2019-01-16 22:23:08 (edited by marko 2019-01-16 22:25:22)

I have couple questions: How to add screenreader support in bgt? How to add options that will change in bgt? For example, if i would like to turn of check updaster at startup, how do i do an option that will change? And the third: Must all the if(key_pressed(whateverkey)) keys be in capitals?
For example, i want that when the player wants to check the points , and  the player does it when the player presses s?
And the last one: How do add a feature which checks for updates?

Best regards: Marco

2019-01-17 08:03:14 (edited by ivan_soto 2019-01-17 08:04:20)

Answering as many questions as I can here.

1: You want to add screen reader support?
You can use DFSpeech, a class written by Mason Armstrong or you can use the screen_reader_is_running function and write your own function to check.
How to change options like checking for updates? You need to write some menu or whatever. This is what I would do though.

if(checkforupdates==1)
{
checkforupdates=0;
}
else
checkforupdates=1;
speak("Checking for updates on startup "+(checkforupdates==1?"enabled","disabled"));

You want to make an updater class? You need to have some sort of HTTP server, and write a script that will get the version and compare it to a string stored in the code.
I hope this post helps.

Ivan M. Soto.
Feel free to check out my work and services.
http://ims-productions.com

2019-01-18 02:00:47

no no, you simply need a web server, a file on it with a version such as 1.2, and then convert that to a string to number using the string_to_number() function. then you need to either tell the players its out of dateor up to date or failed to check, depending on whether  the version double of the player's program is less than, equal to, or greater than that of the latest versoin double which we got from our string to number.
hope this helps!