2019-08-25 11:47:46

I think I'll do a prototype of bgt with lua, but don't hold me to any promises, though.
Before doing that I have a little question about the oop support.
How does one instantiate a lua class? Since a variable contains only references to tables, how does one modify an instance of a class without modifying the global table itself?

2019-09-26 20:11:49

Update:
While  I left this topic to die and be forgotten, I certainly haven't abandoned the project.
i spoke to some programmer friends of mine, and the results of that long discussion are as follows:
As I sead many times already, the bgt scripting engine is dead and, despite a group of people still   using it, it will stay that way forever, we need a better alternative.
So, I thought that I may as well introduse the people still clinging to bgt like to a lifeline, to .net with a not as steep learning curve by copying the actual objects and functions, even using the same scripting engine bgt used, angelscript.
But, after experiencing the pains of integrating such a complex library with .net my self, I decided to do this engine as an assembly, this way, people could use it on all .net compatible platforms, including .net core, mono for linux, mac os and, hopefully, on mono for android and mono touch.
I don't even know the basix of github, so , untill the problem is resolved, I can't post any release, even if I had it ready.
When I have something ready, I will post in this topic, so stay tooned.