2018-01-24 01:03:04

Hello,

I am writing because I am planning to buy GTA 5 very soon.  However, I have been wondering for a while, is there a way to get it from steam for Windows?  You see, last time I checked steam, I had seen that the store was not very accessible for those who wanted to buy  games, and I wanted to know how I could do that and how the steam app would work on Windows and how I could buy, and launch my  games.  Also,  I had also been wondering, can I also get  it through a CD for the PC and get the mods to make it aceessible?  That is the  main reason that I am getting  it on steam, but I wanted to know if the same thing could be done if I got it  through a  CD format?

Thanks for your help.

Shinobi

Hi there, if you wanna find me on twitch, you can do so at Twitch.tv/LeonianUniverse and on YouTube at the same channel name. I stream Hearthstone and other games and love to chat with people, so if you like my content, feel free to subscribe or follow me.

2018-01-24 04:12:00

There aren't any mods as far as I know. GTA is not accessible and yeah. BTW GTA V on CD? no no. big_smile

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2018-01-24 04:41:56 (edited by GrannyCheeseWheel 2018-01-24 04:43:49)

Actually, that last post was completely false. You can get it here. Aside from that, there are hundreds of mods to play with. While it isn't what you'd call in an accessible state, there are blind GTAV players, even though the community is rather small. You will want to check your system requirements, because even though the game is a few years old, its always being updated, and even though you won't use them, your computer must meet the minimums or things will be very jittery and shaky, if the game even runs at all. I will also warn you that it will take patience to get the mods installed. I also don't know how well the new script hook will go in if its not through Steam, as Steam keeps the game up to date, and the script hook will not run if the game is out of date.

Also, here are some tricks to get Steam in more of a usable state. When purchasing any games, do  it from the steam website http://www.steampowered.com, not from the client.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united