2019-10-02 05:10:28

I don’t think I’ve ever made a topic like this. If I feel like I’m done with the forum, I step away from it silently. However, I’m honestly getting really upset. I’d like to explain a little something to everyone. The last couple months have probably been one of the most intense months of my entire life. If I were to go through each and every thing that happened this month, it would have taken that long to write it. Lets just say that life in training has taken its tole on me. Meanwhile, I come on this forum, but all I see is negativity everywhere. In an attempt to bring some light on a dark situation for both myself and others, I try my best to joke about anything negative I can find. The last time I did that, I got backlash from people. Out of the two laughs I got, I had about 6 people mocking me or criticizing me for my joke. One user even pissed me off with his comment so bad that I was getting ready to personally attack him, and I had to stop myself and think long enough for me to cool down. I usually manage to keep my patience and not lash out at someone personally for things, but I don’t know how much longer I can take it. I’m a grown adult, but I admit to crying myself to sleep some nights because of all the stress I’m going through. All I try to do is help people and give them something good to remember me by. That’s why I tried to revive Battle Zone. I told myself I could do it, hell I even promised I would do it because I hold myself to an impossibly high standard. If I work on something, I feel like a complete and total failiar of a man if I can’t finish it. I can’t code. I’ve never been able to code, and won’t be able to unless I take classes or something along those lines. However, I told myself that it didn’t matter if I could code or not, I had to release this to the public one way or another, simply because I have to do it and for no other reason. I try my best, but it’s never enough for anyone and I get ridiculed. I’m leaving this forum, but I’m not changing my password. You know why? Because I can’t go through with it. I’m an idiot, so I’m gonna keep coming back over and over, looking at posts I make and looking at ways people slam me down. I don’t know why I tourture myself like this, but I want to make sure I can’t do this to myself anymore. It’s  tearing me apart looking at this forum and taking it in the face when someone shows distaste for one little thing I wrote. I want my account to be banned from here. Not forever mind you, but long enough to keep me out and make sure I can’t come back until I stop tourchering myself this way.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2019-10-02 05:20:30

Best thing to do would be to change your password to something you won't remember and then come back when you're ready.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-10-02 05:44:57

just change password and bash the keys, then come and create a new account like dan_gero2 or something when you're ready to come back.

2019-10-02 06:32:12

Nuh uh. Secondary accounts are not allowed. See rule 1 please.

2019-10-02 08:36:52

4, Ok, so tell this to Mason as well, cause I won't quote him now but he also said if he ever comes back, that will be with a different account.

2019-10-02 09:10:51 (edited by omer 2019-10-02 09:12:07)

if you care what people say about you, sorry but you cant be happy
sometimes you gotta learn how to ignore shit
no ones perfect, you should listen the good critisism but ignore some jerks that thinks they are the best at evrything

2019-10-02 09:11:41

@5: Welp, that'd be one way to make his 6-month ban a lot more permanent then.

2019-10-02 09:20:13

i see it's cool to leave/be banned/want to be banned/want to leave in those days?
what the fuck is going on?
i can understand sam leaving, but all other people, well, what are you trying to get out of your leaving?

2019-10-02 09:47:50

8, it has a kind of emotional affection on people. They think they have contributed a lot and now at least 20 people will cry for them on a public forum. Usually those do this who don't get enough attention. I also can understand Sam, and I was a total idiot when I said maybe his mental illness can't be taken seriously. Because we don't know anything besides it, so yeah, it was stupid from my side. But these people like Mason and all the others just seek for attention, sadly.

2019-10-02 10:12:43

If I was part of that decision cause of your last topic, I apologize. That's not what I wanted. It was very obvious that your post was a joke, and different people laugh at different things. There is nothing wrong about that. I was one of the people whose humor is different than yours, and I thought I would use the joke to start a small discussion. I was not criticicing or mocking you, I just told my point. Of course, it's your decision and yours alone whether leaving the forum can help you, but I would try to calm down and think about it again. Everyone tells jokes sometimes where noone laughs. That might feel bad, but you can always try again.

We are pleased, that you made it through the final challenge, where we pretended we were going to murder you. We are throwing a party in honor of your tremendous success. Place the device on the ground, then lay on your stomach with your arms at your sides. A party associate will arrive shortly to collect you for your party. Assume the party submission position or you will miss the party.

2019-10-02 10:37:07

so 3 People leaving cause of the same situation. Arr, so boring, what the techno. I just have university and since I will never forget those things, Unfortunately I'm gonna be fail.

73 Wj3u

2019-10-02 11:29:58

who knows: I try to make everything posativ; but; not every peeple is posativ you know

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-10-02 12:48:10

5: As others have said, that would be a great way to make that ban permanent.

2019-10-02 14:50:33

See? I knew I was going to come back, against my better judgement, because again I’m an idiot and I do things that I know are going to stress me out. This is something I’ve always done. I don’t do this for attention, and I don’t do this to be cool. Like I said, usually if I get mad enough at the forum I will leave and you guys won’t even realize I’m gone, but I got mad and hurt enough that I have officially reached my break point. I knew people like posters eight and nine weren’t going to care in the least. All I try to do for people is help and make them happy, and it constantly gets thrown back in my face. Why do you think I want to be banned from here so bad? Also Targor, it’s not your fault, but somebody posted something in that topic that drove me over the edge and made me want to make this topic. I’m like a dog. It doesn’t matter how hard you kick me, I’ll keep coming back until you lock me out of the room. I can’t just change the password and be done with it, because for some stupid reason I can’t go through with it because there’s a huge part of me that still likes this forum and wants to keep coming back.

--------------------
All of my socials and content platforms can be found on my website (not ready yet).

2019-10-02 15:29:05

Hi.

@Dan_Gero screw everyone else, do what makes you happy.

Put on audiobooks, watch movies,go for a walk, cook, watch videos. I do most of these things when I get stressed.

What people like you and me need to rrealise is everyone is human with flaws and no one is perfect no matter who they are, what they say, what degree they have or anything like that.

We all have hopes, dreams, fears, get scared, cry or show negative emotion in some form, so when you think you're alone, remember there are people just like you going through similare situations.

how about removing this topic and any topics/posts you feel will make you remember anything linked to this and then either loging out or going and doing something else, would that help? Or get your mind off this somehow, do something that makes you happy.

I order takeaway a lot, I know it's bad but sometimes I just don't care and can't deal with the world and need to eat something nice so I can crash and sleep for a while, maybe you could do that a couple of times but I'd recommend, from personal experience, not to order takeaway eatch week.

I'm gone for real :)

2019-10-02 16:02:34

OK, I'm gonna lay something on you and I feel that it's important for your own well being to read this the whole way through. One of the worst things that you can do for yourself is rely on others for your own happiness. It just never works. When you're looking for others to validate you, you're giving them the power to build you up or tear you down.

What you want to do is find your own happiness. These are the things that bring you enjoyment. The parts of life that are real, and that give you long term sustainability.

A lot of people think making money and buying stuff all the time makes them happy. It doesn't! What it does do is gives them a pleasurable experience which doesn't last all that long. When they come down off of that, they need to buy more things to stay in that cycle. If they stopped, they'd realize how empty and lonely their lives were.

Why do you think that poor people can be so happy sometimes? They struggle day in and day out just to barely scrape by. They might have to even put one or two or three bills behind to pay for something, then try to play catch up. But, in all that, why is it that they can be so happy? It's surprisingly straightforward. See, in all that, what they do have are family and friends who love and care for them, and whom they love and care for. It may be cliché, but the simple things in life are often the best.

I like to think that happiness is like a pool. When you have a lot of it, you can spread it around to people near you and maybe lift them up a bit. But, when you don't have a lot of it, they can easily take what you do have; in effect, stealing it from you.

Now, let's say two people enter a serious relationship. I'll refer to them as A and B. if A is happy and B is not; B may rely on A for their own happiness. What this will do is slowly drain A over time, until A can no longer sustain their own happiness. Then, both people aren't happy. A is feeling drained, and might even be experiencing symptoms of depression and suicidal thoughts if they feel they can't get out of the relationship. B is more likely to try crazy things to make them happy, or may even lead to the relationship becoming toxic.

On the other hand, if A and B were both happy people before they entered into a relationship, things would pan out a bit differently. Let's say A had a really stressful week at work, leading up to some big important event. They will have to present tomorrow, but tonight, they're anxious, nervous, and maybe a bit afraid. This is where B could sort of lend A some happiness. Just through listening to what A has to say, perhaps looking through A's notes or outline, maybe giving A a massage, or even a more intimate sexual experience. Now A feels more uplifted and confident about their presentation, but this isn't the end of the story. You see, A will at some point in the future reciprocate. This is what a relationship should be. Two people who are in love with each other, who contribute not only to the household, but to the well being of each other and the relationship as a whole. But, this can only happen when you both are happy. If one is relying on the other one, it'll fail each and every time.
Now, moving on from that metaphor, let's look at how you (OP) can modify your expectations of others. The first step of this is to find everyone in your life whom you feel should be able to sway you, or whom you feel should have some influence over you. Once you've done that, everyone else doesn't really matter as much. you're basically rationing the power other people can have over you.

For instance, I don't tend to find your humor funny. I feel that it's kind of dry and lacking. I also believe that you try too hard in most things. That this very nature of yours that causes you to set impossible standards, and then push yourself until you can't anymore is causing your downfall.

I'm just one person though. So, when you're dealing with random internet people, you really have to decide whether or not you're going to let them affect you. In other words, suck it up, buttercup. Don't let one voice in a sea of possible voices set you down some self-destructive path. Though, if you see a bunch of people telling you the same thing, in a manner that seems to be constructive, then you might want to at least take a look at what they have to say. Whether you try to change your behavior at that point is still up to you, but a bunch of people saying the same thing aren't generally going to be wrong - unless of course you're talking about mob mentality.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-10-02 16:07:47

@Dan_Gero: I don’t post often on here, but I want you to know this. Do what you wish. I have trouble with this too, caring about what everyone else thinks of you will just weigh you down in the end. You’re a great guy, and I am so proud of how far you have come in the course of your Independence Training at the Nebraska Center. I regret that I have not been as close as I should have been to you, especially during those times where the stress was too much, and you’ve nearly cried yourself to sleep.
You are not alone my friend, and you have never been alone. I must confess that your topic about Google knowing best, I couldn't stop laughing at that. Satire is so funny when it is used appropriately.
I will say now that I am not leaving this forum, but that does not mean at all that I approve or condone the amount of immaturity that has gone on here in recent weeks.

2019-10-02 16:36:38

What a topic.
It's difficult in these situations, because you can easily come across in what you are trying to say completely wrong. For example, someone might say: "Take a break." Which then is taken as "screw you" when what they meant was "It's going to be okay."

In any case, I digress slightly.
So, If you knew you were going to come back, you even knew how this post would be received, why did you post it?
I understand you were at the end of your emotional tether, ready to rip off and consume faces at the earliest opportunity, which is cool. that's something I can understand and respect. but surely it would have been easier to write this in a file?
That way you get to say exactly what you want to say, curse words included, and don't have to deal with any backlash you may get from posting it on the internet.

Another side note, if you want to say I'm leaving but coming back because I'm "insert what ever yu want to insult yourself with here", just say you're going on holiday.
Not only does it have better connotations, you'll probably not get any backlash at all. Finally, while on the topic of backlash, you  said you've disappeared without people noticing before. so why make them notice? If you want to avoid backlash, then avoid notice, surely?

I realise these are a lot of questions, and some people may be reading this without an ounce of empathy for the pointts I'm making, which is okay, but I want to also finish this post on a positive note, so hear goes:
I actually enjoyed battlezone, picked it up back in my early days of being on the forum, in fact. I never got past the level with the policecars, (sob) and the boulders freeked me out somewhat, but hey, it was a good game, with some good challenges.
I'll be honest and say I thought development was complete on it, as it seemed a well rounded, nicely planned, slightly humourous experience. All in all, I respected it. Sure it was a sidescrooler, but it was a good one, with time and effort, unlike 90 percent of the other crap that was on the market at the time, mine included!
My girl even played it, and got to level 13 I think? Beat me in any case.
So... I'm wondering more than anything, how you ade that without knowing how to code. You said you don't know how to code so... that's a pretty big achievement for someone without coding knowledge. to be fair it could be powered by a game engine, but whatever. My point is, you have already shown an ability to come up with ideas and put them into practice.
If you want to learn to program, there's nothing stopping you. If you want classes, ask a developer you'l ltrust. Most will teach you for a small fee, some may even do it for free. If not that, then look around on the web, it's a great place for learning languages, both programming, easy, and foreign languages.

More than anything, don't rely on others to punish your bad behaviour. It is not the moderators job to be your mom and dad, and put you on the naughty step because you can't control yourself. to be successful, you need to control, and be able to understand, yourself.
Simples.

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-10-02 16:54:36 (edited by LordLundin 2019-10-02 16:56:41)

Darter ... the game was written in BGT by KeyIsFull, but was open sourced. I guess OP took the sourcecode and tried to update it.
On another note, stop being such fucking dickwads, people.
Edit:
I second what others have said, don't rely on other people for your happyness, because people are generally speaking selfish assholes.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-10-02 17:09:07

You are not obligated to tell people that you are getting the fuck away from this mess.  Do what you have to do to get right before returning here.  Stick with those whom really know you, who care about you, with those who are really their for  you when you really need a homie, a friend, an amigo,--- you get my point.  oh, If you wanted to get banned you should have just promoted the killer, ultra power, or red spot copy beeing hosted else where.  Promoted the crap out of them.  That seems to have done the trick for some. hey you could have just asked a simple question as well about those programs. anyways

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-10-02 18:29:24

I understand where your comin from but i'm sorry fuck everyone else and what they think. I don't care what other people think of me. I like myself granted there are things i can improve upon but for the most part i'm happy with myself. the only people who's thoughts of me i even remotely care about are my best friends and my girlfriend. other than that. screw them..

2019-10-02 20:22:39

@Dan_Gero: I just read your other topic and think I know what happened here. In the age of the Internet, everyone feels the need to chime in and give their own opinions. It started with @2 from your other topic and everyone else just followed suit, effectively setting the mood of that topic to "What's the reason for posting this?"

Since @Simba did it, everyone just kind of added their own thoughts to it and eventually the point of the topic was completely lost among peoples' opinions about privacy-bashers, people competing to be even funnier than your OP was, etc.

It's one of the issues with the Internet: we can all impulsively post, and I bet 99% of us wouldn't say the things to each other in person that we say to each other online. Aggressive posts like @Simba allows him to get his anger out and onto you. He was probably in a bad mood when he read your topic and by setting the bait he allowed the rest of the fish to jump all over your OP.

2019-10-02 20:58:36

20. No one has been banned for asking a question about it. they have been banned for creating an account for the express purpose of distributing it. There's a massive difference there.

2019-10-02 22:10:06

I guess I might be the only one thinking that if someone requests a ban for their own well being, the least mods could do would at least be to reach out to them and set one up that would suit their needs. If they know they would benefit from a ban and also know they can't just go and scramble their password, then decide to request help with it... Why not help them instead of just telling them to either stay or just get better? I know bans have been given on Alter Aeon for similar reasons, at least in the past, and whilst it does seem a tad unusual, I reckon the idea is good.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2019-10-02 23:17:07

Hi.

at 22 nope, wrong there, nore was I angry, nore was I targeting the poster. I simply stated that these privacy things are known and that I didn't find this funny.
Could there be a better way I could have posted this, probably, but I'll leave it at that.

Greetings moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.