2018-12-02 17:23:32

Okay as its that time of year I thought it might be fun to have a chin wag about what seasonal bonuses are around in various online and offline games.

I had the idea for this when Silver dollar presented me with a honky tonk version of jingle bells, plus christmas whoopass as opposed to the regular version.

There is of course lots of stuff going on in alteraeon as I see (I logged in today for my advent gift), and hopefully I'll get back to the game to participate in some of that (I enjoyed the demons of spite last year, though goodness knows how the game has changed since then).

Anyone else got some favourite xmas or other seasonal stuff happening in games at the second?

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-12-03 10:22:09

I remember last year, CyberAssault had elves going insane.
They were running around, cussing you out, and I think if you killed them, you got presents.
I don't know if maybe the game devs were playing the elf characters, but it was hilarious.

2018-12-03 19:16:32

You probabbly already know that one, but Judgement Day has an achievement for launching it on the 24th of december.
And I think just about all MUDs and browser games have some Kind of Christmas Event.

Greetings and happy gaming, Julian

If you say you never lie, you're a liar.
Oh, and #freeGCW

2018-12-03 21:14:44

24th? Well that’s new, thaught there was only one for the 25th.
Btw, super egg hunt also has an achievement for launching it on christmas day.