2018-11-24 04:22:07

Hey guys, so I watched the guides on www.blackscreengaming.com and thought I'd give core exiles a try.
Only, I can't get the stupid tabs to work.
Before you ask, yes I did look at the guide under screen reader, yes I have it set to compatability mode, unless I'm doing something wrong, but the website is there when I go to compatibility mode.
But when I hit enter on it, or even now the right click button, nothing happens.
I know I'm on the latest IE, but am on jaws 14. Would it help if I upgraded my jaws?
I can, I just have not as of yet, but I don't want to go through the pain of upgrading it, if it's not going to help at all.
I ran the site with no add ons, as suggested on the black screen gaming website. It's still not working.
Any insite in to this would be seriously appreciated.
Thanks!!!

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-11-24 06:12:50

Hi,
If you would be willing to try a different browser, I would suggest you try it with firefox, at least there you don't need to fiddle around with no addons, compatibility views and so on. just launch the game and you are good to go.
as long as you have the VI mode enabled, of course.
Core exiles has the coops 10th challenge going on, so its good to have you back. smile
Any more questions and things, feel free to ask.
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2018-11-24 10:30:57

hey so!!!
I can't use firefox. my jaws is a bit older so firefox won't run properly unless I'm using the latest version. Which... I do not have.
Before you ask, I thought it might be my jaws version but it isn't. I got jaws2018 today and ran it in demo mode for laughs and giggles.
Same sort of behavior.
I'm also noticing some other differences too.
So in combat, it won't give me my actual or current threat levels. In the table, it literally just says, actual and current, but there are no values there.
I've seen the tutorials on bsg, and his seems to do it under the view button, but mine doesn't. it just says "view button."
Any other suggestions would be so unbelievably helpful.
I'm even willing to pm you my Skype info so you can see my screen if that'd help. Just because I do want to play this game on the side, and I'm being blocked every which way.
Thanks a lot.

"Hope is the thing with feathers that perches with in the soul, that sings the tune without the words and never stops at all."
Emily Dickenson

2018-11-24 11:43:10

I dont understand why you are using this old crap like jaws.
Try using nvda it is much better than jaws, I know that this game works with nvda and chrome pretty well.

2018-11-24 12:58:41

Hello,
I'm a player of CE. I play CE with chrome and NVDA, that's the best for me. Internet explorer have problems like you can't open the tabs easily and so on. Try chrome. I'm always ready to help if you want to know something else.

Best regards
Pranam
Don't forget to give me a thumbs up!

2018-11-24 16:12:56

Right so I have NVDA, but I much prefer to use jaws.
It's my primary screen reader and usually I play games while doing other things.
So if there's a way to play it with jaws, (which I know there is) then I really want to explore that option.
That and a lot of the navigation tricks I know for the page, I know with jaws.
So if anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it.

Emily Dickenson

2018-11-26 01:13:34

Hi

@silvermoon

go for the combination jaws and chrome. That's the setup i use when playing ce. I personally don't have good experiences with the combination nvda and chrome, but that's another subject.

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-11-28 20:39:06

Hi,
I haven't managed to figure out IE and CE tabs myself so rather unfortunately I won't be of much help there. Its a shame though, since IE used to be pretty good with CE but no tab access just sucks.
However, the same as you I am using an older version of jaws which means that firefox's latest version won't work. some people seem to have managed that but I seriously have no clue what's their secret tongue
its a little tricky, but here's something you can do.
Download any version of firefox say 55 56?  portable or otherwise, keep the setup around, you will need it again.
Run it, and there is a good chance that it will try to upgrade when you run it, or do it the next time you start it after closing it down. however what you want to do is make sure in this first instence is to disable automatic updates, and to only update after either taking permition from you or not update at all, whatever suits you.
The next time you start firefox, it will probably have upgraded updated itself to the latest version, all is not lost, not yet anyway. run the setup again, yes this is the reason I told you to keep the setup around smile and it will remember your update settings this time round and won't update itself again.
Rather too much to do for a game, but since firefox was my primary browser, still is, But obviously I can't aford the latest version and that too just because! it supports the latest version of the browser I use lol.
I have crome installed for some tricky situations on my pc, I.E google meetings and so on, but I don't think I would want to play on it or do much else on it considering how difficult it appears whilst using it for small durations.
I will admit though this  could be just me not understanding crome as well, and lack of announcements or indication of it loading a page etc that could be putting me off. so I would welcome any and all the tips suggestions you guys may have about crome here smile

The Huge OT aside, Core exiles coops 10th challenge is running to its end this weekend, and the players have out done themselves highly with almost 50 stages (with 3 more on their way) out of 54 stages completed!
Silvermoon, if my instructions don't help you much or you have issues, do reply I don't use skype much nowadays but I am sure we could figure something out.
hth.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-11-28 23:33:57

Hi

If you really want to use internet explorer then you should add the core-exiles website to the compability options of internet explorer. To do this, do the following:

1. Open internet explorer
2. go to core-exiles.com
3. Hit the alt button and navigate with the right arrow to the tools tab, press down once.
4. Navigate downward to something with compability in it.
5. Use the tab button and find the add to compability mode or something like this.
6. Use the tab button to navigate to the close button and hit the enter button.
7. close internet explorer.
8. Open internet explorer again and start playing the game, a small hint will follow

Hint, when you have added core-exiles to the compability mode, make sure your screen is maximized, when tabs don't open when it is added to the compability mode, just hit Alt + Space and navigate downward to the maximize option, hit enter. Tabs should open just fine now.
This are my experiences with jaws and Internet explorer, i honestly don't know if this will work as fine with nvda.

hth

Greetz mike

Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:

2018-11-29 05:44:32

Hi,
pelantas
I actually have done everything suggested but still no dice, is it really working for you? something must be up at my end.
Silvermoon, I forgot to address your question about the combat threat rating yesterday as I wrote that up when I was half asleep big_smile
first open whatever browser you are using to play core exiles at this point, ff or crome or IE what you will lol insert f2 to open jaws dialogue, open up the settings center from there (I believe jaws 14 15 have that too) type button and make sure for a button, has the speak alt text setting selected.
hth.
grryf.

Follow me on twitter

2018-11-29 19:39:32

Hi

@gryff

I am using internet explorer 11 and jaws 17, i don't know what your version is older then jaws 17, probably that's the answer …

Greetz mike

2018-11-30 16:20:53

Hi mike,
no, its jaws 18, whatever version of IE comes with win10 and whatever it upgrades to lol.
wierd though, I'll try redoing the dam thing.
Grryf

Follow me on twitter

2018-12-01 10:01:23

Hi

Yeah, it should work with jaws 18 and internet explorer on win 10, cause Internet explorer on win 10 should be 11 be default ... Strange

Greetz mike