2019-03-04 20:51:28

@moderators.
I feel like this topic has far outlived it's time, and should be locked before any small brush fires can pop up and spread into another forest fire.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-03-04 21:06:13

lol you being the one who threatened to blow things up; that I find extremely ironic. You can lock a hundred topics, have to lock a hundred more.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-04 21:06:16 (edited by mahdi-abedi 2019-03-04 21:07:00)

hi mason
why you likes discontinuing the projects? big_smile

Thumbs up

2019-03-04 21:21:21

Ok so i leaked someone password, and nothing happened. Then Mason spammed, i got banned. Check out the topic from last week if you want to know the whole story. The I got unbanned. A guy cheated. He got banned. Mason raged a lot at players. And then discontinued the game

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

Thumbs up

2019-03-04 21:54:42

I'm posting in here not with advice, no. It's to say farewell. Farewell SBYW, farewell all the maps I've built, farewell. Am I sad that SBYW is going down? Yes. Do I want it to stay up in the first place? That one is a toss up for me. I do and I don't, for multiple reasons which I'll keep to myself. Have I expected this? Totally, a couple of weeks ago, actually. Will I play Mason's games in the future? Nope, probably not. What will I do now that SBYW is gone? Nothing. I'll move on, probably build myself a builder like SBYW and play around with 3d stuff, but that's it. It's over. Mason is taking the game down and there's nothing you or I can do. Accept it and move on.

Thumbs up

2019-03-04 21:56:43

just rofl at 79, short story?

Thumbs up

2019-03-04 21:58:13

@mahdi: personaly i think he will not answer, Possibly mason don''t even reads through this anymore. Have to say though that the twitter thing is made up, his twt still exists.

Lamas with hats, but with sponge bob as carl Stay tuned.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvAUQt … subscriber

2019-03-04 22:20:31

yes, I think too: he dont read comments: but I dont no how to use my twt account smile

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-04 23:08:46

How about you people, mahdi /Simter, get yourselves a couple lives? Yeah? Sound fun?

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-05 00:48:49

Moderation:

Mahdi-Abedi and Simter, consider this an official caution for both of you. What you're doing isn't precisely attacking people, but you're both deliberately kicking at a hornet's nest that has been dying down. I do not want to have to take more extreme measures against either of you, so please stop.

I have begun to notice a trend with the two of you, although you two are not necessarily the only guilty ones. A lot of times, when drama shows up, even if you two didn't start it, you often pick at it and get yourselves involved in it somehow, and usually annoy people. The number of reports about both of you in the last couple of weeks has shot up, and the amount of forum drama has also shot up. Coincidence? Me, I don't really think so.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

Thumbs up +3

2019-03-05 02:46:13

@82 don't sit there and call me a liar unless you're willing to put forth proof, I don't appreciate it and am not prepared to tolerate it. Correcting me is one way, you can do that in a tone that doesn't come off like what you displayed. I don't purposefully make up shit, and when I provide information, I check and double check it. Still, it is possible for me to provide misinformation, in which case I would issue an apology and a retraction when someone corrects me. However, even checking just now, his twitter is showing as non-existent. Maybe his masonasons updates is still around, but his personal one doesn't seem to be.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-05 03:45:10

I am sad that this game discontinuing but yeah
you guys can; wel; all so try some new games; and well play the older ones has created by others
never the less; I think mason has decided to go out of the forum; never develop any games in the futcher; and leave his twitter a count; and begin this all again
then this will discontinu again; then he will go out again because of dromma about him; and it will continu until this site will be; well; blockt? so guys; dont make any drommas well; if you hate amson; dont soport it
this is just my thoughts

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-03-05 03:58:09

So feel free to call me a hypocrite but this whole situation has changed my view on one thing. Last topic I said that I had put way too much work into that game to just outright stop, but after a lot of thought, I have concluded that I just don't need Mason's bullshit and drama anymore. I tried to go on SBYW today, just a few minutes ago actually, and couldn't seem to build with the same amount of creativity and drive as normal. Now normally I have a very high motavation level on the game. Myself and Redfox created a map in three weeks that was  80k chars in the rawdata. But the main point I am trying to make is that I have come to the realization that I just don't need the building and the game as a whole anymore.  And not trying to sound like a kiss-ass, but IronCross, you were one of the main reasons I came to this, so thank you.

Is this the real life?
Or is this just fantasy?
Caught in a landslide,
No escape from reality

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 05:35:47

you give us cautions but not this guy when he attacked us? That sounds cool. I must say.

cmerry wrote:

How about you people, mahdi /Simter, get yourselves a couple lives? Yeah? Sound fun?

2019-03-05 12:02:42 (edited by musicalman 2019-03-05 12:12:02)

Meh, I never played with SBYW. Personally I kinda like Crime Hunter and Tomb Hunter for what they are but, whatever.

Before I continue I should say that I have no personal ill will toward Mason. Him and I used to be good friends, and we had our problems but I don't have any ill will toward him because he has some issues and I do too. We've both grown a lot though since we last talked on a regular basis, so if we ever did talk again, I would pretty much consider him from a clean slate. I don't know much about his recent actions but I know enough to say that he definitely needs to improve both his behavior and his administration skills but still, I don't even know if I could do what he does, so I'm not going to be too critical of him. I want him to find success, and it pains me to see him, and other developers, get caught up in this mess, though I will agree that he made some of this mess for himself, based on what I know. Some players no doubt contribute to this too.

I know I am ignorant of many of the facts and stories that led person A to do action B and person C to do action D and whatnot, and because of my ignorance, people are going to want to explain and justify it all to me, but to be honest I don't care, because this reputation for drama has been going on for long enough now, and explanations aren't doing much. I am really starting to become convinced that a lot of devs and admins don't have what it takes, from an emotional maturity standpoint, to keep a game running smoothly. A lot of them are literally teenagers who should be enjoying a teenager's life. If coding is their thing, then start small and work your way up so that your emotional maturity has a chance to catch up with your dreams, and enables you to watch the petty things from the sidelines and chuckle or shake your head and move on. But instead friendships and history and "a bit of fun" play into almost every decision and that is not at all a way I think a game or any public entity should be run. I'm not saying that no teenager can do a big project right, but some cannot. Furthermore, the notion that starting drama in a public place could be fun or productive is just sad to me, because it's creating quite the good reputation for the community.

I think we all need to step back and cool off. Forget SBYW, Mason is gonna take it down. I know people have put part of their heart and soul into the game, but it's only a game. And that's the trouble. Nobody realizes that a game is just a game. They bring personal drama into games and therefore, games aren't a passtime. Instead they become a lounge which seems to quickly become toxic, and games and online activities have a way of becoming addictive.

Myself, I play games just to play games. I try not to take my personal gripes with someone into a game. When I play CP for instance, I play with people I really do not wish to know well. But I still play minigames with them and really do enjoy it if the session remains civil. It makes me think of them in a more healthy way, instead of reading drama about them and shaking my head at their conduct off game. So long as they can keep a good reputation in-game, I'm fine playing with them. Why is just being friendly so hard to do?

I get away from games and computers every now and then because I like getting out of the house sometimes, and am forcing myself to actually find things to do. I look forward to coming back and seeing what's new. But I need some breaks. I think we all do. We just need to get away from the madness. So let's all just calm down, shake hands, and try to learn from our mistakes, and become better people and exercise our good qualities. And remember, a game is just a game, but friends and enemies can last for a lifetime. SBYW can be replaced eventually with another cool game. A good friend cannot be. And an enemy? I won't even go there, because something bad can always be outdone by something worse. So let's try to be calm, keep our personal trouble off public places, and try to avoid making enemies of each other.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

Thumbs up +5

2019-03-05 14:19:35

So, usually I avoid topics like this, because I have not actually got the time to play the games themselves.

From the outside, it does seem like games from this developer go up, then down. then back up? then back down. then get renamed? and go back up again, then come down.

Which is actually fine.

A lot of mainstream games do this, I'm not even joking. The amount of times some of the biggest games in the sighted community have gone down for a year, two years, or even three and then come back is amazing.

That being said, there's one major difference: a reason.

From what I've read in this topic, there's a lot of speculation on, but no real hard reason for, the game going down. That, more than anything, is why I read through the thread with this here box of popcorn, to find out exactly what went wrong.

I still don't get it.

@jayde I have to say, thumbs up. I admire the way you explain the reasoning behind the moderation movements and think it is something we all, me included, could take note of.

Anyway, this did raise an interesting thought I realised, a question more than anything:
So, if a developer makes 3 games, and puts them on a website, then takes down the website. then he makes 3 more games on a new website, and takes it down. Eventually, aren't his games just going to become lost to time without the users actually meaning them to?
Just my ponderings for today, and in the words of a great man:
So long, and thanks for all the fish

Nathan Smith
Managing Director of Nathan Tech
It's not disability
It's ability!

2019-03-05 16:10:30

Meh. Yeah, here goes again. I'm honestly not surprised, i'm really not. I felt bad when payed accounts first appeared, then when people started to buy then mason as always discontinued his game. How funny! people gave him, well let's say about 100 dollars. He didn't eeven do a refund. And now all those people, lost there money, cause they bought useless shit that no longer eeven exists. I'm excited as th and ch are going to be discontinued as well. Then we will have a new company like auditrocit works, then auditrosit works will develope a new, awesome game, then it will be payed, then 30 people buy it and lose there money cause that new company will discontinue this game, then... It's just a loop, it will always be so until something i don't know what, will happen. It's sad to see that some great games like UP and sbyw i'd not say it was so great though, have gon. Maybe mason should think about himself, maybe he doesn't have what it takes to develope and maintain his own game? maybe he's not suited for online games? maybe he's suited for large offline games? but th is a good fact of: no, offline games are not suited for mason too. When i saw the topic about sbyw is discontinued, i was surprised for a second, then my thoughts were exactly like this: yeah, sure, mason always closes his games after he gets money. Easy! get some money and close the game. You know the blind community has not much online games to play now? we eeven lack offline games. And i mean not just some small crappy games, but good, offline/online games to play. If there are good games, they are abandoned and they no longer receive updates. Rant over. Good point, @84.

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 17:30:52

And i was the bad one when i mentioned TH's prices in another topic. The next one will be that one i guess, cause he created it in september or around that. And the final one will be CH. How awesome... Even his offline games need a running server cause they are paid and he stores payments on an online server.

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 17:44:12

@skylort: yeah, what a good point. We complain at about something and you tell us to get a live when you just complained about exactly the same? Your mind makes sense.

2019-03-05 18:04:50

yeah, your mind isn't worse, @94

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 18:10:05

the hole, get a life thing is just stupid, you sound like a few squabbling children...

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 18:12:14

I think it's sad that he doesn't want to take constructive criticism from people. If all his projects do indeed go down and he does nothing to patch his offline games that require a server, I will never support any future titles he produces.

I honestly think he should either release his titles as open source or abandonware and move on with his life. Why do people spend so much time on projects only to abandon them? That's a very common pattern in this community and it makes me very sad.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

Thumbs up +1

2019-03-05 18:54:05

Do you know what's the saddest of all? That he says, for him coding is fun but ewants money for it. If i were a programmer, and coding was fun to me, i wouldn't ask for money. I know, paying for a server is not easy, but many people create opensource games and they have no problem with it.

Thumbs up

2019-03-05 19:20:28

I think the thing for Mason is a feedback loop, coding is fun for him, but it is also an escape mechanism, but his escape mechanism is also a trigger for the things that make him need an escape mechanism in the first place.

At any rate, my point I feel is still in good standing, he makes a choice to be as he is each and every single day. If he wanted to fix it, he could start down that path. No, there is no way to do this quickly, but you also don't do what you know doesn't work. You switch tactics until you find something that does work. For me, I'm sad about it, but also somewhat OK with the decision, because really, how many people need to be sucked into his Charlotte's Web of drama, histrionics, attention seeking behavior, and lashing out. He's just not cut out for this, and maybe that would change some day if he ever admitted, and I mean really admitted he had issues and tried and worked to resolve them.

But at this point, we're just saying the same things over and over again. The discussion has dried up, except for people like Mahdi and Simter who revel in rekindling things that do not need to be rekindled.

End racism
End division
Become united

2019-03-05 19:48:23

as much as I feel the caution on Mahdi and Cimpter was... sorta?... unwaranted, iron is right, no point in rekindling.

----------

Thumbs up