2011-08-03 17:20:01

Hi,
Sorry, I was talking about level 4.

I post sounds I record to freesound. Click here to visit my freesound page
I usually post game recordings to anyaudio. Click here to visit my anyaudio page

2011-08-03 20:30:42

I would be willing to record what is happening to me in level seven so people can see what is going on.

2011-08-03 21:12:36

yeah, you should record it.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-04 02:29:52

Hi.
I installed the game, But I got an error message.
Sorry but one or more of the wave files seem to be corrupt
Please contact Jim Kitchen
Why is it?

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-08-04 14:14:52

maybee it's something to do with your sound card, or your version of window. Which version are you currently using?

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln

2011-08-05 10:12:23

I'm using windows XP pro SP3.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2011-08-07 16:02:10

Oh. I'm using windows 7 64 bit and it works with me. Maybee it doesn't work with xp.

I have a major problem. I've completed level 1 and 2, because I had to start again. Then, someone mentioned that they couldn't go back and play again at level 3, same with me. It's driving me crazy. When ever I click resume saved game it just reads out my total score!!!!
Does anyone know why this is?

2011-08-09 04:50:56

Hi,
You guys better upgrade to version 4. Yep, he went from version 1 to 4 in several days, and it fixes many bugs and adds new keys. It also gives you the ability to play levels individually after you beat the game.
As for the error message, maybe try removing the wav files in your kitchens inc directory, that start with homer, like homer1.wav, homer2.wav, and so on, and then reinstall.

Make more of less, that way you won't make less of more!
If you like what you're reading, please give a thumbs-up.

2011-08-09 11:46:41 (edited by lauren.downie96 2011-08-09 12:55:47)

Hi,
I've now got version 4 and it's much better. I like the fact it gives you a warning when the chainsaw is about to run out big_smile
Also, how do you do level 5. i'm so stuck!

2011-08-09 23:15:04 (edited by twynn92 2011-08-09 23:25:05)

raygrote wrote:

As for the error message, maybe try removing the wav files in your kitchens inc directory, that start with homer, like homer1.wav, homer2.wav, and so on, and then reinstall.

Not necessary. Just run uninawes.bat which is in the directory where the game was extracted, and then reinstall the game.

Here's level 1-6 of awesome Homer in MP3, 44.1 KHz, 128 Kbps, stereo. I didn't bother to record level 7, as I sucked at it big time. I did edit the audio file to take out the parts that I had to redo, so you may hear a tiny squeak between levels 2-3, 3-4, and 5-6.

Anyway, click here to download or stream Awesome Homer levels 1-6 from Dropbox. Hope you enjoy!

Tips below:
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
p
a
c
e

Level 1: read the hints from the instructions.
Level 2: Jump when you hear the two airplanes at the same location.
Level 3: Turn towards the projectile by holding down either the left or right arrow. You can't go past the projectile, so just keep holding down that arrow!
Level 4: read the hints from the instructions.
Level 5: Use your own strategy.
Level 6: Wait until the water gets pretty loud before jumping.

Have fun!

2011-08-10 04:25:26

Hey man that recording was awesome how did you complete level 4 so fast what did you do.

2011-08-10 06:26:49

I simply held down the Control key. I think up-arrow now applies as well. Once I reached top speed, I still held down the Control key, as to maintain said top speed when turning.

2011-11-02 08:00:21

Hi is this a spam bot?

I'm gone for real :)

2011-11-02 09:39:13

Hi,

I'm about 99% certain it is. Someone needs to take immediate action. big_smile

--
Talon
Wanna play my Games? Listen to my Music? Follow me on Twitter, and say hi~
Code is poetry.

2016-09-08 12:18:55

Hello, I am having some problems with Level seven of the game. When I press up arrow, the car shifts into gear, but all I hear is an occasional chimp and the timpani sounds on either side, even when I accelerate with down arrow. I also keep running out of fuel. Could this be a bug?

Ulysses, KJ7ERC
She/they
Reedsy

2017-02-07 04:08:46

I'm having the same issues as the last poster on this thread. I have made it all the way to the last level just doggedly persisting and following the hints, but the car doesn't seem to be going anywhere and I don't have a joystick, so if it moves with that I'm in trouble... All I can do is turn to the left or right and hit the gas. The shifting into gear thing doesn't even make a sound. Everything else played as normal, so I am just lost.