2019-01-26 14:18:12

Hi all, i want to try and use the bpc shared component dll in python. is there a way that i can get the functions of the dll through python so that i can see what to use where?
or is there a wrapper available for use in python around the dll?
thanks and best regards!

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-01-26 15:15:57

Hi,

thats not gonna get to work, as far as I know. Python doesn't have problems accessing dlls via ctypes, but the BPCSharedComponents.dll isn't a regular dll, but a .net class library instead, its therefore only accessible to .net framework programs like used in C# environments. There is IronPython out that, that allows you to use .Net from within Python, but I don't know if it also allows you to access .net dlls from within Python.
All the functionalities from within that dll should be usable from within Pythton using one way or another anyway, so there shouldn't be the need to use that one from Python.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-01-26 15:21:17

well all that i actually want to use this dll for is for windows and keyboard handling. i strugle with pygame and pyglit

best regards
never give up on what ever you are doing.

2019-01-26 16:02:59

There is no need to use this dll for doing such easy things, pygame or pyglet will just have you covered in a more native way. I'd suggest that you check out some tutorials on the net to get you started. I don't know alot about pyglet, but pygame works just fine for me regarding this topic.
Best Regards.
Hijacker

2019-01-26 20:20:38

hi,
you can use it in python
install pythonnet with

pip install pythonnet

then import clr, and then import the .net module like how you import other python modules.