2016-11-21 02:54:36

So my family now owns an Xbox 1. I set the regional setting to US to use narrator, however I'm having a little trouble purchasing things directly from the xbox itself. Game codes work fine, however I'm trying to get games like Killer Instinct. When I buy them I just get "No valid payment options."

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-11-21 11:54:41

Hmm, haven't seen that before. Have you set up your payment options before?

2016-11-21 15:01:43

@Stewie: what is your normal region? The reason I ask, is because Narrator recently got added to a few other regions as well so it will work with those stores.
Have you already added any payment methods? If so you might be able to buy stuff from the xbox website, which should automatically push the game to the xbox as well.

2016-11-21 17:28:40

I live in Canada, do you know if narrator is available there?

Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.

2016-11-21 18:56:42

Set your region to North America, that is also the canada region. YOu then need to add payment.

2016-11-21 19:22:48

I got it, I could just change location to Canada and leave region and language on US. Narrator remained after I did. I now own Killer Instinct.

2016-11-21 19:58:00 (edited by timberwolf1991 2016-11-21 19:59:06)

Hi,
Do you know what the Canadian xbox started out on for region?
Logically it would be Canada, but I'm curious if it might default to US or America or something.
It would be nice if someone could tell me exactly where region is located in setup haha.

Something something something insert canine related comment here

2016-11-21 20:03:11

I don't know about set up, but I'll try to remember where the region is in settings, I'll make a point of looking the next time I start my console.

2016-11-21 20:45:27 (edited by stewie 2016-11-21 20:45:51)

Its the region and language button in settings > System. It starts out by default as Canada I believe.

2016-11-22 02:05:21

Hi,
I hate to ask, but....
Would anyone be willing to go through setup again just to let me know using a keyboard?
I think all I'd need to change is the language itself, and I have to assume that's pretty close to the start, but I'd just like to be sure before I try anything.
Thanks!

2016-11-22 05:36:04 (edited by stewie 2016-11-22 05:36:21)

Just go through setup, set the region to US. Wait for it to update to make sure it actually downloads narrator, then change location in settings to wherever.

2016-11-22 05:38:14

Hi,
My problem there is that I may not have access to sighted assistance for a while, hense why I was asking exactly where the region setting was.
For me, it might not be as easy as 'just set this' because I also don't know how this small monitor I'm using is going to handle the HDMi to VGA conversion.

2016-11-22 05:59:59

Honestly I would get sighted assistance. Narrator has this habit of freezing for absolutely no reason at the worst time possible in some regions of the app store/etc. Also narrator doesn't work at some parts of the setup, including the region part. I think it changes also, I wouldn't advise just following directions.

2016-11-22 10:16:58

Part of this also depends on if you have an Xbox One or One S - the Original Xbox Ones, as far as I can understand it, need an update/set up wizard of sorts to be completed, whereas the One S just puts you in a home screen and you sign in or can probably activate narrator from there.

Regards,
Sightless Kombat.
***If you wish to refer to me in @replies, use Sightless***