2018-01-21 22:50:32

Cootos, danang, for being a man and asking for it legally.  It takes humility to do what you did and ask for something like that when monthly I see threads posted here that menschen somethinga bout entitled blindies.  Even with that stigma, you still said you wanted the game and asked for a legal coppy at someone else's expense.  IT takes being able to swallow your pride -- I'd never have been able to ask on the forum for a game.  Truth be told, in my teenage years, I'd have tried to crack it.  So, I really commend everyone involved here for not getting after Danang, and Brad, for throwing him the game for no other reason than he could.  Unless those two are friends, then, well, Danang, you've got a good bro.

2018-01-21 23:07:29

Brad has commited his fair share of generous acts out here on the forum; I speak from personal experience.  He's one of the most admirable where that's concerned, which is part of the reason Nightshade and I are undertaking the contest we posted in hopes of benefiting others.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-22 03:20:55

Hello.

@SplendidFault.

All you'd have to do is email me.

I ask for the email address so that I can pay the website then they send you the game.

If you feel like you must pay me back in some way, all I ask is that you enjoy the game or if you find the game isn't for you, put some comedy on or something and laugh.

Truely, happyness is all I ask for. As someone who suffers from depression and anxiety knowing I can make someones day by buying them a game is great!

If it makes you feel any better, I get disability money monthly so would get it back in a month.

I'm gone for real :)

2018-01-22 09:34:37

@brad #28: If you're not awesome, then who is? I truly appreciate what you are doing now and will e-mail you in a moment, which is normally what I was  not planning for. Your kindness is not something that can be easily paid back. I will definitely not forget this for the rest of my life. Should you need a hand, please feel free to contact me at any time and I'll try my best to get back to you.
Thanks a billion, for you are being one of the best persons I have met.
~SplendidFault

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2018-01-22 10:28:26

Hello.

I'd just  like to remind everyone to update their version of A heros' call.

If you download the game from the link that is given in the email, you should have the latest version but in my oppinion it's better to press enter on the updater just in case.

@SplendiddFault I hope you enjoy the game.

2018-01-22 11:29:04 (edited by SplendidFault 2018-01-22 11:30:18)

@brad #30: I definitely will. smile
A quick check here: How long does it take the e-mail with the link to arrive to the recipient? I didn't get it yet...

Standing by the window, eyes upon the moon,
Hoping that the memory will leave her spirit soon.

2018-01-22 11:37:39

Hello.

@SplendidFault.

I'm not sure how long it takes.

I backed a heros call on kick starter and they were having a little bit of an issue with that side of things.

I got the game in about 4 or so hours after it was released.

I'd recommend waiting for a day or two and then if you don't have it by then, email Joseph at [email protected]

2018-01-22 13:12:08

Hello,
I was one of the people who encouraged others to ask for help with purchasing the game, instead of cracking..
I have an honest question for you guys.. Why are some people hating on people who ask for the game? I myself have asked for it only because I wasn't able to purchase the game by myself.
I'm really curious.. The auternative to asking someone helce would be to crack and we all know that thats simply not a good thing.

2018-01-22 14:36:03

@33, we're trying to change that mindset.  that's why our little ongoing contest exists.  either way, if you have any suggestions on how we can help, please do let us know.

When life gives you oranges, demand lemons since everyone else is obviously getting them.

2018-01-22 14:50:40

We should not be discouraging people from putting themselves out there and asking. And if/when they do, we should be trying to respond with understanding, if not compassion.

That said, I mark a difference between the following two scenarios.

1. I really need the game could someone buy it for me plz
2. I live in a country where I can't use paypal but I really want to play this game. I'd really appreciate it if there's anyone out there who could get in touch if they're willing to help me out.

I don't like it when people seem excessively grabby, or when they frame wants as needs. But I do prefer even the grabby sort of requests to cracking, as I've made abundantly clear elsewhere.

The original poster should not in any way have been berated for his decision to ask for AHC. He was quite polite, and as it turned out, someone with more expendable means than I have was able to help out. And that's awesome.

One slightly overlooked fact in this is that the game is twenty bucks. Twenty bucks for a game that's reasonably deep and offers anywhere from ten to forty hours of gameplay for a single playthrough, and has a few different options if you want to replay. That's virtually unheard of in this market, and greatly informs my own thinking when it comes time to price my own effort. That won't be for a bit yet, and I can't promise it'll be twenty bucks, but it won't be much higher, that much I can say.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2018-01-22 16:02:28

Everyone has the right to have their respective views on this, and I will not criticize anyone.
I just hope that someday there will be a way for people who live in a developing country like us to get the game legally, and at the same time appreciate the developers with the price they deserve.
Thanks to Danang who dared to make this post, and again thanks to Brad who has inspired with his kindness.
Thank you also to those who have shown their good attitude by respecting each other.

Enjoy all that the Lord has given in your life, and share with as many people as possible.

2018-01-22 16:11:19

Like in post 29, Brad and others can contact me if you need a hand of help or something, alot of people from here helped me with alot of things, so, fell free to contact me with any help, exception the money to buy games to you, cause this is a thing I can not do.
smile Howp you are well.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2018-01-22 19:02:57

Am thinking about broaching this subject with the rest of the moderation panel, but methinks there should be a rule concerning this issue.  While I'm of a mind that you should be able to freely state your oppinion and the like, there are some things that are far from constructive, and posts 4, 5 and 6 concern me a bit.  That having been said, I'm exceptionally appreciative of those of you who stood up for danang137 and his question; I believe he did the right thing and deserves to be noticed for it.
thoughts?  Is this necessary?  am I going overboard?

2018-01-22 19:10:38

@nocturnus I believe its necessary, Nocturnus. Negative answers to a post like this one can really make the person who asks lose their motivation.. Hell, if I had goten such repplies when I asked for help with AHC, you can bet I wouldn't have asked for any other games, ever again.

2018-01-22 19:11:22

I hesitate to suggest that this should be a punishable offense, but I do believe it should be discouraged.

We should not be telling people not to ask for a game if their circumstances are extenuating (i.e., they want to play and would happily do so legally but are unable due to restriction of some kind which they can't circumnavigate). We should be suggesting that they do so with courtesy, because Bookrage has a point in that most people don't take particularly kindly to some random stranger coming up and asking for handouts. This puts people's guard up by default, and I understand why.

As such, I think there should be a little bit of protocol on both sides.

Someone requesting something should be polite, should not be spammy (i.e., put your request out there and then leave it at that), and should not frame wants as needs.
Someone responding is free to say they aren't comfortable gifting a stranger that way, but should not be telling said stranger not to ask in the first place.

I do not think this is a huge, huge deal, but it might warrant a look. Offenses from either side of this would strike me as relatively small, unless personal attacks came into it (4, 5 and 6 did not do this). The sort of thing you might be warned for, but the warning would not actually do anything dangerous or put you on any sort of bad list unless you were a repeat offender.

2018-01-22 19:40:17

Fair assessment and precisely what I was looking for.  This is why throughout the contest Nightshade and I are hosting, which is now actually an audiogames.net staff concerted effort, we have told people to be as honest as they feel they can possibly be.  while we're not rewarding honesty right now, we may reward it in future.  I'm of a mind that I'd rather you tell me why you truthfully don't want to pay for a game if you seriously want to play it, than you giving me some horse about how you dont' have enough money this month because x y z.

2018-01-22 23:41:45 (edited by defender 2018-01-22 23:46:48)

Agreed completely with posts 35 and 40.
I think part of the problem was that Danang didn't give much actual background, partly because of the language barrier I assume, where as Caio for instance, did and also made his views on cracking clear.
Someone more engaging is more likely to get what they want, and that's not always fare, but it is the way it is.
Honest ignorance, like from post 6 should not be punished, maybe post 4 would be worth a warning but, still, it's just personal opinion, though yeah, the childish and rude comment is a bit much, the guy didn't deserve that because he wasn't acting that way, Bookrage read too far into it, plain and simple.

Still, I wouldn't want to buy the game for half the people asking either, because a significant amount of them are assholes on any multiplayer game they can find (almost always do to having shitty lives, to be fare) and are only asking because AHC is harder to crack.
You can't know what someone's true motive is either way, but again, at least Caio and Splendid fault were pretty convincing.
Obviously, an absents of proof should not be considered guilt, but hey, your working against human psychology here...
I feel like Brad would pretty much buy it for anyone, because he's using it as a crutch for his depression (no offense Brad, I've been their too) though of course it could lead to him being a really great person after the depression too so what ever.
It's a net positive for Joseph either way, as well.

Cynicism aside though, the decent people (ones that take their situation in stride, which I probably couldn't do my self) deserve it 110%, and much more besides!

2018-01-23 00:29:25 (edited by revan 2018-01-23 00:32:06)

hi,
some countries restricted,  you cannot use paypal stuff
you can try it will give warning
you can try ask the people to buy,  but you will get sometimes attacks
or flame wars
this leads for you bad reputation in community,  or childish comments
after you cannot answer for them
cause you don't have to say anything
just get upset,  stay away
this is not helpful at all
I will tell something here,  nothing wrong,  this is not for all people
friends knowing you,  and you are close friendship with them,  but if you ask,  they will say how do you purchased expensive mobile phones,  or expensive laptops?
remember this message when posted before in forum?
what's the solution for this?
if people doesn't knowing you then you what can do about?
joseph didn't put the other payment system in his game,  how the people will buy for themselves
i think he can add direct pay method, or webmoney
last,  thanks the volunteers,  whoever getting for them the game free.  and brad
that's why audiogames folks like a rock community!
everyone i bet proud with that,  including myself
best regards

2018-01-23 05:14:31

Hello.

@defender.

Depression for me doesn't go away. Having said that, I do have a lot of good days, buying A heros' call makes me happy because it allows me to make others happy.

I use comedy and harry potter and youtube videos et cetra to help with my depression. sometimes it works other times not, but I'm just  a helpful person in general and enjoy making people happy.

2018-01-23 06:44:17 (edited by defender 2018-01-23 06:50:01)

Oh, your manic then? I wasn't...
That sucks man, sorry to hear.
It's really cool how positively you deal with it though, helping your self while helping others, a good example of how to make the best out of a bad situation.
I hope if I ever have a chronic illness that I can be less selfish too, quite a few people with them seem to be unusually kind towards others. I guess they just see how fleeting happyness can be for them, and want to give people what they are lacking.
Sorry if I sounded like I was putting you down by saying it was a crutch, I didn't mean it in a bad way, probably should have worded it better.
I was trying to point out how most people wouldn't just up and buy it for a person if they asked like you did, they'd need something more first, but since this is kind of your lifestyle, I'm not going to shit all over it.

Your a good guy dude, and I hope you start getting more of what you give.

2018-01-23 10:28:15

Hello.

@defender.

Oh it's not a problem. I wasn't afended at all.

I'm not sure if I'm manic as I've not been tested but I do tend to think a lot and a lot of those thoughts can be negative. Then the thoughts in my head get bigger and bigger and my past doesn't help.

I also have anxiety. That's fun to deel with.

But as I say, I have a lot of good days and try to do the best I can.

2018-01-23 17:16:42

A very, very loose benchmark to know whether you might be manic.
Bear in mind, I'm studying social work, have a psychology background and have known and read a lot about this, but am not an expert. Do not, absolutely do not, take my findings as diagnosis.
But here goes.
If you catch yourself going through periods of super-high energy, the kind of thing where you stay up for thirty hours straight, that's a warning sign, particularly if you spend a lot of that time being very active and thinking a lot. Not necessarily thinking bad things, just thinking in general. Another hallmark of that symptom is impulsiveness, usually with regard to taking on responsibilities or whatnot.
You can do both of these things and not be manic, and you can not do either of these things and be manic. Basically, though, it's a pretty good indication in my experience. If you're the sort who goes through periods where you're super-busy, maybe anxious, where you don't want to sit still or don't want to settlg down, when sleep is difficult and ideas buzz through your head a mile a minute...that sounds like a nod in the direction of manic behaviour to me.

And we've gotten so, so off-topic. lol

2018-01-23 19:06:08

Hello.

@jade. I tend to think a lot. I believe it's because I have nothing to do.

I can't get out much, it's cold and my rists are playing up, (I have a bad amune system and believe I might have Raynaud's disease but haven't been tested because of a fear of needles.) My rists hurt a lot in the winter and sometimes my feet too. Although it's mostly my rists.

I use the laptop so much that it has become boring, oh there's some interesting stuff on the internet but mostly I'm bored going from day to day.

As I said, I have my good days but now it's cold, they're mostly boring.