2019-04-22 15:35:30 (edited by jesseleivo 2021-08-03 02:53:59)

deleted

2019-04-22 17:29:03 (edited by Ethin 2019-04-22 17:30:44)

No one reported Masons site to be harmful. This is something I have been warning people about doing for some time -- and now its happening: browsers are starting to clamp down on HTTPS everywhere. Firefox has already started preventing users from navigating to insecure sites purely because, yes, those sites do pose a huge risk to your security online. I honestly do not understand why people don't just get an SSL certificate; its not as if their ultra-expensive like they used to be three-four years ago. You can get one for your server in less than a minute now without paying a dime (other than the costs that you were already paying). Not getting HTTPS and coming up with excuses like "my site doesn't submit any form data" and bla bla bla is just being lazy and, to me, shows a complete lack of interest in protecting your users at all.
The other alternative is that Google found the BGT programs Mason has up there and has determined them to be malicious. I'm getting the same issue with brave/chrome.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-22 17:36:17

fuck ssl, how about I just use lynx and no need for worry.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-04-22 17:51:31

@jesseleivo: Its not only firefox. I use chrome and I got a simular message

Ask, and you will receive.
Seek, and you will find.
Knock, And the door will be opened for you
Mat. 7:7

2019-04-22 17:54:10

I am with firefox and I did not get anything like this, at all, at least on this site.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2019-04-22 18:01:29

@3, LOL. @5, no, it doesn't happen on thissite, but does on masonasons.me .

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-04-22 20:10:15

Mason justn eeds to use Let's Encrypt to create a certificate. The warnings should go away after this is done. You will have to renew them once every three months, but it's completelyfree. Just create certificates for masonasons.me and www.masonasons.me and have it automatically redirect you to https://masonasons.me no matter what you enter.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-22 21:53:24

I'm pretty sure ssl isn't the problem. mason said google fought 2dp was some sort of virus and removed it for the time being. Now getting ssl probably wouldn't hurt, but in this instance it wouldn't actually solve the problem at hand.

2019-04-22 22:10:40

Try internet explorer.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2019-04-23 17:55:51 (edited by jacerbt 2019-04-23 18:00:36)

it is google protection. And there actally is a way to go forward to the site from the warning. You have to press show detailes, and then press enter on go to this site and ignore the risk. Crome and firefox blocked shooter but it is totally a false positave. And the strange thing about that is that it is in python, so I don't know why it would block that and say it is dangerous.

2019-04-23 18:35:50

Hi,
When I try to download shooter it is indeed reported as malware, however, at least in my version of firefox, if I right click the file in the download list, I can ask it to allow the download anyway. Unfortunately I don't know how to report it as a false positive.

2019-04-23 22:09:00

The only way for the google safe browsing protections to stop preventing people from going to this site is for Mason to contest it. He should've gotten an email about it; let him deal with it.

My Github

2019-04-24 20:49:55

@12 a couple of days ago I did just that. Hopefully soon it stops doing this.

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!
Follow on twitter! @ItsBrynify
Thanks, enjoy, thumbs up, share, like, hate, exist, do what ya do,
my website: brynify.me

2019-04-24 21:36:35

@13, it may, but you may need to prove to them somehow that its not. I'm not sure why they determined hat a Python game was a virus... very odd, that.

My Github

2019-04-24 21:37:38

@14, I did. And it wasn't a Python game, it was a BGT game. Never fear, though, as all future projects will no longer be in BGT. Finally, right?

I've been going by Bryn, which is now reflected in my profile. Please do your best to respect this :) Mess ups are totally OK though, I don't mind and totally understand!

2019-04-24 21:55:56

Cloudflare gives a free SSL cert

2019-04-24 22:03:27

I'd go withletsencrypt, IMO... at least you have control of itthen.

My Github

2019-04-24 22:44:53

I used microsoft edge to download shooter and I got no problems at all. Just sayin' tongue

2019-04-24 22:57:54

I've just enabled HTTPS access on the website, so hopefully that fixes things.

2019-04-24 23:25:27

It appears the website is defaulting to HTTP unless you type https://masonasons.me. Is it possible to have it automatically use HTTPS no matter what?
It also appears the servers for SBYW and Tomb Hunter are broken as well.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2019-04-24 23:26:33

@20, it defaults to https, your web browser and things just may need time to get the changes all set.

SBYW server will not work, however TH should be working.