2019-08-24 21:33:01 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-08-24 23:20:13)

I’m in need of some free to use and free to download orchestral music or library of orchestra music that I can use in a variety of applications, like battle scenes,  emotional scenes,  and a specially right now,  Music that would be used when someone is doing something, like avoiding being noticed by guards, stealing something,  something like that.  Thanks for any suggestions.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-08-25 14:08:14 (edited by defender 2019-08-25 14:08:29)

Dude...  The dev room, look at the stickys at the top!  Sigh.

Sometimes I feel like doing all that research to find this stuff was a waste of time if no one is going to put in the bare minimum effort.
But your still way better than the people who use tons of sounds from other games, then when given the link to that list, they still dont' use it because they are too lazy to look through it even though they spent 10 times that amount of effort on actually coding/debugging the game.
It makes one start to question the community's value if most won't even take advantage of something handed to them on a silver platter and can only make excuses instead.
Sorry for the rant, it's just very frustrating and disheartening.

2019-08-25 17:16:58

Wow, what a nice and supportive community we are. Way to go!

Can we just help each other instead of instantly trying to label people?

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2019-08-25 17:27:35

I dont' see how I'm labeling anyone?
Maybe I shouldn't have gone off like that and obscured the topic, but I'd think you could at least empathise...  However I specifically separated his mistake from the people causing the majority of that frustration.
If your saying that I'm assuming too much about why people don't use the resources than, alright fine I can understand that, but everything I've seen has backed that judgement up and since they won't even bother to tell me how it could be made easier, I can't really take much else out of it.

I've been very patient with people for the most part about this, I've pasted links to these sites again and again which you can see in my post history, but now that the collection is finally up and even stickied, people are still asking where to find it or refusing to use it after having posted in that room before?  Yeah, that kinda pisses me off, and I think that's fair.

2019-08-25 17:36:56 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-08-25 17:43:53)

I have done so a long time before now, but there is a shit tun of stuff to go through, a lot of it, just not what I need. and I don't have the most time on my hands right now. I want to narrow my search. Oh, and I use that resource a lot. There is just so much I can't sift through all of it, and I've already looked through a few of the sights on there, and bought the entire incompitech library a long time ago. So that leaves that out right there, it doesn't have what I'm looking for.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-08-25 18:21:10 (edited by defender 2019-08-25 18:25:14)

Wait you couldn't find anything, for any of those categories in incompetech's entire collection?
It sounds like your looking for a unicorn, something perfect that doesn't really exist.  If your going to have any chance of finding it without paying, it's going to take some searching, that's just the way it is, it's the tradeoff for free content.
Maybe what you want are suggestions for individual tracks?  But if it's a case of (I'll know it when I hear it) then it sounds like your never going to be pleased...
All I can possibly do is suggest sites that are already on that list, but you said you've already looked at them.  Well many of those sites have fine grained filters that are specifically designed to help you find exactly what you need.  Sub genre, Mood, Instruments used, BPM ETC.  Even the most basic sites usually have a tagging system of some kind... And the smaller ones can just be browsed through in half an hour anyway.

2019-08-25 18:26:14

@defender The way you phrased your dislike. You are doing this, you belong with those people, but you are at least better...

I certainly understand your frustration, however, we do not know whether OP  did not go through the resources because of sheer laziness, or because of something else. There are a number of reasons why and how a topic can be missed, even if it's sticky.

A lot of times, this is because people are inclined to just post a new topic, rather than search. Even though I don't agree with this, and if indeed what you were suggesting was happening, pointing out the location, i.e. being constructive, would have been a lot more helpful, not only for OP, but also for other people in the future. Imagine everyone'd reply to trivial topics with a rant, people having less experience would not see it as encouragement to behave and communicate better.

@1: Please go through the resources and check. It might take more time, but you will probably find things that you weren't necessarily looking for as well. Doing it yourself is always the best idea, unless you hire someone to compose for you, because at this point, only you know what you need. Looking for battle music is a bit too generic to me, there are a number of styles that I can imagine as battle music: hybrid trailer scores, medieval, religious (e.g. just an organ), 8-bit, etc. The same for music that indicates sneaking around, there are scores where just one note is used throughout via a violin section, there are ones with a piano and a vibraphone, sort of a James Bond-esque style, a harp and a flute with a bass line, etc. There might be something like these on the above-mentioned resources page as well.

Hth,
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2019-08-25 18:36:56 (edited by defender 2019-08-25 18:39:30)

Yeah, I understand you.  I often say the same things about remaining constructive my self, so I get it.  I shouldn't let my self post if I'm that annoyed about something.
I usually don't respond like this, but since he had posted in that room before there was no way he didn't notice it.  Now I see the issue is not what I thought at first though anyway, so I see what you mean about jumping to conclusions.
And the separating him from the others didn't really help soften the rest of what I said either, so it was an over reaction for the caliber of mistake he made.

2019-08-25 18:41:05 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-08-25 18:43:16)

I'm thinking about throwing in the towl and, trying and probably failing  just making what I need myself, with, the crap lojic has, and seeing what happens.  I simply have a somewhat consuming time schedule with the start of high school and other things going on, I need to use my time wisely. I don't like to use filters because on smaller web sights that will bring the number of tracks a long way down. I'll check on a few other sights and see if I can unearth any thing. I was looking for a general group of higher quality film like orkestral music, especially played on string instruments,   incompitech just doesn't have what I'm looking for, and I may not very well bee able to get it for free but I saw nothing wrong with trying, because I don't want to shell out money right now seeing that I have a limited amount of said money.

2019-08-26 07:31:04 (edited by defender 2019-08-26 10:53:23)

I understand about the filters, but again on smaller websites they aren't really needed anyway, hell you can probably just use the find command and search for strings, orchestral, cinematic, epic, score, soundtrack ETC.  Once you figure out the tag system it's pretty easy.
All I can do is suggest holfix and timbeak from the resource list, and if by some miracle you can find a stable link to it, the "open bundle" formerly hosted on commonly.cc.  Maybe the internet archive has it?
Good luck.

2019-08-26 19:45:14

I was wondering, anybody know  the audio quality of the MP3 files from the incompetech library.   I do not want spend  money on crap sound.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-08-26 23:39:55 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-08-27 13:35:54)

Just downlode what you want. They are perfectely fine. I do wish he would offfer them in wav for free just because but mp3 does fine for this, the quality is, as is mostly the case now a days for roilty free music, a quite high quality mp3 file.