2017-12-27 22:10:06

I was told this was playable. I asked for it for christmas. I got it, and i'm sitting here now wondering how the hell you play this damn game? It doesn't seem the slightest bit accessible. What the hell does the pda even do? I thought it turned you in the right irection, but doesn't seem to. Pressing left bumper just plays a weird sound but nothing else really happens. Can somebody make a recording and explain this crap to me? I'm getting really frusterated. I have it for xbox 360. The other recordings i've heard just seemed to be game play witch doesn't help because there's no explanation of what the hell is going on. I really need help with this, I thought it was playable and I really wanna play it.

I am the blind jedi, I use the force to see. I am the only blind jedi.

2017-12-28 03:19:38

First, I would always advise you to get demos of the game before purchasing them. Being playable for some does not mean it is playable for others. Now depending on if you got it for pc or not, there are parts that might not be doable for you. You can search for the previous topic on this game where Mr. Brunete and I are talking about it. Now, to use the PDA, you hold the left bumper and then move north. You will most likely always go in the right direction by doing that. I wish I could help more than that but last time I played this was a while ago. If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do what I can.

2017-12-28 05:12:33

Can you run while doing that? I did not know you had to hold it before but managed to some how get as far as that tower thing at the beginning of leon's campaign before being killed by an explosion. I am now stuck at that explosion and can not get passed. Any advice? Also i got it as a christmas present so no chance to get the demo really.

2017-12-28 05:31:48

What about the tutorial at the beginning? There's no pda there so getting to the checkpoints is hard. Any way to do that without help, or to skip the totorial? I had to get help moving from place to place but there doesn't seem to be a skip tutorial option anywhere.

2017-12-28 05:35:19

You get the PDA midway through that tutorial. You get it out of the van, the same one you get the medkit out of.

I found the quicktime event hard to do at the end of that tutorial where you have to run to the chopper. I have it for PS3 and had to redo it. I have no idea why they made an Xbox one edition, I don't think I'll re-buy it.

2017-12-28 06:51:06

I found the tutorial hard without the pda, how do you do it? Also i got to the part where you are going to the tower place but after we fight the zombies there's explosion and leon says run but i can't get away how do i pass that? I am also playing on xbox 360 not 1, why did they make a version for 1 i thought 360 games were also playable on 1?

2017-12-28 06:55:13

I always find it interesting when people are told a game is accessible but then there's no guidance on how much or how to use it. I recently bought final fantasy 13 because I read on the forum it was playable. I've thrown NVDA at it and jaws using OCR, doesn't read any of the menus. I wonder if sometimes some of these games are playable on consols but not windows and if so, people should say that.

Who's that trip trapping over My bridge? Come find out.

2017-12-28 09:03:39

I agree, also if you've found out that a certain game is accessible, you shouldpost a guide on how you got it working and things like that.

2017-12-28 18:50:58 (edited by seb 2017-12-28 18:51:26)

As much as I want to agree with that, writing guides takes time and we don't always have enough time to write them. That is why I always suggest to anyone wanting to play a sighted game to get the demo first, if you think you can be patient enough and you like it well go ahead and buy the full game, even though it wasn't really possible for you since you got it as a present. Also, playable doesn't mean that it can be completed at 100% without sighted help either, especially on console. Anyway, no you cannot run using the PDA,, you need to let go of the PDA button and hold the run button and go forward on the left analog stick. Although when Leon says "run" and there's an helicopter falling off, this is like a QTE event where you need to hold the run button and move backward with the left analog stick not forward. There is a guide on gamefaqs.com that might help you. Here's the link:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/605603-res … faqs/65206