2017-09-26 20:29:46

I echo what the post above said.   Someone needs to implement it, then will know.   With that being said if the Xbox1S is not powerful enough I could almost guarantee that the Xbox1X definitely is.
And I think I remember hearing that Minecraft was going to have talking menus,  but not sure if it ever happened, or if it even still is.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2017-09-30 05:06:20

I was wondering if Madden for iOS could be made accessible with voiceover?
I would love to see Madden on the iOS made accessible so that we all could play it on the go.

2017-09-30 22:57:13

Hello. I hate to sound rude, or like a whiner, but I'm rather frustrated. I've been asking after details of the accessibility and have been given no answers by the people I know have played it. I am hoping to rent the game tonight, and would like some details.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-01 00:46:27

We keep telling you that the accessibility is not in yet, the patch has not come out. We'll tell you when you can rent it. Better yet, Karen will when the patch does come out.

2017-10-01 01:02:21 (edited by CritterPup 2017-10-01 01:02:55)

Ahh. My understanding was that there has been a patch, but it's constantly being expanded.

Heroes need foes to test them. Not all teachers can afford to be kind, and some lessons must be harsh.

2017-10-01 06:00:24

I'm not sure where you heard that, but if you read the first post on here you will get a lot of the info you were asking about.

"One Love"

2017-10-01 23:40:34

The patch was delayed by Hurricane Irma. It should be out this coming week, assuming the current schedule holds.

2017-10-01 23:49:59

I was at a concert this weekend, and now I"m wrapping up some college assignments. I'll post here tonight or tomorrow with everything that happened smile.

2017-10-02 16:17:15

Thank you both, and we appreciate everything you do.

"One Love"

2017-10-02 16:52:48

I would like to apologize for my briskness. I did not mean to come off as such, and I am regretful.
  That said, Karen, you are truly a dream come true for us. You're letting people know that blind people do, indeed, exist in the gaming world. The steps you've taken are highly appreciated. I am looking forward to the patch release, and I will let you know how things go for me. Again, my thanks on behalf of everybody.

2017-10-02 22:33:45 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-02 23:09:02)

Thanks, everyone. I'm currently struggling with the game play section, as I'm trying to figure out what audio cues there might be, but have really bad hearing. I'll do the best I can and can update as needed.

Here's an overview of the sport of american football.

American football is a sport played on a rectangular field that is 100 yards long and 50 yards wide, with two goal posts on opposite ends of the 100 yard field stretch. The field is measured in yards, with the center of the field marked as the 50 yard line, then it counts down towards the goal posts on either side of the field, labeled in increments of 10. The 0 yard lines are referred to as end zones.

The game is split into 4 quarters which are each 6 minutes long by default. Time spent between plays does not count towards the clock.

The goal of the game is to get points, which are either accomplished by:
•    Earning touchdowns by reaching the end zone for 6 points
•    After a touchdown – Kicking the ball through the goal post for 1 point or opting to try to cross the end zone again from the 2 yard line for 2 points
•    Tackling the other team while they are in their own endzone for 2 points, this is a safety
•    Kicking the ball through the goal post unrelated to a touchdown for 3 points, this is a field goal

All games start with a kickoff, where one team kicks the ball away from their end zone, and the other team catches the ball and runs away from their own goal. The kicking team tries to stop the ball carrier from advancing by tackling – pretty much grabbing them and pulling them to the ground.

When on offense, the team has 4 attempts to advance 10 yards, called downs. If they succeed, the attempts are reset back to 4. If they fail, control passes to the other team. Often times the ball is kicked in the 4th down to get it as far away as possible from the kicker’s end zone – this is called a punt, and is essentially equivalent of a kickoff. A punt that makes it through the goal post at the end of the field is a field goal (3 points), and relinquishes control of the ball to the opponent at their own 20 yard line. If a ball is loose after the 4th down, it also starts on the 20 yard line. If a touchdown occurs (6 points), the team that earned the touchdown has a choice of advancing the ball into the end zone again for 2 points, or kicking the ball through the goal post for 1 point. After this, the ball is kicked off again, and the opposing team gains control of the ball.

2017-10-03 01:00:37 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-03 01:07:56)

The following assumes you have already entered a game. It also assumes that the accessibility patch is live and vision assists are turned on. I could use some help flushing out rules – if there is anything noteworthy to listen for, please let me know. I've asked people on the game play team if they could suggest audio cues, and I'm waiting to hear back.

Kick meter rules:
The kick meter has three rumble events, in the following order.
1.    A double-rumble to indicate the meter is moving
2.    A rumble to select power.
3.    A rumble to select accuracy.
When hitting A/X on the kick play, you will feel a double-rumble to indicate the meter is moving. 
If you press A/X before the second rumble event, you will have lower power. If you miss hitting the button to select power, it will result in lower power. Press A/X as soon as you feel the rumble for greatest power. Power indicates how far the ball will be kicked.
The third rumble event is accuracy, pressing the button immediately after feeling the rumble is recommended. Not pressing the button at all will result in a wildly inaccurate kick, likely off the field.
The speed of these events is controlled by difficulty level. There is less time to react on higher difficulties.

Ball carrier rules:
If you do not touch the stick, the player will automatically try to avoid players and run towards the end zone. If you wish to steer, use left stick, and keep heading “up” to move towards the goal. If you feel rumbles, that means an opponent is trying to tackle you – B/Circle to try to spin away from opponents, or use X/Square to try to dive with the ball for more yards. See ball carrier section of user manual if you wish to try more advanced moves.

Defense rules:
Your job is to block offense players and tackle the ball carrier. The players will all move automatically if you avoid hitting a stick. Press A if you feel a rumble to engage an offense player or tackle the ball carrier.

Kickoff
When the game starts, one of two things will happen.
Offense
If you are on offense, when the commentators go silent, you can kick the ball. Pressing A/X will select the default suggested kick play.
See kick meter rules for details on the kick meter.
Once the ball is kicked, your role will switch to stopping the ball carrier from advancing. Press A/X if you feel a rumble to tackle the player. All characters will automatically move towards the ball carrier. You are now on defense.
Defense
If you are on defense – the controller will vibrate to indicate you need to select a play. Pressing A/X will select the default suggested play. Your character will move automatically to catch the ball. Do not touch the sticks until you hear the ball being caught. You are now on offense and follow ball carrier rules.

After kick-off, you will start picking plays.

Offense
Press A/X to pick suggested play. Press A/X again to snap the ball (passes it to the quarterback so he can make a play). When you snap the ball, you will feel one short rumble for run plays, and one long rumble for passing plays.
Run plays
You will feel a short rumble if the play is a run play. The QB will hand the ball off immediately, and ball carrier rules apply.
Pass plays.
You will feel a long rumble if it is a pass play. Tap all of the following repeatedly until you feel a rumble: A/X, B/circle, X/square, Y/triangle. In the game, icons appear over each player’s head the first time they are open for a pass. By tapping all the buttons, you are ensuring that the player is open as early as possible. There is no guarantee that a player will remain open. Once you feel the rumble, the ball is in the air and you must immediately stop tapping. Press X/square to attempt to grab catch the ball and run towards the goal, press Y/triangle if you want to attempt to aggressively catch for greater odds of obtaining the ball. Once the passed ball is caught, ball carrier rules apply.
Punt plays
You will feel the kick meter’s double rumble if the selected play is a punt play. Follow the kick meter rules.
Fake punt plays
Rarely suggested, fake punt plays are actually run/pass plays, but attempt to trick the other team into thinking it is a punt play. The kick meter rules apply, but the ball will not be kicked. Immediately after the kick meter rumbles, you will feel a long rumble for pass plays and short rumble for run plays. See the descriptions of those play types above.

Defense
Press A/X to pick the suggested play. You will feel a rumble when the quarterback snaps the ball, but it is the same rumble for all types of plays. If you feel another rumble right after this, then the ball was passed and is in the air. Try pressing Y to block it. Defense rules otherwise apply.

Touchdown
When a touchdown occurs, there’s an attempt to get extra points. The suggested play will either be a punt play or a fake punt play. Offensive and defensive rumbles and rules apply.
After a touchdown, kickoff occurs again, with the ball’s control switching teams.

2017-10-03 03:58:16

Has the update been release yet?
If not will the game automatically update when it is available?

2017-10-03 03:59:44

Every time I load the game up this dialog pops up before I can get into the main menu.
How can I get this dialog from poping up again?

2017-10-03 04:50:18

SO, let's say I don't want to pick suggested play.  How does the playbook look in terms of selecting my own play?

2017-10-03 09:29:32

@287
Thanks for the in-game information.  It'll be a massive amount to memorise, but it'll hopefully become second nature after a few games.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***

2017-10-03 17:53:04 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-03 18:00:34)

@cyco - no it isn't out yet, I'll post when it's out. The current plan is later this week, but plans can change.  If it is a pop-up that shows up about 1 in 10 times, it's the security dialog and if you follow the setup instructions, it can be turned off. If it's more often than that, it's either a MUT update notification, roster updates, or commentary updates - none of which can currently be turned off. If you aren't sure if you are on the main menu, hold left on the left stick - if you feel light rumbles, you are there. if you do not, then you are on a pop-up

@Merlin - I'll write a guide on that later today.

2017-10-03 21:37:37

Hey everyone,

It would be a lot easier if everyone just ask me what you want to know, either on here or twitter (@ross_minor). There's a lot to talk about, from the facilities where Madden is made, to the gameplay. A lot of what I would report was already covered by Karen in the above post, but I'm still able to talk about the overall experience, just let me know. I also plan to make a video on my Youtube channel of me playing Madden against another blind person, so be sure to keep an eye on my Twitter for when that is out.

2017-10-03 23:46:41

He, thanks for this. Is it ok if I include a menu guide at my site gaming.tffppodcast.com using either the numbers or headings system or both? I'm not sure what would work at this point as I did not buy the game yet. I really love football and hope to become decent at playing one of these days via the game. Lol!

Follow me on  my podcast twitter and feel free to listen to my music. Also subscribe to my youtube channel. Thanks.

2017-10-03 23:50:58

If you are asking me, you are free to do anything you'd like with the text I've posted here. It will eventually be on an EA site, and keep in mind that I'll keep adding to it over time (even after it's on the site).

2017-10-04 01:26:31

Hey guys, I'm sorry I have been away for so long.  I apparently missed a lot, and now I feel like I've let everyone down a bit.
LIke everyone else, I'm waiting on the patch, but am super excited for it.
Ross, I'd love to play against you, and my gamertag is vol4life8657
That goes for anyone else, too.
Thanks,
Darrell

Follow me on twitch
http://twitch.tv/vol4life8657
Subscribe and like my video content on the Access 4 All channel!
http://youtube.com/c/access4all

2017-10-04 02:21:38

as I type this, I'm in overtime.  I need to learn to call plays.  my qb is not getting completions and I need to try some runs!  tongue.

2017-10-04 02:30:16

@Addolis added you to xbox.  I so don't know how to start/play online games though.  Only had the xbox for....15 hours tongue

2017-10-04 02:49:18 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-10-04 02:56:56)

Section Advanced Play Picking
If you wish to pick your own plays, this section is for you.
First, it’s recommended that you turn off the clock, so you can practice navigating the menus without time pressure. Note that it is not possible to turn off the clock for online multiplayer.

From the Main Menu:
•    Hold down right on dpad until you feel repeated rumbles.
•    Press A/X to enter the customize Menu.
•    Press down on the dpad twice to get to settings.
•    Press A/X to go to Settings.
•    Press A/X again to go to setting adjustments.
•    Press A/X again to go to game options.
•    Press down on the left stick 7 times
•    To turn play clock off, press right once. To turn play clock on, press left once. For now, turn it off.

Now, assuming you are already in a game:

For offense:
-    Press B to go to playbook
-    Press down on left stick 3 times and press A/X to get to the play type menu
-    When you press left/right, you will cycle between pass, run, and special team menus. Pass is default.
-    Pass menu options: quick pass, standard pass, shotgun pass, play action pass, screen pass, hail mary
-    Run menu options: inside handoff, outside handoff, pitch, counter, draw, fb run
-    Special menu options: special teams, clock management, QB run
-    Pressing A on any of these options opens up a submenu of plays. The plays vary based on play book, you are guaranteed at least one option for each. All plays in a category function similarly.
-    Select a play using up/down on the stick to move between sets of 3, and press X/square, Y/Triangle, or A/X to select a play. Not all menus will be full, so if a button doesn’t select a play, try a different button.

For defense:
-    Press B to go to playbook
-    Press down on left stick 4 times and press A/X to get to the play type menu
-    When you press left/right, you will cycle between man coverage, zone coverage, blitz, special
-    Man coverage has options: man coverage, man zone
-    Zone coverage has options cover 2 zone, cover 3 zone, deep zone
-    Blitz has options man blitz, zone blitz, special has goal line and special teams
-    Similar to offense, pressing a on any of these options opens up a submenu of plays. The plays vary based on play book, you are guaranteed at least one option for each. All plays in a category function similarly.
-    Select a play using up/down on the stick to move between sets of 3, and press X/square, Y/Triangle, or A/X to select a play. Not all menus will be full, so if a button doesn’t select a play, try a different button.

There are no menu options for kick-off, it's just a list similar to the inner menus described above, and press X/square, Y/Triangle, or A/X to select a play.

2017-10-04 02:53:02

You're my hero.  Unfortunately it came after I lost pre-season week 1!

Anyway, much much appretiated, thank you.