2017-12-24 20:09:30 (edited by icemaster 2017-12-24 20:24:37)

Hello. I'm posting this topic here in the general  game discussion and making one post about two games because the theme of those game is quite similar.  The theme of them both is about their character usually starting out as a man and being turned into a woman through some mishaps or because of their treatment of women.
1. Newlife by Splendid Ostrich. This UK based developer has made a perfectly accessible java game about a a character having to start a new life. Either being turned into a woman through a failed scientific experiment or just having to excape some thugs as a woman, the character starts a year full of adventures of mostly relationships, that include a good amount of sex, of course if you choose to go for it. There is no Non consent acts in the game and the developer has said there won't be, so people sensitive to such things can play the game in peace. The game is mostly free, but patrion backers can get access to versions one release earlier then anyone else and also to a cheat mode. to which I don't have access yet so I don't know what it gives. So far i've noticed the game to be perfectly playable with screen reader, this being possibly due to the fact that there aren't any pictures in there, but mostly text and a remarkably well functioning java interface. Anyway, give it a try and tell me what you think. The adress is as:
splendidostrich.blogspot.com
2. Cursed. This game by Anonymous Man is topically rather similar, but inclines somewhat more towards the Fenoxo style transformation theme. It even takes the name of the bar in the game from Fenoxo, who makes such games as Corruption of Champions and Trials in Tainted Space. Cursed is based around the life of a man who gets turned into a woman because of their treament of women. As the character lives by the moto Fuck them and forget them, someone apparently considers it to be a fitting punishment and turns the chap into a girl. She has to get a job and start a completely new life and if things go bad, she might herself get fucked and forgotten. The game however uses a system called Rags Game designer, which is mostly accessible at least in the context of this game, but I was able to navigate around it better with Jaws than with NVDA. Some scenes are outright inaccessible with NVDA, so I'd rather have Newlife included in the database than cursed. If Anonymous desides to come back to add a shortcut to the backdoor in the bar scene, then it might be even fully playable. One more thing. The rags game engine is prone to getting awefully slow occasionally, in this game's context, when one needs to push the click here to continue button. For those who would give it a try, the address of the game is:
http://anonymousmangames.blogspot.com/
And the rags game engine can be downloaded from here:
http://www.ragsgame.com/downloads/RagsSetup.2.4.16.zip
I'm linking this setup here directly so that there won't be any confusions concerning it.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2017-12-24 21:41:59

How do you follow the woman out the door? You know, the woman who eventually turns you, basically? I'm talking about Cursed. There are a lot of other Rags games out there.

2017-12-25 01:35:59

Hi. I've been looking into it myself. Apparently there should be a way to export the games as html, but I think anon wouldn't be too happy for that.

Languages don't influence the way we think, but they still have a world and worth in themselves. Celebrate your mother tongue, the world is a diverse place.

2017-12-28 18:53:39

But should you come across a solution to that thing, then give me a note here, because in cursed, there are three floors in the mall and if the solution is found, we can access them all.