2019-08-25 17:31:28

There’s nothing there.

Hopefully, we'll get a fully accessible open world game someday.

2019-08-25 17:45:05 (edited by Ethin 2019-08-25 17:48:12)

@24, you think I'm rich? You seriously think I'm rich? You've got another thing comming then. I'm not rich by any stretch of the imagination. I have never had anything close to a grand in my bank account. I have nowhere near what many other people over here have in theirs, I assure you. So no, I'm not rich. As for arrogance? OK, I'll admit that I can be arrogant. But how am I arrogant for telling you, countless times, to just ask for someone to buy you something instead of resorting to theft to obtain it? How the hell is that arrogance? Do you even know what that means? Clearly not. Sure, I've demanded it of you, more than once. But that's primarily because I've had enough of your BS. As for your friends? Allies? Those would be people who collaborate or agree with you and who will quite happily continue your little "destroy the mods because life doesn't go my way all the damn time and they're now cracking down on my petulant behavior" campaign. It was stupid of the old team to crack down on cracking games but not on anything else. That was nonsensical and hypocritical. At least the rules (ad the mods actions regarding those rules) are no longer nonsensical and hypocritical.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-25 18:00:55

aa ok, now  you have a pm

twitter: @hadirezae3
discord: Hadi

2019-08-25 18:23:18

Okay. Everyone has given their opinions. End of discussion. Over. Finished. Complete. May the moderators please close this topic or I will delete it myself.

2019-08-25 18:24:09 (edited by turtlepower17 2019-08-25 18:25:30)

Ok, two things here. First, your first month of netflix is free. I know this, because I didn't want to pay for a subscription either, I don't watch enough TV/movies to really justify the cost, but I did want to watch the new season of Stranger Things, so I signed up and got a free trial. To this day, I still get offers to come back for another free trial, presumably because I did cancel it before that first month was up, so they want another paying customer. Even if you've already used up your free trial somehow, surely it can't be that hard to find someone who's never signed up before. So, if you truly just want to watch this one movie, and, honestly, I agree that I wouldn't want to pay a subscription fee if that's all I was going to be doing with it, I'm sure there's someone out there who will be willing to help you out.

The second thing I'd like to bring up is in regards to whether we obtain the same amount of information without audio description. It depends, of course, but there's a simple solution if you feel you haven't grasped something that happened. Plot summaries are your friend, guys. Wikipedia usually has detailed breakdowns of shows and movies, as does IMDB. There's no reason why you can't easily find them.

Edit:
You can't be serious? Deleting the topic would serve absolutely no purpose. If anything, it should be kept around as a reminder to others that talking about piracy is not tolerated here anymore.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-08-25 18:24:50

Thanks. I got the private message.

2019-08-25 19:22:16 (edited by pauliyobo 2019-08-25 19:22:49)

Not only netflix is accessible and not only the first month is free.
But, you can actually find content with audio description there and subtitles are read, at least on the iphone.
Not every show has audio description, but some of them do.

Paul

2019-08-25 21:15:20

Hi.

It soly depends on the movie your trieing to watch without an AD, try a movie like gravity or 2001 as an example where you are pritty screwed without an AD to begin with.

Netfliks isn't all that expensive, around 7,99 for the first account category and if you don't have any sight remaining or others who would like to use the account, you're pritty good with that one.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

2019-08-25 21:21:54

MasterOfDeath, I would just like to point out that the reason things keep coming up is not because you're right. It's because you're wrong and can't accept it. Let's dismantle your arguments. I'll be brief. I promise.

1. We're all rich over here in the USA
Uh, no. I'm also Canadian, BTW. Two months ago, I had to borrow money from a friend over the weekend because I didn't have enough to feed my cat. I get by, but not by freaking much. That'll hopefully change when I get a job, but for now it's pretty tight, thank you very much. That's the last time I want to hear about how we have it easy and this informs our choices. Last. Time. Could it be that we're maybe just tired of supporting piracy, and our financial situation has nothing to do with it?
2. The old team did it better
The old team had less drama to deal with, and did some things extremely well. The old team also had a hypocritical stance, where they'd crack down on games but not so much on media. Now that's gone. Deal or leave; your call. I'm tired of having to defend this.
3. Mods have all pirated material
Again, take personal and professional and put them in two places. Have I ever pirated anything in my life? Yes, I have. Am I going to tell you how I did it, where I got it or what it was? No, I'm not. And neither are you, if you want to remain a member in good standing of the forum. Let me state for everyone the point we're trying to make: we can't and won't stop you doing this, we're just asking you not to do it here. Hell, even the original poster admits that they made a mistake, and now seems interested in pursuing legitimate avenues to get hold of the content they want. This is awesome. Totally down with that.

Now, apart from MasterOfDeath, I do want to make a point about audio description.
I've personally watched tons of movies without it and gotten by all right. I can do it and I don't mind. But not everyone can, so I can see why it's important for some people. But as stated Netflix and other streaming services have free trials, and can get you access to all kinds of stuff. Maybe you start by only wanting one thing, but when the world is at your fingertips you decide you want more. and as stated, for those who are too young, maybe try and get someone to buy it for you/get someone to share their account with you legally if that's possible? There are other options besides piracy in most cases. And if there really and truly are no sources for a piece of media that are not pirated, please just don't solicit them here in public. That's it. That's all. That's not too hard to do.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-08-25 21:36:25

So, I managed to get Invictus. Yay!  Thanks for everything. Now please can we stop arguing and have a good time?  Thank you.

2019-08-26 00:49:34

RTT entertainment, please don't delete the frickin topic. Us administrators also aren't closing it, as no rules have yet been violated, as unproductive as this discussion might be headed right now.

Master of death, I unfortunately arrived to the party a bit late, but no worries. Ethin and Jayde already said what I was going to. I understand you don't like our stance on piracy, you've told us in about every way possible aside from civilized and thought  provoking. Assuming you aren't using the piracy topic as fuel for your obvious beef with the team, and actually have complaints... Why haven't you gone and attacked the actual site hosts for failing to respond to our requests? As mods/admins, we still answer to them.
It's the smart and professional way of handling issues. Problems with a colleague? Voice your complaints. Take it to management. Problems with management? Take it yet higher on the Corporate latter. You flew off the handle with some absurdly wild accusations this time that others have already combated.
I wish you luck with your future protests.

2019-08-26 03:58:39

Hi guys. I'm sorry for posting so late, but with regards to RTT, he did nothing wrong. It should be stewie who should get the fire. I mean, Rtt said, that he would be willing to pay for it. It was stewie who posted the link to the site. Now, I don't agree with the notion that you need audio description in order to watch movies. I mean, I spent seasons 1 -5 of game of thrones not watching the screen. Then when i finally looked at the screen, my mind pictures were true. And lastly, Yes the admins can be a bit blunt  at times, but Master of death, you are to outrageous in the way you express yourself. Read your post before you press the post button. Would you like it if i behaved that way to you? no! you wouldn't!

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-08-26 04:03:21

OO! I almost forgot. The Admins really should consider that other countries are less fortunate than western powerhouses like the U S and Canada. I mean, i'm sure its easier to go to a library in  Moncton and get pretty much any audio book you want. Paypal doesn't work in certain countries and in some countries, people probably don't use  credit cards. You guys need to be a bit more understanding.
But stay firm with the anti-piracy pollicy.

_____

2019-08-26 05:42:14

agreed. this forum has been a place where bickering happens everyday. can't we just discuss about games and have a good time? is that so hard to do?

If you found this post helpful, amusing or funny, please thumb it up!
To get in touch, please email me using the email link below this post. If you prefer, you can also send me a friend request on discord. I'm thetechguy#6969. Please do not send me a PM on here as I don't check those often.

2019-08-26 12:31:43

Of course I wouldn't be glad if you behaved this way, but I'm even not a powerhungry administrator, so that's it.
The problem is that nowadays not everyone can stand to their two feet, think about the situation and protest if necessary. We always think like it'll be better one day. No, it won't be, if we don't put an end to this.

2019-08-26 12:35:03

Master of Death. you're free to think what you want.
Sorry it offends you so much that we're just doing our jobs.
have a wonderful day.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-26 15:18:44 (edited by defender 2019-08-26 17:59:54)

this discussion was so incredibly fucking stupid.
I can not believe that audiogames.net is the only place you guys can possibly think of to talk about where to find audio described movies.  Find another place, and stop complaining about it.  This place is supposed to be about games anyway.
All the arguments were already heard and talked about for weeks and weeks before the change went into effect, so why on earth do some of you think it's useful to start all over again and bring up pointless unrelated crap like if the mods have pirated or not or how you can't get certain things in your country.
None of that has anything to do with the rule being created in the first place!  You are making your self the victim and trying to make this about morals when it has very little to do with that at all.
How freaking selfish and winy do you think that makes you sound?
No one in charge of making rules cares what you have to say any more, so please for god's sake just stop bothering the rest of us.
You lost the fight, don't be sore losers, and if it bothers you so much, please just do us all a favor and leave.
You are at least half the reason this forum is not what it used to be, but you are so desperate to win that you can't even see how much damage your doing.  Or maybe you never cared in the first place and just pretended you did?
Until you can stop bitching about every tiny thing that bothers you for weeks and weeks without stopping, I don't want to hear anything about how the forum used to be so much better bla bla bla.  Yeah, it was better.  And take my word for it, a big part of the reason for that is because you guys weren't here yet.

2019-08-26 17:30:56 (edited by Ethin 2019-08-26 17:31:52)

Agreed with 42. As I said, 40, if you don't like the perfectly reasonable and acceptable rules because you can't do anything you like and actually have to act mature for once in your life, get the f***k out, we don't want you here.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-08-26 19:53:05

Its such a shame. People like MOD and others contineuously call the admins power hungry, but i se no power hungry behaviour. If its anyone who is power hungry its you. you keep demanding that the admins follow your ideologies and demanding the forum rise up alongside you and overthrow the admins. You need to grow up. I mean, its people like you that make other kids like me and others who want to exist on this blasted forum without sickening discussions like this! You should take some time to leave the forum, relax and come back. It happened to me in the game constant battle. The admins wronged me i took time to cool off and its better now. You on the other hand, just looks for the slightest chance to attack the admins. IT MUST STOP, NOW!

_____

2019-08-26 21:50:36

you know, one of the things that bugged me majorly on this topic was the inclusion of people who are too young and live with their parents. A lot of us were in that position before, and generally one either had to wait on special days to get something, or work hard through chores and getting good grades in school. However, I'd like to think parents would be a lot more disappointed in their child if their first thought to get something that has to be paid and purchased is to steal it through pirating it. Heck, usually waving the reward stick at times was a way to get children to actually sit down and do their duty. If they're going to pirate the things they want, I'm guessing it's not so much the parents not being able to buy them things, but the child not trying at all to earn that privilege. The rate of getting things I wanted wasn't that really high when I did not have my own sources of income, but it was not non-existent. It also meant I'd put more effort to picking something I would use and play a lot, rather than picking any old thing. And of course, I'd try to keep this up by doing well in school and performing other tasks expected of me and then some.

Note: I do acknowledge the problem some individuals and families have with conversion rates and not having access to paypal for purchasing. However, methods of payment are generally being expanded and worked on, and I thought some places had methods of direct purchases with credit/debit?

Even so, the stance of the website here is to not encourage pirating and other forms of theft, especially since recent laws about actually hold the website responsible for whatever is posted on here (I actually lost track of that legal hoopla, need to find it again). Nothing is stopping someone from making a website to discuss pirating for movies and the like, just remember you'll have to deal with whatever legal issues may come your way with the current draconian methods of enforcement at this moment. And if your response is that you don't want to get in trouble or deal with that, why are you expecting the staff of this website to deal with that then?

Note 2:  Even so, you always have the option of not consuming this media, or asking for someone to purchase it for you. We have a library of various games that are free and well done on their own. As well, this is also not including the access to MUDs which provide months of content for free, and coming with soundpacks at times. And I held myself on this stuff for a while until income became open for my use.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-08-26 22:07:22

If even parents use torrents, they won't pay for example for a spotify account, a netflix, and anything, because they can get them from some torrents, then why can't the children as well. Sadly this is Hungary, and I guess, the general opinion is exactly this.
And to the ones who wish me to leave. It would be bad only for you, not for me though. I can gently leave, but what kind of mentality is this, like hey, if you don't like something then you are free to leave... Holy god. That's why I'm not surprised at that everyone leaves this kind of shit, including Aprone, who was and still is a respected developer.
I could have left a lot of times already. The reason why I haven't done it yet, is that there are some topics which aren't constantly judged by the mods, some topics where we can have normal and mature discussions, and where we can exchange opinions. And that's why I registered here, to talk about games and others tuff related to it. And not to face a huge drama. Don't you think a bit before you claim that there's no mistake in you? There are lots of mistakes in everyone. In me, and in you either. Sometimes I am harsh, I am fully aware of that. But it seems we can't reach anything with civil arguments.
And that the mods aren't power hungry? I don't know if a situation like hey, I'm called J and I wanna promote myself to the admin rank can't be called as power hungry being.

2019-08-26 22:56:24

Awkwardly enough, prior generations tended to work on a different mindset of earning one's stuff rather than taking it for free. I know parents who'd probably whoop their kid's asses for even suggesting or pirating/stealing their stuff rather than paying the content creator's dues/hoster's services. My family was far from wealthy growing up, but we still manage to purchase consoles, go to movies, and a few games that we really wanted per year. Sure, it wasn't everything we wanted, but we learned to wait and get what we truly wanted to play and watch. It's all about patience, however extreme that would be.

but anyway, "nothing" is stopping you from going somewhere else to ask about locating places to torrent and pirate movies and shows. there's entire websites that are usually dedicated to this, as well as their forums of people who do utilize these avenues for their own reasons. This is a website about accessible media and content creators who do put up products that have to be paid for. I agree with a previous post that it was extremely odd we prevented cracks of games, but openly allowed pirated media of other sources. Now, with new legal battles that are cracking down on websites hosting such stuff, webhosts who do not specific serve that type of information and client are cracking down on such practices on the forums. This is an audiogames site with a focus on audiogames. Information on pirated material might bring potential unwanted legal troubles, and thus has been shut down. Go back to discussing about games, and some of the new up-coming releases for September. Anything that harms the site from being able to provide and perform it's mission is going to be stamped out, and currently pirated material will cause that with how some sites have been targetted and slashed down.

The answer to your question is forum.audiogames.net/search

2019-08-26 23:19:21

Lol. you can't promote yourself to the admin rank. Another admin has to do it.
Nice try though.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-08-27 00:19:54 (edited by Ethin 2019-08-27 00:20:13)

@46, um wow. We can get a lot done with civilized discussion. Its people like you who barge in and make it uncivilized. You should take your signatures advice sometime.

My Github

2019-08-27 04:24:44

Well, I jaidon here by promote myself to admin!

_____