2019-01-22 02:29:05

My daughter and I are big Battle Angel Alita fans. For a long time I've had an interest in doing a novelization of the series. I was never able to make contact with the author to get permission though. Once we heard the film was coming out we were inspired and decided to do a "fan novelization". We novelized the first issue of the manga and posted it to the forum where the fan translations are done. People thought it was OK, but that we'd be better off doing a fan translation of the novel brought out in Japan, which had never been translated into English. And then it was announced that there was going to be an official novelization of the movie when it came out. So we didn't go any further with it.

But I thought I'd post the novelization of the first chapter here. It's in HTML but it's very plain and should pose no problem for a screen reader. It's very faithful to the manga so, if nothing else, you can read it and engage in the long honored tradition of complaining once the movie is out about how it isn't as good as the original manga. Ha ha.

http://www.ocean-of-storms.com/vote4joe … lAlita.htm

Cheers,
Jo