2019-02-07 01:48:10

Oh, I wasn't disputing that colleges lock down their workstations. Fair or not, there are often good reasons for that. I was just trying to understand whether or not they actually knew enough about screen readers to enforce limits on their specific settings being changed. It seemed that one of the posts implied that, and I don't think that's information that should be spread if it's untrue.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-02-07 02:10:23

Being the one who spread that information, I believe i did say in the posts that it was usually some blind schools who enforced such restrictions. Typically if colleges have good disability centers you can advocate for, the thing about inability to record lectures is often ironically untrue as most will be happy to set that up as an accommodation for you, or some even have that listed as a direct accommodation you can arrange for.

2019-02-07 02:46:43

Nah, it was post 16 which brought this up first. I assumed she was at a college or university, I could be wrong about that though. In any case, no matter where it's happening, it is a very stupid restriction, not to mention potentially problematic as Jade pointed out.

The glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's just holding half the amount it can potentially hold.

2019-02-07 02:58:14

i'll admit that jaws speeking every key to me was annoying until I figured out how to disable it speeking the tab key, then it was fine, but I can very much see why it speeks the tab key by default. It's more useful than you think, especially for new computer users. Not having it at all is a bad idea.

proud to be a patreon of liam erven. Become a patreon today at patreon.com/liamerven