2019-04-16 21:55:34 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-04-16 21:57:49)

Most of the countries on this planet are far from homogenous, however we tend to focus on the dominant culture or group.  Sometimes we forget that on occasions, the largest group is not even the indigenous group. For example in some parts of south east Asia, most of the Americas,  Australia, parts of India sort of depending on how you look at it,  a few parts of Africa,  and even Japan. No, the Japanese are not the first inhabitants of Japan.   Or, that there are other smaller, yet just as culturally rich and interesting people in these countries and regions.  For example, if I were to travel to most of these countries and regions, it would be the smaller groups of people that would truly interest me because there is less known about them and there cultures most of the time.

There are also times, sadly many of them, where the smaller groups, indigenous or not, are discriminated against for multiple reasons.

Do you come from a country where any of this is the case, or know of any?

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.

2019-04-16 22:54:02

The U s. I don't think more is needed here.

Their is no such thing as a master.  One is never done learning, and those who claim to be a master at something are far from becoming one!!

2019-04-16 23:46:31 (edited by Pineapple Pizza 2019-04-16 23:48:06)

Not really for those who live here, I live here so, I know well. This country has a long way to go.

I would rather listen to someone who can actually play the harmonica than someone who somehow managed to lose seven of them. Me, 2019.