2016-11-11 23:28:19

Hi everyone. I started playing puppet nightmares. reached episode 2. but there's this frog thing that killes my puppets in one hit. cause he effects them with death with every hit. and the limited adition soul puppet does the same too. any help? and thanks. smile

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2016-11-12 04:57:16

Yep, death is a really annoying status effect. I don't recall which boss that was precisely, but I do recall having a couple of fights with it.

There are several ways of avoiding this.
First, take lots of resurrection items with you.I forget exactly which item restores at which shop, but they shouldn't be too hard to find. Since usually only one puppet is hit with death at a time you can use another's action to do a restore, particularly since death doesn't actually take a soul puppet's hp to zero.

Second, find a soul puppet with a resurrect or healing ability (I had a nurse undine that rocked for this).

Third, Try death resistant gear, this often works, though manifestly just restores the chances of death, still, death attacks rarely hurt much and have only chances of working anyway, so restoring gear is good.

Fourth, use status effects that stop the enemy from acting. Really, sleep or petrify can often be your friend here, indeed I've got through several very tough boss fights by spamming sleep and poking away, silence is also good too.

Hth.

Sorry I can't recall which enemy that was precisely and I've not played puppet nightmares for a while, still it always was a very awesome game and I'm glad your having fun with it.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-12 18:08:51

Thanks dark. it worked. and an off topic question. any good games you've been playing? where there's a good story? and the main focus isn't PVP?

Hi, my Skype name is, anr1235, feel free to add me if you wish, i love to make new friends, and thanks.

2016-11-12 19:37:02

Well Tbitw, there ar elots of good none pvp games out there, it depends upon what sort of games your interested in though.
Browser games I've not really discovered much that is new for a while, but the worlds of muds and audiogames are ever expanding, heck, if you like puppet nightmares you must! try manamon.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2016-11-12 23:20:54

I finished manamon already smile. so can you tell me of some good games to try?

2016-11-13 13:17:49

Well I've not had as much time to try games out recently, but I've played some interesting muds like Frandum, also warsim is worth a go and I'm quite impressed with timecrest albeit I need to get back to that one.

2016-11-13 14:51:06

I'll be sure to check those games out. I have timecrest. it's so awesome. smile

2016-11-17 15:36:01

Yep, Timecrest is cool. I also very much enjoyed one button travel which works in a similar way, and of course there are the three minute games like lifeline, though timecrest is the best of that style I've played thus far.

Then there are always new cog/hg titles kicking around, in particula I do want to try the second samurai of hyuga game, I've also heard good things regarding delight games.

On the muds front, Erion and Avalon the legend lives just got db pages. Erion is nice if you want a combat fest, I'm also considering doing entries for cleft of dimentions and lament, when i've given them a more serious try, actually cleft of dimentions might be good since it's all based on classic computer games, you can even play races like reploids from the Mega man x games, Hilerians from the zelda series or even moogles.

So, lots of stuff to try all in all, and that's quite aside from fun things like rythm rage and crazy party, and of course the Bsc games which are now available (I was quite surprised that I had a very fun and nostalgic half hour with troop 2 yesterday).

2016-11-21 17:54:07

Hey I just started playing this, how do I change my party? I don't see any option from any page to do so but the person said I could.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-11-21 18:39:16

First, you need to create parties. There is a page for parties, this is also important when you send parties off on adventures rather than control your party directly.

I believe there is a page called "parties" where you name a party and create new ones, then once the party is created you can use the dropdown boxes to select which puppets go in them, and also what formation the party has.

2016-11-21 19:20:09

Oh I see, its just the tutorial limits preventing me from changing it, typical. Do the sylph puppets get any better? Elena's skills seem a little useless so far.

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-11-21 22:01:17

What quality is your sylph?  The skills in puppet nightmares mostly do damage based on core stats, and the core stats of better quality puppets are waaaaaay! better.
I'd certainly not bother with anything less than great in quality, good at a pinch, and of course supremes rock though they're harder to get hold of, though limited edition puppets always have better stats and abilities if you can get them together.

Then of course there is armour and weaponry to consider, plus elemental weaknesses.

As I remember at the beginning of things the sylph was the least useful, where the trol has some great healing, and the cyclopse is a handy meatshield while the socubus has some interesting status effects and quick attacks, though you do sometimes find enemies who range attacks work great on and so sylphs can destroy.

Generally in puppet nightmares while some puppet types are definitely superior, a higher level of a weaker type with good armour and attacks playing to their strengths will mostly win out over a poor quality superior type, indeed several bosses and challenges are based on this formula.

2016-11-21 23:12:52

The starter puppets all start out as great.

2016-11-22 11:29:02

Ah, that is a change from when I started, since I remember having to work rather to get greats in the starters.
I'd highly recommend a troll though, also take note of your formations and the kinds of attacks the enemy's are using, since getting hit by something like windhammer when your in a line formation really isn't good.

Also, keep healing items around, and remember to look at formations and ranges.
Puppet nightmares generally is a game with lots of factors to control in it's combat, and the difficulty of things increases as you need to take into account more things.

2016-11-22 19:01:20

That reminds me, I had a weird issue. I had opponents at 2-1 and 2-3, yet sometimes the wind hammer attack doesn't hit them, why is that? Is it some graphic labelling issue?