2019-02-16 05:25:33

Hello. So I'm trying to play Super Mario Bros. Audio Edition, but I do not hear any sounds. Is this because I don't have the blastbay toolkit installed? I used 7zip to unzip, due to the file explorer not unzipping 7z files. Any help would be greatly ⠁⠏⠗⠑⠉⠊⠁⠞⠫⠖

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-16 11:07:47

Are you sure it extracted everything? The folder should, iirc, contain mario.exe, readme.txt, and a subfolder called mario. The mario subfolder should contain a bunch of wav and ogg files. If all of these are where they should be, try playing one, to be sure they unzipped correctly.
If none of this located the problem, I'm not sure what to suggest other than extracting again. If that doesn't work, I might could sendspace a zip version?

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-02-16 12:35:24

strange
you can use win rar

my new youtube channel. click subscribe if you like my stuff
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzL-l8 … YCkjOm3FIg

2019-02-16 17:32:15

I will try again, but I do see the subfolder, and the sounds do play. However, some of the files, like drop.wav, are not located in it.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-16 19:42:06

ware can I get that

I am a divine being. I can be called a primordial deity, but that might be pushing it, a smidge. I am the only one of my kind to have ten tails, with others having nine. I don't mean to sound arrogant, but I have ascended my own race.

2019-02-16 20:58:37

https://www.sendspace.com/file/2fy8b3

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2019-02-16 22:56:58

I got it to work, I just had novice windows user troubles.
Now the question: world 1-1. This thing is HARD. Maybe it's because of the amount of objects on screen, but I have yet to get past the second pit.
The one issue I have are the amount of pipes around. Are they Piranha Plants, or no? Also, it's difficult to hear the blocks above, and I almost got a power-up, but I couldn't track it. Ahh well, you gotta learn somehow, I guess.

A winner is you!
—Urban Champion

2019-02-17 03:43:36

Piranha plants make sound without you moving, so you can get the answer by waiting a couple seconds. You can also pause and check with the camera.
But as a general rule, no piranha plants in 1-1, but they do appear in just about every pipe after that.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.