2019-04-22 23:18:10

Hi,
I think there might already be a topic concerning this, but I can't find it, so I'm making a new one.
This is for discussion of any aspect of Game of Thrones, from season 1 to season 8, from speculation, to comparisons, to analysis, from lore to terms, it's time for anything. Naturally, it is my belief that spoilers will be discussed, which is inevitable by the way, so please put a spoiler warning on parts of posts that require it. Also, feel free to help anyone who might be new to the series, get started. Here's how I did this, and also please excuse my spelling and please, someone come back with correct spellings for me if necessary, thank you.
I got the first 7 seasons and ended up watching episode 1, and was still a bit confused about who's who. It wasn't until a few episodes in that I was able to find a way in, so to speak, and that was by following Deneres's story. What was interesting was once I was able to follow this arc, all the other character arcs started to slot in around it, and I could find more characters to like and hate. I haven't properly refreshed myself, but I've started to watch the new season.
By the way I found one of season 3's arcs really dark, yikes. I think those who've seen it probably know which one I'm on about.
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e
Theon. Yikes, those scenes are scary. I think from a behind the scenes standpoint though, the actors kind of had fun with it and made sure to make each other laugh after the scenes as they were all rather dark.
I actually have a question though to those who might know, but does anyone have an idea as to how the actors get to quote unquote ride dragons? I know the dragons are cgi but how would they allow an actor to ride on set?

2019-04-22 23:51:34

About dragon riding, they have something called a buck, which is like a mechanical contraption that stands in for the CGI dragon. Speaking of, (Season 8 spoilers beyond this point) Kit Harrington had a rather... unfortunate accident while filming season 8. Let's just say, he and Varys almost had something in common. Read more about it here
Anyway, for anyone who's actually caught up, what did you think of last night's episode? (It's already up on AudioVault audio described.) I thought it was awesome. Kind of a similar thing as 8x01, but way better. Brienne is a knight, Podrick can sing (how many other hidden talents does this guy have? A magic cock, sings like an angel, what's next?), Tormund is still the best ("That's why I'm so strong -- giant's milk"). So many great character moments these last two episodes. They're reminding us why we love all these characters to "prepare" us for the carnage that's about to follow. Speaking of, who do you think is going to die next week in the Battle of Winterfell? Or in general this season. My predictions: Tyrion, Varys, Davos, Melisandre, Grey Worm, Jaime, Theon, Beric Dondarion, possibly even another one of Dany's dragons. I could be wrong about a lot of these, obviously, but one thing's for certain. A lot of characters are going to die in the next episode. And I can't wait. These last four (!) episodes are going to be longer as well, approximately an hour and twenty minutes long, which is awesome. Can't believe it's all going to be over in just four weeks. At least we have the last two books to look forward to, sometime in the next hundred years.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2019-04-23 07:23:14

Spoiler
S
p
a
c
e

Tyrion can't die, he's an all time favourite. I don't see Tyrion dying anytime soon, nor Arya, nor John Snow. Nor bran, for that matter. If bran dies, the world's memories die.

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2019-04-23 16:02:30

guys! I wondered, is this series has the audio description?
I have listened to this series name  and wanted to go through it but for now just asking.

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan
Visit my youtube channel to dive into accessible tech tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVJNv … 9wXunGvl9A

2019-04-23 17:51:37

@post 4, yes it is, see https://www.***
It consists out of 8 seasons, the last one is currently being released one episode per week but the other 7 are all on there, audio described.
HTH

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2019-04-25 21:43:26 (edited by Ciri 2019-04-25 21:50:10)

Oh my god, you guys just rescued my day by telling me that Game of Thrones has Audio description! I'll have to watch it in English (I watched it in german but only season 1) and I read the first two books, which is the first book of the english Version, because in Germany they devided every book in two big_smile don't know why.
Edit: Ok, because I was so super inthusiastic I wrote this post before checking AudioVault. I know this does not really belong to tis thread, but I have one question regarding AudioVault: When I download a movie or a Show, is it the whole Show with the Audio description with it or just the description? And if ist just the description, how do I have to start the Show and the description so that they work properly together? okay I hope you understand what i wanted to ask, english is not my native language big_smile
Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-04-25 23:31:31

You get the show and the description together. Enjoy smile

2019-04-26 00:01:58

Oh yeah, I'm gonna spend the night watching TV shows big_smile
Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2019-04-26 09:52:43

yeah audiovault is a nice thing to have

2019-04-26 11:12:21

this is  me again for the second time.
guys, i go through audio volt but din't find games of thrown

Thanks and regards.
Madhusudan
Visit my youtube channel to dive into accessible tech tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvVJNv … 9wXunGvl9A

2019-04-26 16:32:31

It's there. I am not going to link directly to it here, only to say to keep on looking. It's definitely there.

2019-04-26 18:44:56

try to search on
game of thrones

2019-04-29 11:14:21

Man, this last episode is pretty hard to follow without audio description, as I thought it would be. Hope AudioVault comes back soon.

2019-04-29 11:24:40

@13: Yeah. I haven't watched it myself, but considering that there should be a huge battle this week and what not it sounds like a nightmare to follow along with XD

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2019-04-29 12:32:10 (edited by grryfindore 2019-04-29 12:41:26)

Hi,
Even though Audiovault transfer is still taking place and hence in maintenance  mode, we are working on getting the Game of thrones episode for all the GOT fans out there.
I am a huge fan myself so I totally get you guys. smile
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2019-04-29 13:34:27

I was fortunate enough to have someone describe  what was going on.

It wasn't as good as the audio described versions, but still enough to know the outcome of the battle.

I won't say anymore because I don't want to spoil anything.

All I can say is, it's definitely wirth watching this one with the AD.

2019-04-29 13:48:42

Is there any way to have these audio descriptions in text format? English is not my main language and therefore it would be much easier for me to read them.

2019-04-29 14:32:03

unfortunately no, or we would have a lot more described content.

There's a thread discussing  that very topic somewhere on these forums, but it died pretty quick.

2019-04-29 21:57:09

So, any thoughts on the last episode?
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
Who would've thought Aria would be the one to kill the Night King? That being said, I feel he died a little too easily, I guess because he seemed so infamous it would've taken more to kill him, especially as the dragon fire did nothing to hurt him. Do you guys think this is the end of the White Walkers now or can it be that something more sinister is behind all of this? (Seeing that we don't know all that much about them or how they were made). Or will the Southern mercenary army invade the north and that's how it's going to end?

Brendan
-----
There is one rule above all others for being a man.  Whatever comes, face it on your feet.
@bcs993 on twitter, feel free to follow!

2019-05-01 15:59:59

I was a little disapointed in the last episode. I felt like the battle was kind of rushed. or something. I dunnno it just rubbed me the wrong way.

2019-05-01 20:10:36

Considering there has been published or leaked photos of the Red Keep burning/haven been blown up, and Emilia/Kit/all the northfolk have also been reported to having filmed in the dragon pit, I'm guessing we'll move south after this.
Jaime will probably kill Cersei and probably die somehow... The Hound and the Mountain will probably also clash...
The Night King definitely died too easily, but this being Game of Thrones, it feels ridiculous enough to make sense as just being how he'd go down... Not like the last couple of seasons have made a whole lot of sense.
Fortunately there's only three more episodes left, so that's something. Though there is that spinoff planned, so we'll see how that goes. That one is set in the past though, if my memory serves.

To see a world in a grain of sand, and a heaven in a wild flower.
Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.
William Blake - Auguries of Innocence, line 1 to 4

2019-05-01 23:29:36 (edited by LordLuceus 2019-05-01 23:31:36)

Yeah, all this episode did for me, after the excellent A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms, is it made me wish for the last two books all over again. Are they really going to spend the last three episodes fighting Cersei? After they dispatched the White Walkers in just one? It makes no goddamn sense. But what can you expect? The show hasn't really been the same since season 5, which is not a coincidence, as that's the season they started really diverging from the source material. I was hopeful for the ending, especially after episode two was so amazing, but now I'm just afraid Benioff and Weiss  will screw it all up like they screwed this episode up. But hey, subverting expectations, right? Arya's such a badass, right? No. Fuck that. (Before someone starts, I actually don't mind that Arya was the one to kill the Night King, I just have a lot of problems with the execution, if you'll pardon the pun.) And that spinoff? Gods, please no. Yet another bloody prequel. I guess we'll see. Maybe they'll subvert our expectations again and actually make the ending good.
Phew, I feel better now with all that out of my system.

2019-05-03 17:00:56

Interesting thing I found on Reddit. Neville Watchhurst, the guy who does the audio description for Game of Thrones, talks a bit about the process and what it's like to do audio description. Check it out. https://audioboom.com/posts/7249438-how … of-thrones

2019-05-04 04:08:06

Hi.
Thanks for posting that interview, it was very interesting! It's too bad, the people who audio describe things are the unsung heroes of the movie and tv show business. I bet if game of thrones was a lesser known show, the guy who describes it wouldn't have been interviewed like that. These people are doing ground breaking work for the blind community, and most if not all sighted people will never know how much work goes into doing this for us.
Getting back to GOT, I've watched a little of season 8, I don't understand it all, but it's still fun to watch and discuss with my family.

Guitarman.
What has been created in the laws of nature holds true in the laws of magic as well. Where there is light, there is darkness,  and where there is life, there is also death.
Aerodyne: first of the wizard order

2019-05-04 05:38:29

what prequel?