2018-05-27 18:21:47

lol, so i'm starting some ideas on a game, but one of my biggest problems is, i can't fuckin program. Lol, so currently i'm just writing down ideas, and getting all the sounds set up, but that's the best i can do. I'll give you some of my ideas below.
The game is gonna be called rain of death, it's gonna be an fps/exploration game. you will be able to make your own versions of it, just like sbrw, and any other game with an unincrypted sounds folder
you can also create your own maps, enemies, weapons, and almost anything elsse you want.
If anyone would like to help me program, or test this, please contact me via one of the following, skype is preffered:
email: [email protected]
have a good day!
note: i could also use some sounds for the game, sence i don't have much to work with right now!

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“You don’t tell me how to behave; you’re not my mother!”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-05-27 18:34:49

I'm sorry, but it sounds like you want someone to build the game of your dreams, and contribute sounds as well? I mean, devs generally don't do that since they could just make their own games, I mean, they would, if you paid them enough.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-27 19:31:41

hahhahahaha, all i'm really asking for is for someone to help me with coding, maybe teach me a little.

----------
“Yes, sir. I am attempting to fill a silent moment with non-relevant conversation.”
“Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.” – Data (Star Trek: The Next Generation)

2018-05-27 19:52:01

hello, I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but if you're just learning how to code you shouldn't start with something as large as you imagine this to be. If you're going to learn to program games, start with something small, and make a lot of those small games until you get the hang of all the concepts first. That way you can work your way up to this game gradually.

I used to be a knee like you, then I took an adventurer in the arrow.

2018-05-27 21:37:12

You can find a lot of sounds on YouTube. An audio drama I made once I needed a Guitar Center ambiance noise and I found it there. Sounds are the easy part learning to program or finding programmers will be the hard part. Good luck.

Kingdom of Loathing name JB77

2018-05-27 21:37:24

oh dear. another dreamer who thinks having a bunch of sounds means you are 90% there when you're not even 1% and that's the easy bit.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2018-05-27 23:22:40

post 6, completely agreed.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2018-05-27 23:48:48

no no, i know i'm barely anywhere, but at least i'm doing work on it, i'm also writing shit down about the game, and it's mechanics. and all kinds of shit to get ready for wen i am able to program it.

----------

2018-05-27 23:56:44

A better place to post this might have been in the developer section, its also possible you could find someone to team up with, but many developers often have their own projects to contend with, its going to be up to you as this projects greatest champion to help bring it to reality. This isn't to say that you won't find any help however, if you have any questions you can usually just pop over and ask someone in the dev section, there's usually an assortment of dev's there who can offer examples, code, or links to resources if required.

Having a larger project like this in mind can be quite useful actually, for learning purposes. A good thing to do is to break your larger goal into smaller projects, like a small minigame to figure out how to do collision, another small game for AI, etc. Then folding what you learn from each of those projects into your larger goal as you go. The first step though will be to pick your tools, and depending on who you ask you'll get a dozen different answers for whats "best", heh. For what its worth I would recommend [Python], having a fairly clean syntax, lots of documentation and libraries around. For sounds, you could also check out the [Big List of Free Sounds].

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2018-05-28 09:53:35

i once had a dream like that in the shower but the best thing i could and can make is guess the number big_smile

2018-05-28 14:25:14

hi fox
what Programming Language are you working on Learning?
best regards

me and a friend of mine have made a youtube channel where we upload beats that we make. If you want to check it out, you can find it at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCD0CxF … PFlCqjOtOA

2018-05-28 19:22:10

i'm working on python, using learnpythongthehardway.org

----------

2018-05-30 14:54:00 (edited by JoWier 2018-05-30 14:57:27)

Guys no offense but, why do we have to be harsh to every one to give our feedbacks these days. I've seen this often for example here, yes fox isn't anywhere if he just takes a short in the dark in mid air without planning his stratogy out, but there are better ways to explain him that aren't there? i've honestly have such dreems often too but a lot of friends helped me to learn before starting to dreem. Every one has ideas. there's nothing wrong about it. We mean to advise him dont we? well the way you guys are giving responces is seeming as if you're discouraging him. telling  a newbie that you've have dreems like that before but couln't achieve success isn't a very pleasant way to express your views now is it? Every one fails. its the part of success.i know i'm being a little harsh myself but, guys just look at what you've written. If edison's mother   told him that yes you're out of school you can't do nothing now. Could he have done what he did? just think oaver it. Guys insted of critisizing, some one at least provide some help if you can. Now i would like to quote some one i dont remember. "If you can't help some one, at least dont harm them" regards aarush. :d

Abay chal.

2018-05-30 19:25:42

@Aarush, i’m sure they weren’t meaning to be insulting. In fact I think they made some quite valid points. In this instance, I think telling him to aim low and work his way upward was a good thing to do. I know I wasn’t trying to create the world’s best program when I made my first program. Lmao.

2018-05-30 20:07:15

when did i say they were insulting dude i  just ment to tell them to uh, change a way to their reaction like, tell him in a way that he doesn't feel discouraged, but still gets the point insted of being so negative.

Abay chal.

2018-05-30 20:43:48

Well most of what you do at first is complete shit, so you scrap it, learn from it, rewrite it in a way to be less shitty, and maybe you do it over again even one more time, then you release. When you first start out, this is what people do not do, they seem to not take any pride in their work, and pride means not releasing a pile of goat feces onto the community. Now, I'm not saying that is what this guy is going or intending to do, I'm just saying in general, it is common to see this. It's not about programming only either. People who make music, their first beats are usually terrible, unless they don't release them and what you finally see is several iterations of an idea. But given time, they start making better and better tracks, until finally, they can look back and even be impressed with their own self. It's hard being impressed with one of your accomplishments, I almost never am. But one or two times in my life, I've looked back and have been like, I did good with this. I just implore potential developers to really put their game through the wringer so we have good games that actually work reasonably well. I know its temping as soon as you have something that actually is playable, to just put it out there, but its a better strategy to make it as good and as bug free as you can. It's about learning and applying what you've learned.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-05-31 22:01:22

and that's what i'm trying to do.

----------