2016-06-23 08:19:23

Exodus wrote:

I'll make a bit of a demo when I get time. Do a couple quests, talk about how the skill and rune system works. How the controls work, Give an overview of the class selection screen and things like that.

That would be fantastic.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2016-06-23 08:26:50

could you do the first starting quests? it wouldn't make any sense to do quests in the middle of the game.

:D happy to help out with games and the like... maybe :D

2016-06-23 14:28:23

I'll do up to the first sighting of the skeleton king, as I'm pretty sure that's where the game demo runs out anyway. That way noone gets anything spoiled. Should have a chance to record tomorrow.

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

2016-06-23 15:51:06

Cool! I want to see how you do the first big dungeon, its the second quest. I won't give names or anything incase of possible spoilers.

2016-06-25 17:34:03

So, I picked this up, and frankly, I don't think it is remotely playable. Tried looking for a console walkthrough, but only pc walkthroughs showed up. Even with the way navigation works, all I can do is wander around aimlessly and kill a few monsters, haven't found anything beyond that. A guide is seriously needed here, if this is in fact at all playable without vision.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2016-06-29 08:29:06

Yeah. It would be fantastic if someone would work on an official guide and explain how the game is played, or simply stop announcing that a game is playable, when there is no help to get when people buy it, because of this announcement... I will only get the game, if such guide is being released. I'm done buying games and hope they are playable, at leased for a while...

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-09-09 07:15:20

bringing back the topic, for anyone who has played or completed the game, could you make a recording of the game explaining how playable it is, the menus, character creation, ETC?

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-09-09 17:38:18

got excited when i saw this until it died out without a resolution my friends play diablo, I'd love to play with them but no resolution if anyone has a way this can be played because from my experience a lot of blizard games are not, please, please tell me how?

2017-09-10 17:11:11

I know it sucks, but don't spend your money on a game that gives you not even half an experience.

2017-09-10 23:56:17

I need game suggetions for xbox 1 only have 2 i'm getting tired of mk and injustice lol.

2017-09-11 01:00:44

Killer instinct.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-09-12 19:35:21 (edited by ea_accessible 2017-09-12 19:35:38)

I play diablo 3 on the xbox one because it's easy on my hands. I have a legally blind friend I play with sometimes. If you tap or hold down left trigger when attacking, your character will automatically face the targeted monster. Other members in your party can see your equipment and skills, so if you play with someone sighted online, they can help you with your upgrades - that's how my friend and I play.

2017-09-13 07:46:12

How does the navigation in the game looks like? I heard that navigating through the game is pretty similar to the first 3 MGS titles which is like a topdown exploration games

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2017-09-13 18:20:34

it's an isometric perspective top-down, so basically a grid on a 45 degree angle

2017-09-14 01:54:52

I can play it, however, I got to the first major dungeon and got lost, because their are multiple passages, and their are 2 sides to that dungeon. Another problem I had, was finding exactly where the verious NPCS were, since they didn't speak.

2017-09-14 16:55:48

gah i can't even really picture that it ounds confusing. huh.

2017-09-14 19:06:26

I can say from personal experience that this game isn't playable solo-- you'll need sighted assistance for navigation. However, as previously stated in this thread, you have a few options for that.

1) Play online with a sighted friend who can kind of shepard you through the dungeon. They can also help with your skill loadout.

2) Play split-screen with a friend in person, and your character will follow theirs as they move around. That friend can also help you with your inventory and skill load out as needed.

Visual barrier aside, it's a really fun game. You can lock on to enemies by holding down the left trigger (on Xbox 1) so that takes a lot of the guess-work out of the equation in regard to aiming.

Aside from that, I don't really know a good way of navigating the dungeons. It's not something that you can exactly put a guide together for, either. There are static areas that always stay the same, but for the most part, the dungeons are randomly generated as you walk on to the floor. So, to use one in-game example, your Catacombs won't be the same thing as my catacombs-- my dungeon might have two branching passages, while yours is just one giant straight-shot room.

Therefore, my final verdict on this is.. Slightly accessible? The combat and teamwork is great, the story is fantastic, and the character classes are really fun to play around with. However, you absolutely need sighted assistance to play this game. There's no way around that. And really, it's only playable to the extent i'm talking about on console versions as far as i'm aware. The PC version is more of a  point-and-click sort of affair.

2017-09-14 21:13:21

I wouldn't say slightly accessible... this just sounds like a game where you can't play on your own, period. Any game that requires piggybacking from a sighted helper isn't playable in my book... enjoyable, sure, but not playable. Not that I object to those if I really am into it... I beat two games in the Yakuza series this way. lol

2017-09-14 23:46:00

assault_freak wrote:

I wouldn't say slightly accessible... this just sounds like a game where you can't play on your own, period. Any game that requires piggybacking from a sighted helper isn't playable in my book... enjoyable, sure, but not playable. Not that I object to those if I really am into it... I beat two games in the Yakuza series this way. lol

I get your point. I'm not going to act like i'm really familiar with the popular opinion on the term "accessible" as it applies to mainstream games, anyway. You're completely correct though. One definitely needs visual assistance for this one. But it's not like it's a bad thing. If a friend has it, you can play it! But.. Don't buy it for yourself lol. Waste of cash unless you're gonna play with sighted friends often.

2017-09-15 05:59:19

Too bad the game is not  as accessible as we  would like it  to be.  Sounds like it would be a cool want to play with friends.  I read SLJ, and a few others mention that they have a collection of fully  playable  games.  I am interested in that, I'm also sure there is a list here somewhere.   If someone could point me in its direction I would appreciate it, also any of you guys feel free to message me your list. As well as friend me on PS4, or Xbox one  JCion97  would be how to add me on both systems.

A Candle Loses Nothing by Lighting Another Candle…
" GamerTag is. ItsTBlaze & Twitter @TBlaze97
"One Love"

2017-09-15 06:30:15

I think you'll find everybody's list is different... because there are games that some consider playable and others don't. Only the fighting games would be in common... and even then, it would still vary.