2017-07-01 08:35:15 (edited by muhammad chafid 2017-07-01 14:45:12)

Hy all.
anyone have all of CAEJones games? all links in his website are broken.

best regards, muhammad chafid

2017-07-02 05:19:43

Some of them can be got from the audiogames archive.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2017-07-02 06:39:20 (edited by CAE_Jones 2017-07-02 07:26:06)

Here are a few:

[edit]Oh, hey, it seems the audiogames archive has most of them, except the DLE demo, Le Petit Planet, and Redsword. Unless I forgot one lol.
In the interest of completeness, here's Redsword.
Also, I cannot fill any DLE orders ATM. My only excuse is that an inaccessible capcha ate my email and I can't get webvisum working and I'll probably make it free if my current project is ever completed.
[/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-02 20:36:08

I have a revised set of sounds for the mario thing if anybody is interested. Pretty much all of them are ripped directly from roms, either sound files or some samplers who actually knew what they were doing, and I have nes and snes soundsets. Reply if you want upload. There's like barely any original samples, which means everything is hq now!

----------
An anomaly in the matrix. An error in existence. A being who cannot get inside the goddamn box! A.K.A. Me.

2017-07-03 00:41:13 (edited by muhammad chafid 2017-07-03 00:48:19)

Thanks for all! Could someone tell me all keys used in dragon ball. Grand unification?
BTW, The jeqocon game console could not lode clashers & planet seva VS herendil. I download the console from audiogames archive.
Any help?

2017-07-03 01:31:07 (edited by CAE_Jones 2017-07-03 01:38:37)

That version of the console is way out of date.
You can remap the controls in DBGU, iirc. The default for player 1 (I forget player 2 sad ) is:
A/S/W/Z: directions
F: punch/attack1 / iirc cancel in menus? Press while paused to sort items.
G: kick/attack2 / press while holding MENU to use the selected item or switch characters.
H: in-game menu. Keep in mind that this does not pause the game! From this menu, use left and right to select a character, up and down to select items, and kick/attack2 to use the selected item. If no item is selected, or no character is active, pressing kick/attack2 will switch control to the selected character. Other than teleports (T in the oldest version), items are applied to the selected character, if possible. (You can't heal characters whose health is at maximum.)
spacebar: pause, advance through menus.
The link to the console on my site should work, since it's not hosted on dropbox. It's not on my server, however, so I don't know what the actual status is ATM.
[edit] I forgot to mention that, to use the in-game menu, you have to hold the button, and release to close. [/edit]

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-03 03:31:34 (edited by muhammad chafid 2017-07-03 03:32:17)

Please, Could you upload the updated vertion? This game is so kooll!

2017-07-03 03:50:18

It's too big for sendspace. Iirc, this link should work.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-03 04:03:11

Thanks

2017-07-03 07:15:39 (edited by david_solomon1 2017-07-03 07:16:44)

@CAE_Jones:

I've been trying to figure out JFIM adventure for ... well, I don't know exactly when it came out. I'm going to go out on a limb and say maybe 6 years? I mostly tried to play it in the new Jekocon console, not the old java based one. In all of that time, I never made it to the garage rooftop. Of course I wasn't literally playing all of that time, but ocasionally I'd pick up the game and try playing it.

Tonight, I finally figured out how some things work. The sound test helped a lot. Not sure why I didn't use it before. I've actually managed to beat the first boss. Pretty cool trick to defeat him.

I don't know what others have figured out, but I have to say, you actually have major potential as a developer.

I think I can finally say a few things that have always been confusing to me. Firstly, the footsteps just are not clean. I don't know why, but there's a double footstep sound every time you take one step, and having your ally walking with you adds even more chaos to the step sounds so it's really hard to keep track of things, especially with all the sounds for topography firing. I think if you just changed the footstep sounds to cleaner, single  steps for most of your games, it would go a long way toward making them more understandable. Case and point, Le Petit Planet has cleaner steps and for the most part, I was able to figure out where I was going in that game. Though I do think there's a bug somewhere that prevents items from respawning properly, as I could never find the ring that deals with the duck.

I really like the action RPG style interface. I like how you can bring up your inventory on the fly and do various things. Combat seems a little bit button mashy though. To be fair, the first boss isn't button mashy at all. I just didn't realize I needed to do something specific and kept running in swinging my sword for like 4 respawns, lol.

I hope you'll return to working on these console games a little bit. Jeko Prime has some potential, but I'm assuming basically none of the story mode was actually completed as all I could seem to do was walk around maps. DBGU I still can't figure out how to advance, since walking in either direction just steps infinitely without doing anything or finding any enemies. I imagine I have to find a platform or something.

Seriously though, JFIM has a lot of potential. It's  already got some neat things that a lot of games still don't have, like actual 3D movement. Even though it was kind of annoying to walk off the roof of the garage like 4 times before I figured that part out, it was still neat that I could do it.

I remember you posted some demos a while back of Triastria and something called PS3. PS3 looked like an improved version of the JFIM adventure, and Triastria just looked neat based on the demo you posted. I know you're working on Dark Clashers right now, but I hope you'll return to some of your old projects. They are actually pretty cool once you take the time to figure them out. You make the type of games I love, and if feedback helps you at all, I'd be happy to help you test any of your products now that I think I've figured out how you usually code some of your mechanics. You've got a lot of neat ideas. Perhaps your lack of motivation is just due to not enough people being willing to put forth the effort to figure out what kinds of things you've done?

I hope this has helped in some way. I'm going to keep trying to figure out JFIM and perhaps I'll hit up Sengoku Jidai again. That's another game I've always liked the concept of but haven't been able to figure out much of yet.

2017-07-03 07:43:20

The idea with the JFIMA was to use sounds that I either created or had some legal access to, excepting the characters from pre-existing franchises. I was also using the same footsteps for a fighting game where they make much more sense as pairs.
But you're definitely right. Mostly all I can salvage from those are the snowsteps, which I haven't found better substitutes for (all the professional such sounds I can find are crunchy ice-style, and I like having softer pure snow available. I mean, imagine if Sengoku Jidai involved shinobi running around on crunchy mcCrunch snow? That's not very ninja!)

I'm glad that someone managed to figure this much out, even if it took 6 years, lol.
Thanks a lot for the praise! It really does help a lot smile.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-03 08:12:52

Ah, either I missed some stuff or you edited while I was typing. I'll address some of your other points:
The only way to permanently lose rings in Le Petit Planet is if you use all of them unsuccessfully. However, I don't know if anyone's ever actually found the attic in that game. Also, there are 3 distinct ways to catch the duck, 2 of which are related to how you access the attick.
Come to think of it, there really isn't a good clue as to where you should go at the start of DBGU, just a hint about what to do once you're there. I guess I got so use to doing aerial stuff in games made with this engine that it seemed like it would be easy to figure out. (The inaugural test of this sidescroller engine was such a tedious dropkick-spamfest... ) 
The PS recording was indeed using an improved version of the JFIMA engine, with single steps and a tutorial for the topography sounds. That is a game I rather desperately want finished so I can play it tongue. That engine does not suit it, however. The walkthrough I wrote as the basis includes swinging from vines and platforming up a cliff-face, among many, many other things. This engine simply can't handle it, and I basically need a mainstream budget and team to pull it off. So... yeah, not happening before 2020 without a miracle, and it already feels like it's way too late if a geni handed me the complete version tomorrow. sad
The trouble with Triastra is that I went in without a plan for where it would go. And, well, I deliberately coded it in the most ridiculously terrible way possible, just to see if that would help me get anywhere.

And yeah, I was trying to avoid making the fighting in JFIMA too button-mashy, without making it too complicated. I don't think it worked (crouching attacks are just good for almost everything if you're overwhelmed), but occasionally aerial or stabby attacks come in handy. (I like roof-hopping from the garage to the building to the northwest, and jumping off to attack Imps that are still in the air smile ). Oh, and a bit past halfway through, you can pick up a new attack.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-03 11:20:31

Hi.
Agreed with post 10 completely.

I am myself and noone is ever gonna change me, I am the trolling master!

2017-07-04 00:57:20

Hello.
Please, could you uplode this game on dropbox or something? I don't kno what hapende with my computer. When I download this game, the download fale evri time I try. But when I download unother software from unother website, the download runs fine

2017-07-04 02:09:10

Downloading the game consol now for the first time, any hints or tips on operating the thing would be great! Thanks!

Audio game king

2017-07-04 02:20:04

I've heard that download managers can get around the problem downloading from this server, but I don't know for sure.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-04 06:48:01

OK, Got the game now. Its time to play!

2017-07-04 08:57:56

I use these keys in DBGU:
Player 1:
Up aro: Jump
Down aro: crouch
Left aro: moov left
Right aro: move right
Left control: punch
Right control: kick
Space: menu.
Player 2:
W: jump
s: crouch
a: move left
d: move right
c: menu.
My problem is, I can't use kamehameha, super saiyan, kite tsoonami etc.
The dbgu movelist use u for up, d for down, b for back, f for forward, P for punch & k for kick.
& I try to use super saiyan by pressing forward, punch & kick (right aro, left control & right control, but it didn't work.
Any help?

2017-07-04 11:14:49

Super Saiyan is down+punch+kick, for those who have it. However, you need a certain amount of ki to use it. There are some characters who can power up on their own, but otherwise, you gain ki by evading enemy attacks or using items.
Forward+punch+kick is usually (but not always) a throw, unless you're in the air. For Gotenks, forward+punch+kick in the air is kamehameha. It might be easier if you're flying (press down while jumping).
I don't remember if the f1 menu tells your ki or not. sad

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-04 13:08:41

How doo I pic up an item? & how doo I use it?

2017-07-04 14:46:53

To pick up an item in either JFIM or DBGU, you just need to crouch over it.

To use an item, you need to bring up the menu. This works a little differently than in most audiogames. Instead of pausing the game and bringing up a menu when you press a key, you have to hold down the key to keep the menu displayed. When you release the key, the menu disappears. Left and right while the menu is active chanes your active character, which you select with the kick button as long as an item is not selected. Up and down while the menu is active goes through your item list, and again, the kick button uses the selected item on your currently active character.

2017-07-05 00:34:43 (edited by muhammad chafid 2017-07-05 00:40:08)

How doo I kno when there is an item? &, How doo I select more than 1 caricter?

2017-07-05 00:52:20

You can use the f1 menu to learn what enemies, items, etc are present, but it'd be easier to just jump to all 4 positions and crouch. It's probably a good idea to check the f1 menu on occasion anyway, sense you don't always go to the right, and this isn't well indicated.

看過來!
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.