2018-05-24 18:38:44

Hi all,
As it's been a while since I played around with any older interactive fiction titles, I've been trying to get winglulx set up to work with nvda.
I've found the winglulx nvda addon, however the text doesn't seem to scroll propperly, meaning that old text is often read.
Searching around, I see mention of turning on fast scroll. Anyone know where this option can be found, as I for one can't find it?
Thanks,

Daniel

2018-05-25 06:03:27

No offence to Oriol, but I personally would recommend  Knick stocton's Interactive fiction interpreter addon over Oriol's Winglulx one. You can find it here

It supports multiple programs  interpreters including Wingit, Winglulx and Winfrotz, and works rather more efficiently than the Winglulx addon since it doesn't run into that problem of reading back text you mention.

Hth.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2018-05-25 09:05:08

Thanks dark, not sure how I hadn't come across that one while searching.

Daniel

2018-05-25 11:43:12

hmm... I still don't get it, NVDA still not read the text automaticly after I install the addon, same goes to frotz too

2018-05-25 12:09:11

In Windows Frotz open the game from the interpreter.
In the other interpreters NVDA should read the text automatically.

2018-05-29 01:58:12

hahaha I got it!, I just have to turn on report dynamic content changes

2018-05-29 10:15:19

Oh yeah that would rather help big_smile.

NVDA 5 is the key combo to toggle that setting, though I actually wonder sometimes why anyone would turn it off.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)