2019-07-29 05:04:54

so, I wanna learn bgt. and make a audio game. right now, i'm makeing the storry. so how do I do the cutseen like in manamon?
Also, can someone make a invantorry class and A item class for me?
thanks!

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-07-29 05:31:12

Ok first, for a story like in manamon, you need something like dlg.bgt, then to include that, then have something like, dlg("test dialog."):
And about the inv and item classes, i doubt someone will help with you being that vage.

2019-07-29 05:48:08

a nuther question.
say today is the 28th. when it reaches the 29th, how do I get it to show a dialog. saying that its my burthday?

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-07-29 06:08:53

peep peep, today is my burthday!

2019-07-29 16:55:50

You'd have to make it check for a date, and then add an if statement saying that if it's a certain day, display that it's you're birthday.

2019-07-29 16:56:00

Happy birthday btw.

2019-07-30 06:44:04

hi. I have a nuther question.
so, say like in bk3. in the tutorial, when you are at a sertten x, the dlg appears telling you what to do.
so, how do I do that in bgt?
please help...
thanks!

2019-07-30 15:18:11

Use an if statement, and have it say if the player is at a certain x, then have the dlg.

2019-07-30 18:08:32

Read the fucking BGT helpfiles and look at example code. A lot of the things you'll be doing will be based off statements, so brush up on that. Then you need to look up the reference guide for say, the calender object and implement that into the statements.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2019-07-30 20:41:02

so hustile, @9? No need to be so angry. He is a new dev. he just wants to learn from the community.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-07-30 20:58:22

I doen't want to get a worning...
adel, count to 10 adel, com down, com, down!
ok. i'm gonna rage
@9. why? just freeking why? arnt I alowd to ask questions? just wow. if only I wernt nice...
ile tell the admins to gave you a adatude ajustment, buddy.
stupid. just so freeking stupid!
why! is there such thing called flame wor! just, fine. you down't want me to post? fine! I wont! if only I knew how to hack...
you know what? i'm not gonna waste my time here, good freeking by!

2019-07-30 21:54:48

@9, well that was quite uncalled for. Even after i read the, as you put it, fucking help file, i had questions. A lot of the questions he asked here were not talked about in the bgt manual. Even though some were, I still tried to answer the questions to the best of my ability. And if i get a warning for this, i'm sorry but it needs to be said. Stop bogging down other developers just because not everyone can just read a fucking file once like you and fucking own at what ever the task is. Not everyone works that way. So maybe, instead of being a condescending bitch, maybe you can try to help him? or stay the hell out of the topic.

2019-07-30 23:10:24

well sed @12

2019-07-31 00:41:56

@12, perfect. some people just want to act like they know everything. The dev base is becoming toxic. He had no right to behave like that and the "fucking helpfiles" might be a bit difficult for newbie devs to grasp. You need to bloody relax.

You ain't done nothin' if you ain't been cancelled
_____
I'm working on a playthrough series of the space 4X game Aurora4x. Find it here

2019-07-31 02:33:37

Yeah, it was a little hard for me to grasp, but not much, as i knew how to code in other languages. I had another friend that found it decently hard to understand, so don't just assume that the person is just dumb or that they didn't read the help file.

2019-07-31 03:20:57

I can kind of understand @9's point but it was over the top. if you have a background in coading then these things seem obvious. but it is a little harsh to yell at somebody who's starting out and learning as they go.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2019-07-31 04:10:34

Yeah, but saying, look at the fucking help file, is not very helpful. While he did say some other things, a beginner programmer might not understand them. I do not believe it was justafied for him to just say, look at the fucking help file.