2009-05-24 22:04:06 (edited by drg 2009-05-24 22:06:50)

hey all.
Jim kitchen just released the new version of his game "mach 1", now using only sapi t
features in the new version compared with the old ones:
*allot of new sounds
*new tracks, much harder compared to the old ones.
*play using a steering wheel,  joystick or even the keyboard.
one thing that i miss from the old version:
the other cars racing against you are really challenging, and fun, although racing against the
time to get a best score everytime is fun, racing against the cars is definately good.
but since this is a first released of the new version, in new versions maybe he'll add that as
well.
i also suggested the idea of a tracking editor that allows you to create new tracks to him,
let's wait for the response.
anyway, all in all it's a pretty awesome advancement in this new version comparing with the old
one.
here's the download link:
www.kitchensinc.griffithsgoodies.com/ttsgames/wincart.exe
hope you all enjoy it.
p.s: here's what Jim says about playing with the keyboard:
some of the tracks may be very difficult if not impossible to drive via the keyboard.

contact info
email:
matrheine at gmail . com

2009-05-25 00:18:11

I've tried playing this game with my Xbox controler and it feels like I stepped in to an arcade or something. Just as an worning to who ever wishes to use this controler with this game, you want to use the lightest tuch while steering. You barely have to move you finger to go right or left. Just give it a tap in the direction you want to go. This is great. I like pushing the gas and then switching in to first. See how long it takes for your car to squeal.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-05-26 02:47:29

How do you connect and Xbox controller? Its not USB or anything as far as I know, or do you mean the XBox 360?

Regards,
Mike
Co-Founder, RS Games
www.rsgames.org

2009-05-26 15:05:17

I was talking about the XBox 360 controler wich is USB. OK, I had to hunt down drivers for it Microsoft's sight, but it is totally useable in this game.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2009-05-26 20:45:33

Hmm, I can't start my car for some reason. I try to hold down the up arrow key when the horn sound plays, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2009-05-26 21:03:48

LOL. You got to start your car before you can drive it. The end key on the six pack starts your car and the left control key is your gas and the up arrow key is the shift up key. Here's the default keyboard layout.

begin content
Default keyboard configuration.

right shift key = speedometer.
right control key = track position.
lower center key of the six pack above the arrow keys = start engine and say gear.
lower right key of the six pack above the arrow keys = say lap.
upper  center key of the six pack above the arrow keys = play horn.
lower left key of the six pack above the arrow keys = say current elapse race time.
left arrow key = steering left.
right arrow key = steering right.
up arrow key = up shift one gear.
down arrow key = down shift one gear.
left control key = gas peddle.
left shift key = brake peddle.
end content

DropBox Referral

2009-05-27 11:40:36

Ah, lol. Thanks.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2009-05-27 13:50:32

no prob

DropBox Referral

2009-05-31 10:34:41

If I press a key to start eh engine, nothing happenes. Why?

What you're looking at is subhuman. It's not normal. Focus on yourself.