2019-07-17 04:23:19

Hello, i am searching for a Yu-gi-oh game that is not a mud. does anyone know if one excists? such as a web browser or downloaded game style?

2019-07-17 14:12:47

Sure there are, but they are not entirely accessible. The most accessible one is probably Legacy Of The Duelist which can be played with the help of the Windows 10 OCR.
I can thus recommend the currently live Yu-Gi-Oh MUD game to you, thats the best possible experience if you want to play real YGO.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-07-17 19:42:30

i do really want to play, but i have no expereience using MUD's. which one works the best with that game? how do you even use the MUD to play. how do i find the game once i download a MUD and where do i go from there? MUD's are all new to me. I Appreciate any help you can give me!

2019-07-17 20:12:46

Well, a MUD basically is just a text-based interface which connects multiple people online. Thus there are several clients out there that are designed to play MUDs, the most popular ones being MUSHclient and Vipmud, if it comes to the visually impaired community.
MUSHclient is a free solution, whereas Vipmud is a paid product, but focuses on visually impaired people. Both clients are accessible though.
Both clients do have a soundpack for the YGO mud, both maintained by different people and thus having different sounds and different features.
The MUSHclient soundpack can be found here:
download
The Vipmud soundpack is hosted somewhere on Dropbox and i'm not sure if the latest link I know of is still active.
If it comes to the MUSHclient soundpack, all you need to do is download the file and extract it somewhere and launch the mushclient.exe file. You'll automatically be connected to the MUD and your screen reader will read some text to you. If you want to re-read the text you received, use Ctrl+Tab to switch into a Notepad-like output window which reads all the text you received and sent. Use Ctrl+Tab to switch back to the Input window to write your commands. As soon as you made it into the game, people on chat will and can help you I guess.
If it comes to Vipmud, there's a bit more required to get the soundpack running, and i'm not really sure what to do in this case, except that you need to purchase Vipmud first before you can even take this road.
Hope I could help.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-07-17 20:38:33

i have the vip mud sound pack how ever i will not  Distribute it without permission

“The fear of loss is a path to the dark side. Death is a natural part of life. Rejoice for those around you who transform into the Force. Mourn them do not. Miss them do not. Attachment leads to jealousy.
The shadow of greed that is. Train yourself to let go of everything you fear to lose.” —

2019-07-17 20:44:19

There's also a Mush soundpack for it. However, the game itself is not really active, as I saw a few months ago.

2019-07-17 21:04:19

i have downloaded the mushclient. do you know the port code for the yugioh game? and can you only duel other players or is their A.I. computer bots i can duel?

2019-07-17 22:48:19

You don't need to know the port if you already got the mushclient soundpack, because that one knows all the relevant information already. The port however is 1234.
The mud is pretty active, depending on the time we got up to 20 players online in parallel. You can only duel other players though.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-07-18 03:17:05

Thank you Highjacker for all your help. i have gotten into the mUd and the sound is playing. i have set up an account with a nickname. i understand i have to write commands in order to proceed. do you know where i can get a list of those commands? or how to find them?

2019-07-18 10:24:58

As the MUD already told you, the help command is a good resource to start with. You can use help start to see all commands which are relevant when getting started, help topics will list all help files which are available and you can go further from there.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-07-18 12:55:50

is this the alanexis one?

2019-07-18 15:42:46

If you mean all in access, yeah, it is.
Best Regards.
Hijacker