2019-06-17 13:00:51

Hi.

My lady wants to have a go at whatsap.
I've never been a social media fan myself, but as she's recently met a group of people who keep in touch that way, she fancies the idea.
Does anyone have any access advice? Also, is it possible to voice chat using Whatsap? since that would be quicker and easier than trying to use the on screen keyboard.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-06-17 13:03:27

yeah you can voice chat on ios and it is pritty good. And sorry i don't get what access

Yours kindly

2019-06-17 13:14:29

WhatsApp accessibility is fine, although privacy is another topic. If I may give you some advice, stick to privacy-aware messengers like Threema or Signal instead. But if it comes down to accessibility, WhatsApp is usable without any problems since years now. Voice messages are possible, as well as dictation via Siri instead of typing by hand and even direct voice calls via sWhatsApp shouldn't be any problem.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-06-17 13:19:25

Hi,
Whatsapp is as accessible as it is possible to have an app smile
I don't see any issues as such that you'd experience, and its farely simple to operate.
The voice messaging feature is done by double tapping and holding down the voice message button which also acts as the send button when something is written in the chatbox. Keep in mind though, that the voice messaging is more of a press and hold the button, say what you'd like to and release to send feature rather than double tap, record, listen and then send it.
all the best
and its a fun little very useful app and one app that I think the accessibility team needs to be appriciated for as they keep pretty much on top of things in regards to accessibility.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-06-17 13:38:13

Actually, if you double tap the voice message button and than you drag your finger upward without lifting it from the screen, you'll hear voiceover say recording locked. So, now you can lift your finger and the app will continue to record what you're saying. When you've finish, locate the send button, you'll find it where there previously was the voice message button, double tap it and you're done.

2019-06-17 13:41:32

its accessable and simple to use, no problems

2019-06-17 15:38:31

Not much to say here as others have covered everything, but WhatsApp is one of the most accessible apps on the Appstore. You can take advantage of every feature it offers without any issue in regard to accessibility. Voiceover reads everything, perfectly. I use the application everyday for every purpose. We even have a formal group for my class where students and professors alike cooperate. Amazing work by the team who works on it.
Same thing also with Skype. Skype has been only and only improving in the updates of the last two years on the iOS.

2019-06-17 17:10:04

aa yeah it is accesseble with voice over 100%.
oh post 5 thank you i was needed this thing.

Yours kindly

2019-06-17 17:39:36

In adition to what @3 mentioned earlier, Telegram is also a "wonderful" choice! Both the IOS and Android official clients, have been accessible since at least April of this year.

I myself have left WhatsApp and never looked back.

2019-06-18 10:30:11

Yeah, Telegram is good too, although there are still minor inconveniences, such as the impossibility to delete contact from a group or the difficulty to read old messages. However, Telegram has bots and an integrated function to create pools that is completely accessible.

2019-06-18 11:03:29

Unless something's changed since the last time I used watsap, audio calling / maybe video calling is also possible.

2019-06-18 11:33:20

yeah cmerry whatsapp have video call also but i get this on android 2 years ago and on ios idk when it was availeble

Yours kindly