2019-06-01 05:17:59

@18 ... OK whoa. I don't know where you came up with that, but ... wow. That is literally insane. If you guys want to believe that ... weirdness, then I mean OK. But it's not exactly like that. Uh, wow.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-06-01 05:27:17

@26, then what is it? Can you prove that its not what Ironcross32 said? Because, really, that seems quite a reasonable idea at this point.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-01 07:25:05

I mean, shrug. I can't prove anything, people will believe what they want.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-06-01 07:35:24

Lets not turn this into another Mason bashing topic okay guys? I know he's an easy target, but it really isn't worth the drama and won't actually help make the situation better.

2019-06-01 09:04:06

So what is all this about? I didnt really follow endless runner since I couldnt get used to the game and sort of gave up, but like, what went on? I did notice all those topics going away though, which seemed strange.

2019-06-01 18:56:22 (edited by Urh2006 2019-06-06 10:58:32)

All of you are insain. Mason is a good person. And at post 18: Fuck you! Go from the forum. You are not serious and your posts are so wierd. Think before you post.

Let's make this forum again a place where wont be any drama.

2019-06-01 18:59:15

think this needs a moderation warning. I will report this post.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven

2019-06-01 20:08:44

rory-games wrote:

So what is all this about? I didnt really follow endless runner since I couldnt get used to the game and sort of gave up, but like, what went on? I did notice all those topics going away though, which seemed strange.

he wanted to charge money for another difficulty, and he took away the scoreboard and put a 5 dollar price tag on it

2019-06-01 20:18:54 (edited by defender 2019-06-01 20:20:27)

IMO that's not even an unreasonable model, because people still get 80% of the game (with no time limitations like a normal demo) and 5 bucks isn't allot to ask when his customer base is so small.  I doubt he had any sound costs, and the idea isn't that original or anything, but unlike Sam's runner it's actually out, and beyond that you can't ignore the time it took to code it.

2019-06-01 20:21:04

Nothing can make the situation better. And yes, I understand how absurd this theory sounds, but I've looked at all others and they just don't quite fit, this seems to fit quite nicely.

@31 I think you just forfeited any credibility you might have had by calling us all insane, and as a collective. Also, by blindly following another without even looking at any evidence.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-02 00:43:12

Well @35 it's certainly not true. You have the right to your opinion, of course, but I mean... Yeah.

2019-06-02 00:49:48

Why not shed some light on it then.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-02 05:15:00

I had both Shooter and Endless runner lined up in future episodes of my podcast to demonstrate. Following Mason topic deletion episode 45000, I've removed them. I'm not going to demonstrate games which may or may not be paid and may or may not be discontinued, because their developer decided to up and delete his connection to the main source of communication and information for his players.
I was on vacation last week so didn't know all the topics were deleted. I in fact checked Mason's profile to verify and find out they were. I have a version of endless runner from May 19, and I don't have shooter yet.
I'm not going to bother hunting either of them down or trying to find out what's new, what has changed, what payment model has been implemented, because I quite frankly don't care enough to go the extra mile and look. I'm a player of audio games, and I will play and or pay for games of game creators who do not sever their main line of pr because they don't like what someone said to them. Fuck the rest.
Thanks kindly and have a phenomenal day.

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support

2019-06-02 06:31:30

@36, your telling us that we're wrong about our assumptions about you, yet you fail to provide a contradictory version that makes your point over ours. Your not gaining any ground in this battle by doing that; I'll go for the war metaphor and say that we are utterly destroying your troops and your not offering any kind of major retaliation to our forces. If you tell us we're wrong about our assumptions about you, then please, inform and enlighten us to the truth of the matter.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-06-02 07:02:01

Moderation:

Urh, that's warning-worthy. There's no need for the senseless personal attack in post 31. You should know better, and if you don't, you ought to now.

For the rest of you, let's remember that while Mason is not precisely covering himself in glory here, he is not beholden to any of us at this point.

We are also not beholden to him. You are well within your rights to jump off this crazy train and go elsewhere. I very much doubt anyone's going to hold that against you. If you want this dev, or former dev, or whatever he is, to take the consequences of his actions seriously, hit him where it hurts. Not here on the forum. On his games. Stop playing. Stop supporting, if you feel his actions merit it.

Ironcross, I'm not issuing a warning or a caution even, but I want you to be aware of something. You alluded several months ago to a tendency of yours to stir up fires. You're doing that a bit here. You haven't said anything brutally awful, in my honest opinion, but you're towing the line of where conjecture and assumption bleeds into character assassination. Just kinda watch it, okay? You're entitled to the opinion you have, just...well, look what's happened since post 18 for proof.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2019-06-02 16:44:23 (edited by Stormy 2019-06-02 16:45:52)

@The Dwarfer
Very well said. It doesn't get any simpler than that. I played and enjoyed one of the games. The topic surrounding the game was deleted with no explanation. I am no longer interested. There are other projects to get invested in that likely won't vanish without notice.

Trying to free my mind before the end of the world.

2019-06-02 17:01:01

I've also joined the list of people who will pass on any future or in this case present games by this developer.

Much less active on this forum than in the past.

Check out my live streams: http://lerven.me
follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/liamerven

2019-06-03 08:44:53

Hi Mason.
Just one question:
Why do you not tell the truth, and let us all know why you deleted all your topics?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-06-03 09:05:31

Because he broke up.

2019-06-03 09:39:27

because he wants our ettentions i guess. Dude deleting  endless runner, shooter, well all your topics just what's reason

Yours kindly

2019-06-03 15:59:51

OK ... Fine.

As a lot of you may know I've always had issues with taking criticism. Anything even the lightest things would and will set me off. I didn't want the trend to continue being a thing and I didn't know what else to do. Many of you are right in saying that it was a very hasty and quick decision. I always tend to follow my brain and not my heart, and do things in the heat of the moment. I hate it, I hate it I hate it and yes, I hate it. It seriously gets in the way and fucks with me. If only I just knew how to stay calm and not freak out all the time... Trust me, I want it about as much as you do, or don't, depending on who you are.

2019-06-03 16:39:30

I'm glad you shed light on this topic.
But Jayde, you made me look up what beholden meanar. For those who don't want to look it up, here is the definition:
"owing thanks or having a duty to someone in return for help or a service."
Makes a lot more sense now that I know what you were saying.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-06-03 17:48:48

masonian wrote:

OK ... Fine.

As a lot of you may know I've always had issues with taking criticism. Anything even the lightest things would and will set me off. I didn't want the trend to continue being a thing and I didn't know what else to do. Many of you are right in saying that it was a very hasty and quick decision. I always tend to follow my brain and not my heart, and do things in the heat of the moment. I hate it, I hate it I hate it and yes, I hate it. It seriously gets in the way and fucks with me. If only I just knew how to stay calm and not freak out all the time... Trust me, I want it about as much as you do, or don't, depending on who you are.

So, basically, you just deleted all the topics because of the criticism? Just, waisted so many years because of that?
Wow... Fair enough. That's of course your decision. But you need to be aware of the rules for selling a product. If the purchased products don't work because you have shut down the licens server or something simuler, then you should give your customer their money back. I have not checked if that's the case, which I of course doesn't hope. I'm just mentioning it...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2019-06-03 18:44:38

I think you need to stop selling things then, because it's very unfair what you're doing to your customers.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-06-03 20:23:57

You can't not accept the critics' criticism while accepting their money

If you have issues with Scramble, please contact support at the link below. I check here at least once a day, so this is the best avenue for submitting your issues and bug reports.
https://stevend.net/scramble/support