2019-05-19 01:18:33

I've just started using reaper, and I noticed something. I will record and play in time with the metronome but then when I play it back it sounds off time. can someone explain why this  is happening and a possible solution?
thanks in advance!
best regards

2019-05-19 07:19:18

hi rori.
i myself was facing this problem, the only thing that can be a solution is that check your project properties with alt enter, and metranom settings by alt shift enter.

2019-05-19 23:02:10

mm, without knowing exactly how you are recording, the drivers you are using, the routing settings is a bit hard to pinpoint a solution.
My best guess: you use an interface which has its  own monitoring and are not using reaper's monitoring, and so latency is the culprit.

A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

2019-05-21 10:52:33

it's playing too early, I think

2019-05-21 10:55:01

Switch to WA Sapi driver. Ir should fix the problem.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-21 11:00:41

That sounds like you have a latency problems.  you can go in and try and lower your buffer speed, but this will impact your CPU usage
I used to have the same problem with my midi files and audio recordings.
But the latency can be caused by the devices you are using to record.

2019-05-21 11:07:23

how do I do that? I'm not sure how to do either of those things. I'm a beginner to making midi music and virtual midi and all that start, it sounds like another language to me. I do know some music because  I do piano and a little bit of midi terminology but yeah, can someone tell me how to do this? sorry about this, I'm souch a noob lol

2019-05-21 11:58:56

I am guessing from your reply you having problems with your MIDI keyboard playback after recording.
If it is only off by a little bit you can go into the midi editor and select all to quantize.
If it is quite a bit off you will have to go into your settings and  you can do this by pressing ctrl p  which brings up their preference menu

2019-05-21 12:18:02

I recommend going to the preferences, audio and setting WA Sapi from there.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2019-05-21 15:49:11

In case no one has put it out here yet, the stuff from CAVI Audio contains answers to almost every single question you might have about this. This definitely sounds like something I've recently started studying yesterday.

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy