2019-08-09 19:24:04

Hello!

I am currently in Deepwood forest in A Hero´s  Call. I am trying to complete the quest Predators and Prey. I´ve chosen to kill the Wolfes in their den. I´ve found at least  Three of the, and now I seem to hear some Wolfes in the water, but I can´t find their den anywhere. Can someone tell me where I can find the den? Thanks in advance!

2019-08-09 20:01:23

Wish I could help you properly with the problem. It is quite a while since I've played AHC the last time and even then it always took quite some time till I found all of the dens.

Some general advice though, maybe it helps:
As far as I remember there is a way to approach the running water there from both sides all the way through. So maybe if you're hearing the wolves near to the water they might actually be on the other bank?
Also always search for small openings in the underbrush. Try to make a full circle around the sound source and maybe you find a small gap where you can enter an otherwise cut-off part of the map.
So yeah, this quest, even with the bugfix for the sound panning of the wolf sounds, was one of the more time consuming for me.
Btw make sure you're playing on the most recent version. As mentioned there was a version where the wolf sounds didn't pan correctly and it was really difficult to find the dens by ear. But as you're playing probably way more than a year after the patch you've most likely already have that fixed version.

2019-08-09 22:02:00

One of the wolf dens is across the bridge, near the fishery dock. wander through the thickets there until they're dead ahead and then clear that den. In every playthrough I did I made that the last den I cleared.

When the wandering fire strikes the heart of stone, will you follow? Will you take ... the longest road?
Guy Gavriel Kay

discord: tayo134

2019-08-10 04:15:08

Thanks for all the help guys! I finally found the last wolf den. It was actualy Close to the fishery dock, had to look around a bit, but I found it at last.