2019-07-16 17:42:53

Not involving stupid kids? This, is really relative. Ivan, you may be an adult, but in this drama you act like a kid as well, at least in my opinion. And I'm not sure if you could do this with kids under 18, if you are an, adult.

Thumbs up +4

2019-07-16 17:56:06

I'm acting like a kid? Well...guess you better start acting like an adult then and pointing out how I'm a kid. Until, then,  guess we're both acting like kids? Ha

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-07-16 18:28:49

Still @ivan, my point still stand, and as @Jayde pointed out in post 25, unless every party involved is 18 or over, the contract / deal / agreement / what ever you call it, is Nullified / invalid / not legally binding.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2019-07-16 18:48:15

I agree with Jade on both points. All parties must be properly represented in order for a contract to be genuine, but then again, what is the likelihood that any legal action would be taken at any point relating to this agreement? IN other words, how genuine does this have to be? Also, the drama has definitely over stayed its welcome.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

Thumbs up

2019-07-16 19:00:12 (edited by UltraLeetJ 2019-07-16 19:06:21)

MasterOfDeath wrote:

Not involving stupid kids? This, is really relative. Ivan, you may be an adult, but in this drama you act like a kid as well, at least in my opinion. And I'm not sure if you could do this with kids under 18, if you are an, adult.

hahahhaa, specifically this post made me laugh a bit, and here's why . go take a look for what a demonstration of acting like a kid is like. Just watch who has all of the unnecessarily snide and unscrupulous comments, I'll wait.

nice precedent for setting a great example by the way

Regarding the on topic discussion, I think its been said over and over again that posting tk distributions has been long overdue, but please go take a big dive into the new releases forum and look how many topics have been closed. You will not need to go more than five pages in, though. This just makes the site be even more ashamed of itself for any visitor. Its just, depressing.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Thumbs up

2019-07-16 19:32:02

Moderation:

I want to state that no decisions have been made at this time, but the staff team is beginning discussions on whether or not to simply blanket-ban discussions of this game in its entirety from the forum for the foreseeable future.
As is clearly evident to most by now, this game has...let's just politely call it a sordid, messy history and stop right there. It's hard to tell who actually has the rights to say what gets spread around and who does not. The likelihood of legal litigation is slight, but the complications are too numerous to mention. Is person A allowed to release a fork because they got it from source A, while person B, who didn't know their source -wasn't source B, gets punished? It's just a silly tangle that doesn't need to be here.
And so we're thinking about just slamming the door on it.
If this is something we end up doing, I want you folks to understand that we aren't picking on any one person here. It's not about the quality of the game either. It's about all the confusion and practices associated with this game, which seems to get cloned over and over again to enough of an extent that it's becoming a public nuisance. Let this also be a lesson to you: if you are a developer who wants to make a new game, make sure you don't get all tangled in your own release history, and make sure you can stipulate legally binding terms to anyone you might want to sell or give your source code to.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-07-16 19:52:37

I'd like to say that I fully endorse this. I brought this up this morning to the staff. Most of our moderation decisions as of late have had to do with TK and it's various forks. Enough is enough, and something really needs to be done about it.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-07-16 19:55:50

Silak is indeed an adult. I don't think I can disclose his age, but he's an adult.

Paul

2019-07-16 19:57:53

sorry for the double post
@26
oh, oh. Nice.
Have you hever heard of self evaluation, right? If not, I'd recommend doing so. big_smile

Paul

2019-07-16 20:05:48

Ok so I feel like I should say a few things here, seeing as it's largely my falt we're having all this mess in the first place.
I don't know about whatever agreement ivan and peter had. Heck, I didn't even know it was solled off until I saw this topic. Honestly, I think selling it to silak at all was a bad idea, and I think ivan is starting to realise that now. There is still the fact that none of this would ever have happened if it hadn't been for me being an idiot and steeling the code and leaking it in the first place, but I can't exactly undue the past. I do totally agree with those who say this game is just becoming totally old though. A few months ago, I did actually by an old version of tk from ivan, mainly 1.37, because I liked tk how it was before like 1.4x when it really started going down hill. As you should know though, I never did give the code out to anyone, nore did I post about my version up here. I mostly just kept it around for me and some of my friends to have fun with and for something to code random shit on when I was board. It however is no longer up since I'm working on a new fps with my own code now, but that's for another day. Point is, if you ever sell off a project to someone, you'd better be sure you know that person well enough to know they won't fuck with things and start just giving the code out to there friends, who then give it out to there friends, etc etc etc until pretty much everyone has it. I should probably also let you guys in on something which I'm not sure was public knollige or not, but that version of redspot that originally got leaked? That was given to me by some guy by the name of yousuf cattab, no idea how the heck you're supposed to spell that but whatever. I then, being the stupid 14 year old I used to be, gave it to a lot of people, including ernie96 and sediment, and from there it just slowly trickled it's way out to basically everyone. I do think it was partly this other guys falt though since I saw some versions come out later that were unmodified by me, but whatever it still got out. To the person wondering why some people just like messing with stolen code and cloning things, for me at least, I mainly just used it as a means to get away from my personal life and coding proved as a great distraction for me and something I could just absorb myself in.
There's my little rant for the day over.

Thumbs up

2019-07-16 20:07:04

Hi.
At Liam and Jaide, well, that's the best idea the staff had in a while, I am fully behind this decision and would welcome it with open arms, would be one step twards the goal of getting most of the drama outa here.

Greetings Moritz.

Hail the unholy church of Satan, go share it's greatness.

Thumbs up +1

2019-07-16 20:34:42

I don't get why everyone has to be a developer. I mean, this is no rite of passage. It doesn't turn you into a magical person, or mean you're suddenly an adult. honestly, the only people who want to play games made by kids are other kids, which is fine but then don't come here with your BS either. I'm not aiming this at anyone specifically, but the kid games need to stop, or keep them in your own little private circles and off public platforms.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-16 21:14:42

I'm at a point where I feel like this sort of decision is going to take a lot of pressure off things. If we make it and then stick to it, it means that if you start off with TK crud, at least until such time that the landscape changes, you'll be dealt with immediately. No more tiptoing.

Of course, this isn't something we're just going to ram through with only the approval of Liam and myself, so it's ready to be discussed further on list.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up

2019-07-16 21:28:19 (edited by Stormy 2019-07-16 21:29:12)

@cmerry
I personally don't have a problem at all with messing around with source code to understand how the code works and to learn from it. It can be fun to see how the changes you make can have an impact, and like I explained, it's one of the biggest reasons why I know what I know about programming. I am more curious with the "intentionally rereleasing someone else's code and trying to claim originality" aspect.

@Jayde and Liam
Agreed 100% as far as something needing to be done. Input was not requested, but I wouldn't lose sleep if discussion surrounding the game were no longer around on the forum. It seems like there's some kind of familiarity between the network of players, so the game (in all of its forms) could still be discussed via their own means.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

Thumbs up

2019-07-16 22:21:20

it isn't that people mess with source code, it's how that code was obtained. The people doing this lack any grounding in moral and ethical issues, and feel that if the code is out there, they are entitled to it, regardless how it actually got released. Mason left a bunch of open source BGT stuff out there they could go after, but those aren't online FPS's so forget that. Python is a bit harder, but still, tons of stuff on github to mess with. Maybe not audio game related things, but certainly there are projects related to audio. I've seen media players, synthesizers, etc.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-07-16 23:46:54

Moderation:
Until such time as ownership is sorted out, we will be putting a blanket ban on all discussions of this game and any unauthorized derivatives.
Going forward, anyone who attempts to distribute the game in any form will be receiving serious punishment. We as a team have decided that something needs to be done. Most of our time has been moderating topics about this game or versions people have attempted to post in to the wild.
As of now this topic is closed, and I will be looking in to putting up a sticky topic in the New Releases section or the general section with this same information just so that there is no confusion.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven