2019-07-01 17:09:41

Hello
So I recently changed from my win 7 laptop to win 190 with quite alright stuff installed. I still have the last accessible modded version of coc on me and thought I'd replay it again since...why not? It's fun. I remembered playing it using internet explorer before, so I tried that. Turns out, my internet explorer kept freezing and restarting. It didn't even let me progress or save properly without doing that, and even corrupted a save I tried so hard to save. I couldn't even get past the first demon realm scene and save because it kept doing that. When I changed to firefox, it kept making me download the file instead of running. Even when I installed flash player, it still didn't let me play. It gave me uninteractable blank window instead. Google chrome didn't work with that thing for sure. So I have no other option but to get back to internet explorer, which is the only browser that can run the game and doesn't work for me thanks to the restarting a million times problem.
Now I'm stuck and sad. I really wanna play this thing. I even tried using the standalone flash player projector only to find out it's inaccessible. Anyone have advice or ideas or whatever I can try to make this work again? Any help would be much appreciated.

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-07-01 18:06:53 (edited by Dark 2019-07-01 18:07:02)

I'm afraid I had no luck since NvdA updated to not work correctly with IE flash player.
I did wonder if google chrome had finally got to the point of flash behaving but it seems not, which is bloody annoying.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-01 18:20:23

I use jaws with ie and it works fine. The only thing that keeps me from playing is the constant restarting which erases my game progress and I can't save because it does that too when I try. I managed to save once but could never load it because it does the dam same. Man this game is awesome. I wish I could play it again.:(

Why do ghost hunters have to hunt ghosts? Well, there's a fear of being ghosted out there. They may need therapy as well as their ghost hunting kit.

2019-07-01 18:45:17

You should still be able to use the save slots by saving to a file in your coC folder, I just wish NvdA would cooperate with IE and flash as it used to, either that or that the game would work with chrome.

I can still run the game with Supernova and IE but as I barely use Supernova anymore that's not saying much.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-07-01 19:00:23

No, I can't do any save or load. It was a really dumb luck when I did it once that time. Other than that, it restarted. The save/load file didn't work. I don't know why.
Someone told me they could make it run on firefox, but couldn't remember how. I wish for it now, anything that enables me to play it again.

2019-07-01 19:22:40

Yeah, I miss the game myself too, though as a bonus the sequel runs fine on chrome and when I last checked hadn't any anoying access issues like the mod or indeed like trials in tainted space, so that might be worth a look if there isn't a work around.
Really I'm surprised at NvdA here.

2019-07-01 19:33:01

I wonder if it'd work if I change it to the original version, not the modded one. But I really wanna play the mod.:(

2019-07-01 21:03:17

It works on chrome for me just fine, except, how do you save?

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-07-01 21:07:15

How did you get it running on chrome Redfox? and which screen reader are you using?

Do you have some specific settings for flash? I allowed the site to post flash content in settings but there still doesn't seem to be anything coming up even when I use OCR on the page.

2019-07-01 23:05:55

I don't think you can save on chrome. Can you use save file instead of save normally on there?

2019-07-02 03:34:43

I just clicked the play link under the heading, it works for me.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2019-07-02 03:36:38

Ok, that's kinda embarrasing, I just whent to check it in chrome and it no longer works, that's fun...

----------

2019-07-02 08:27:11

you used it to play on the website?

2019-07-02 10:24:17 (edited by Dark 2019-07-02 10:24:36)

I've never seen corruption of champions work on Chrome. CoC 2 does certainly, but one doesn't because Chrome doesn't support flash very well. Its quite annoying, especially now NvdA and IE have decided to have arguements.

2019-07-02 14:11:45

I could have played fine if my ie didn't decide to be a bitch and restart a million times. I can use jaws with it very fine.:(
What's coc 2 about?

2019-07-03 11:34:28

No Jaws over here (not for the silly prices they charge), and while I could play with supernova as I said, I'd rather not  since v16 isn't exactly great with windows 10.

Coc2 is set in another world, and  an actual party with characters with different skills, as well as dungeons that are a lot like Sryth used to be, with need to go in different directions and such. It was shaping up really well last I checked, though that was some time last year.
Best of all, it plays fine in chrome with no modifications or issues at all, and at least last year had no graphical problems the way that some of the  mods or triles in tainted space did.

I did mean to look in on the game and see how things were going, but I got a little tired of x rated themed games last year so let things lapse a bit.

2019-07-03 21:09:49

@mata, i have an old copy of nvda, 18.3 or something like that wich still works with i e and flash player, let me know if you would wish it
@dark I've sent you a pm

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2019-07-04 06:10:39

I told you it wasn't my nvda that cause problem. I use jaws with IE and it's IE that causes problem.

2019-07-04 11:26:35

oh sorry then, my mistake. should read posts better next time big_smile

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."