2019-08-09 21:50:02

hey I just found out the xbox one s all digital edition console may work for me. But I have two questions. first, do you need to connect some sort of monitor up to the xbox for it to work? and second, will it work with USB headphones? and last, is the narrator screen reader on the xbox one s all digital edition console? one more question, I use a tablet laptop hybrid with intel atom processor and windows 10 home 32bit. It has the xbox app. Can I stream games to it and still use OCR if needed? It sounds like a lot of you guys on here have moved onto consoles. And I do not use didks, as long as I can download games like madden nfl 2020 I'll be fine I think. And its a lot less expensive than buying a $700 gaming laptop.

2019-08-09 22:10:13

I have the consol in question, and i will try to answer these questions to the best of my abilaty,
No, you do not need to connect a monider, i use mine with the tv off most of the time, but you may need one at the start, if you have no sound other then the tv speakers.
I have not tested USB headphones, but normal headphones work fine, so i'm
assuming usb would be all the same.
I don't understand you're question about the screen reader. Yes, it is narrator.
I believe you have to stream to a computer in order to OCR.
HTH.

2019-08-10 01:45:53

My son uses USB headphones and they work fine. So they should work fine for me also I would guess. How does streaming to the computer work? And do you need a really powerful computer just to stream games to it? when you stream the game to the computer, do you still use the xbox console to play the game or does the computer take over all gamePlay? Due to the fact that I know that USB headphones do work, I could probably just play the xbox without having it hooked up to a tv at all, and just use USB headphones and streaming to the computer, although it would look weird to a sighted person. I know madden nfl20 will be accessible, killer instinct probably some other fighting games, and isn't there some forza horizon racing game that is pretty accessible using OCR? And $150 is much much cheaper than spending $700 or more on a gaming laptop.

2019-08-10 02:51:35

Use the xbox conpanion app for streaming, and i'm not sure how exactly it works, you'll probably need 16 gb ram, as most videogames on pc require that.

2019-08-10 09:57:16

So if I understand correctly, this is the one s, but without the disc drive. Am I right?
And for  150 dollars, this sounds like a steal.
Youu do not need that of a powerful computer just to stream, but you will need something much better than a tablet for it to, well, not have lag.
You could use something with at least 4 gigs of ram and an I3 I guess, but don't quote me on that, cause I am not sure.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-08-10 11:39:57 (edited by brooksfrakerbac 2019-08-10 11:41:01)

. Got mine to work on this. Processor    AMD A6-7310 APU with AMD Radeon R4 Graphics, 2000 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
No you don't really knead a good comp. it will work fine on really any thing.

2019-08-10 12:50:51

when you are streaming to your desktop or laptop all the processing power is used on the console you're just streaming your screen. And all Xbox one generation consoles have narrator built-in you just might have to enable them.
A semi decent laptop will do the job it all depends on your connection to your laptop and console the smoother it is the quicker it will play on your device.  you can use a monitor with a HDMI cable or a TV but don't have to turn them on less you have to.
Furthermore we do not want to game on your laptop or desktop when your streaming to it only time you will need to stream to it is when you need two OCR. also you can join parties and chat using your Xbox companion app on your laptop desktop or mobile phone or tablet which is brilliant.

2019-08-10 12:58:59

If you guys haven't already added me or the Xbox VI community do so as we can help you with whatever questions you may have.
Gamertag,, SIRPDEX
Community club name,,, playtoenjoy titans

we have plenty of members that are in to different genre of games so you will always find someone to relate to. 
and our madden franchise will be kicking off shortly so don't miss out and join.

2019-08-10 14:16:58

@6 you don't need a great computer, but unless you want lag, don't use a tablet or something like that.

2019-08-10 15:36:55

Not to mention a pc with windows 10 32bit. You're just simply not going to have enough ram. And probably not the best wifi speed. Not that a lot of networks take advantage of this yet, but my pc has wifi6 support. And dude, $700 today=budget, off the shelf computer. A gaming pc is going to cost a lot more than that, take my xps15 7590 for example. Note that I didn't necessarily choose the graphics card this is the one it came with, and seeing as it would mean better performance I just went with it.
9th gen intel core i7 6core (hyperthreading) cpu running at up to 4.1ghz
16gb ram (2x8)
512gb nvme solid state drive
NVidia GeForce GTX1650 gup with 4gb dedicated gpu ram
Wifi6, Bluetooth 5
USB type-a and type-c ports, all 3.1
biometric power button
Windows 10 Pro
All that gets you up to about $1700 give or take. So the lesson here, you got yourself an extremely good deal on xbox1s all digital edition, being $150 for all the gaming resources you need.

2019-08-10 15:46:43

I got mine for 250. And yeah, 700 for a gaming laptop? that's fuckin cheep. I once saw an acer lap crusher, ahem i mean laptop, for 9000 dollars.
Built in mechanical keyboard
21 inch edge screen
64 gb ram
intel i9, and 2 tarabite ssd.

2019-08-10 15:58:34

Oh yeah, mine was 1400 UK pounds at the time, I am sure you can not find a good laptop at 700 dollars, the laptop can be ok, but it will not be a gaming one.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-08-10 23:24:53

I found a good gaming one for $700. It is called the Asus Tuf gaming laptop. go look that one up. it has good reviews. I found the asus tuf gaming laptop on amazon.