2019-01-24 04:17:30

Like i said you can just grab the demo, remove the program, then just uninstall the jaws.

2019-01-24 08:14:57

Odd. When I had mcAfee on this machine JAWS let me uninstall it with no problems. I didn't even have to use OCR. Are there different versions with varying levels of difficulty to uninstall or something?

2019-01-24 09:38:47

I seem to remember using C cleaner quite successfully at one stage to remove an inaccessible antivirus, which I got through forgetting to check an installer but I can't recall if that was Mcafee or Avast.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2019-01-25 14:24:33

hi there,
download geek uninstaller,
it is a portable app.
run sed app,
locate the McAfee app,
click force uninstall.
will rip the files, folders, reg items from your machine, works quite well.
do this in safe mode.

good luck,
Majid Hussain

2019-01-26 12:35:53

oh no no, these things are right... but no mcaffe or what you speak of is not the evilest antivirus. kaspersky is. it deletes everything you open, it's completely inaccessible and just when you think you're all good cuz you ask a sighted person to make an exclusion... guess what this thing does? monthly exclusion clear! or I dunno, but like every month or so the exclusion just clears and kaspersky deletes it all again. bgt is not it's only victim... beware kaspersky! note: if there is a way to make this accessible, please, please,  for the love of god, share it with me and other kaspersky victims. I'm tired of it stealing all my games.thanks!

2019-01-27 10:23:37

Hi.
i know this is getting off topic, but while post 30 mentioned Kasperski, I have to agree on that. I have to use it all the time, been using it for like 3 years now, and it's reeeeeeally annoying! Now my licence has expired so I don't have to worry about games being randomly uninstalled, but while it was active ,you turned your internet on? Boom! A bunch of BGT games, gone! ANd you can't exclude them either, not even with sighted assistance. They just come back right up!
But, even with the licence expired, this thing does one more annoying trick that drives me crazy! I try to open something normal, like Gold wave, or Team viewer, or something, and Kasperski intersepts it with a stupid alert window, causing the program I opened to hang. Apparently it's to stop unwanted activity like audio or video getting through,but all it really does is make everything a gamble if it's going to run or not.  You have to click allow on every single one of these windows every time. There's even a Don't ask me again checkbox, but it doesn't work!  And sometimes, very rarely, the alert window doesn't even show up on the screen with Alt Tab, making the program I just opened completely useless.
So yes, Kasperski is quite annoying.

2019-01-27 10:53:23

Safe mode is perfectly usable with NVDA now -- audio is available in safe mode for 1803 and later (I believe)> t might've been available in 1709. Just boot it up into safe mode, get sited assistance and remove the damn thing. Don't use force-uninstallers -- that's bound to leave... interesting... artifacts around.

"On two occasions I have been asked [by members of Parliament!]: 'Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out ?' I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."    — Charles Babbage.
My Github

2019-01-27 12:59:24

how does this uninstaller thing work anyway?