2016-02-20 09:39:08

Hi everyone!
I want to know that if I installed Python 2.7
then which editors should I choose I mean for the accessibility purposes.
Also I found a book "a bite of python" where the writer says that py charm and vim are  the Ides for python.
So I cannot download py charm
the website says your download should start automatically but nothing is happening after waiting.
Also in vim I opened and cannot find the exit maybe I don't know the command
in the end I want to raise the question that which variable should I edit? does the value of power shell or the others in the path value.
I am using win 7 ultimate 32 bit with NVDA latest version.
These questions are maybe childish but I am a nubie in programming world.
I hope you will answer these questions in detail so that I can figure out what I have to do.
Thanks
Ishan

life's battle do not always go to the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later who win the one who thinks he can!

2016-02-20 10:08:41

There are a few IDE's available, like Komodo. I can't speak for others but the built in Python IDLE editor usually works fine. When you open it the default window is the python power shell, but if you go under file and select "new file" it will give you a script window. You can set it to open the script window by default by doing under "Options" and selecting "Configure IDLE", select the "General" tab, and under the first option "Startup Preferences" set it to "Open Edit Window", then hit apply.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-02-21 08:26:21

Hi will this Ide accessible like Komodo with NVDA?
Thanks
Ishan

2016-02-21 22:19:20

I'm not entirely sure, you can find the open source version over here: Komodo-Edit.

-BrushTone v1.3.3: Accessible Paint Tool
-AudiMesh3D v1.0.0: Accessible 3D Model Viewer

2016-02-22 01:10:08 (edited by CaptainCode 2016-02-22 01:11:10)

Never tried Komodo, but one of the nice things about Python is you don't necessarily need an IDE.  I usually use Notepad++ and the Windows command-line, and if Notepad doesn't work for you then plain old Notepad will still do the trick.

And NVDA itself has some awesome features for Python.  If you're just learning the basics, it has a built-in Python console, and it's definitely accessible (NVDA speaks the output of what you type).  And NVDA has a way to set it to read the number of tabs (which matters in Python more than in other languages).

But I gotta admit, I would sure like a program that's got a little more than that, like auto-complete (a.k.a. "intellisense") and a shortcut to run the program.  But part of the problem with Python in general is that portability generally takes way higher priority than accessibility.  They develop IDEs with the main goal of being cross-platform, but you don't see too many Python programs created with accessibility in mind.  Doesn't mean it can't be done, just that it usually isn't.  So for now, I'm sticking with Notepad++.

But of course, there could be an exception out there somewhere I just haven't found yet.  What do you guys use?

2016-02-22 05:29:36

Hi captain code!
does your notpad have sintacs highlighting feature?
if it doesnot how do you use or edit your prograame?
Thanks
Ishan

2016-02-23 18:48:00

Hi!
Komodo with nvda doesn't work.
I can't read the text in the Textfield.

sorry for my english, I hope you have understood me.

2016-03-02 04:02:57

Pycharm is a great ide for python

2016-03-04 16:08:24

I personally like Notepad2. Christopher Tothe told me about it (so big thanks to him), and it's like Notepad++ but doesn't have any of the strange accessibility problems and a couple of annoyances I used to find with it.

It also runs from my Dropbox, which is a big plus point for me!

HTH,

-----
I have code on GitHub

2016-03-05 01:32:16

Hello. I use eclipse with the Pydev plugin. is accessible with nvda, but i think it works better with jaws. pydev has autocomplete. error detections and more. works with python 2.7 and python 3. Is very accessible for me, sure will be for you.

Warning, is a bit complicate to set all necesary. to work, but at end is really easy to use.

2016-03-05 06:37:26

Hi I downloaded ed sharp and Now using this.
One question is please
How can I open my file from python command line?
Thanks
Ishan