2015-08-04 10:34:39

hola oriol, este es un perfecto juego/ this is a really perfect game.
but the problem is, with the ending again.
I've updated the game to the latest version and there is an error.
below is a stack trace that the error is:
Call stack size: 16

Function: void movimiento()

Function: void avanza()

Function: void recorrer()

Function: void jugando()

Function: void partida()

Function: void jugar()

Function: void start()

Function: void speakstats()

Function: void puedomorir()

Function: void edificio_inminente()

Function: void recorrer()

Function: void jugando()

Function: void partida()

Function: void jugar()

Function: void start()

Function: void main()

going in to the wilds, collecting pokedex, and capturing them are my kind of thing,
training them, making them evolve, and generally making them stronger is my ultimate goal,
fighting other manamon tamers, winning the tournament, and fighting octoros are what these manamons like to do,
and ultimately, I become the master of mana!

2015-08-04 11:50:48

Yeah, this is a very nice little arcade stress reliever, quite addictive because of how fast it is. I like it. And I like even the "you suck" taunt on gameover, even when it doesn't get any different based on your score or performance; I guess its intent is to frustrate you when you tried so hard to complete the game and failed, which it manages more than successfully. :-)
Lukas

I won't be using this account any more or participating in the forum activity through other childish means like creating an alternate account. I've asked for the account to be removed but I'm not sure if that's actually technically possible here. Just writing this for people to know that I won't be replying, posting new topics or checking private messages until the account is potentially removed.

2015-08-04 12:13:09

Hello,
I really like this one. @oriol you've done it again, keep up the great work. Also, the game over scene is really hilarious, even after dying like three or four times. It's just the way it suddenly does what it does, that really makes me laugh, and it also reminds me of stuff from the 90's, which is the era I grew up in, so congratulations for invoking some nostalgia, and definitely keep up the awesome work.

2015-08-04 12:19:18

You could adjust the taunt by how many points were scored.,
0 points "You really really suck big time."
up to 500 points, "You suck."
Up to 1000 points, "You suck a little."
Up to 5000 points, "You only suck a tiny bit."
Up to 10,000 points "You don't suck."
Up to 100,000 points "You're so non-sucky it's unbelievable!"

2015-08-04 19:50:16 (edited by arjan 2015-08-04 19:51:04)

This is quite fun indeed. The first time I played this I only made it to level 28, the second time I beat the game and managed to get to position 3 on the scoreboards... LOL. Very nicely done.

2015-08-04 21:22:36 (edited by keyIsFull 2015-08-04 21:23:03)

I think there should be a small  point penalty  (maybe 25 or 50) for not catching an item with your spacebar. I was able to beat the game by just hitting the spacebar over and over to keep my health and ammo up. It was the only way I've managed to actually beat the game because there is so much going on that I would get confused by all the sounds.

I like to sleep, Sleep is good,
This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!
Follow @TheGreatAthlon5 on twitter for humorous facts and game updates!
If you like my posts, thumb me up!

2015-08-05 02:56:32

Just a few quick things... smile

I beat the game for the first time, yaye!
It was a close thing though, I ran out of ammo twice, and crashed a few times because of it.

I like the idea about losing 50 points if you miss an item, but I also think that the repair items should be slightly reduced in frequency and the ammo items slightly increased, since, while I'm okay with having to conserve my ammunition and use it carefully, I did that pretty well I thought and still ran out twice.  This balancing idea might make the decision easier.
I also enjoy the little scene at the end, makes me a bit homesick actually sad I used to love that song, and I forgot to say earlier how much I love the way you say, "com.", at the end of the exit scene!  That was some pretty good humor I have to say, at least in my opinion.

I thought I might also share my idea for replacing the defensive anti missile system with a coaxial mounted machine gun slash autocannon, or, even better, a minigun, both of which can be found on today's armored transports and helicopter gunships, as of the Vietnam war in the mid 60s on the AC130 Spectre AKA Spooky, and all the way up to operation Desert Storm in the early 2000s with the AH-64 Apache.
LMG sounds aren't that hard to come by, or synthesize from normal assault rifles with mixing, but Miniguns are harder, however, I'm working on it by digging into US military public domain videos.

Also I thought you might want to know that according to windows, the running application is actually called "Land unknown", in operations such as the system volume control, which I'm guessing is what the English translation of the game's original name was, before you changed it to "copter mission".  big_smile

I'm going to enjoy trying to beat my own scores, which would be easier to do with the addition of a local score table actually, now that I think of it, since the positions on the online scoreboards are constantly changing.

Thanks for releasing a snappy initial bug fix, and I look forward to seeing how this game develops in future, though even as is currently, it's pretty awesome.

2015-08-05 10:09:08

Very proud to brag that I have the top 2 spots on the scoreboards!

This is how I do it: Lie on a nice warm cozy bed, and dream dreams about how to rule the world!

2015-08-05 12:19:57

hmm, when you destroy a tall building, the sound doesn't immediately stop like the low uilding does soo I often end up shooting at it again and wasting ammo.

2015-08-05 15:48:32

Hi.
Nice game indeed. I'm not much an arcade fan and I won't play this game forever, but I've enjoied playing it.
However, for some reason the game doesn't automatically update, and it seems as the game came up with an error. I pressed the spacebar fast to pick up all the items, and suddenly the game closed and I was back on the desktop.
The game is a fun challenge, but I agree that there are lots of sounds and it can quickly be confusing.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2015-08-05 15:53:45

HI guys
I'll be working to balance out the game in the next few days.
I am going to add new modes and different things that will make the game a lot more fun! smile

ReferenceError: Signature is not defined.

2015-08-05 18:26:34

Hello.
that's great Oriol. I hope the next update then.
Greetings and thanks.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-08-05 23:46:00 (edited by defender 2015-08-06 03:29:09)

Hey all

I finally found a video with a good recording of an M134 Minigun, turns out it was that one from FPS Russia...  I really should have guessed, tongue I found a few other decent ones but his was the best.

I did work on the file to cut out all of the speech and far back camera angle recordings, as well as any noticeable wind and nature sounds from the echos at the end of each barrage, while preserving as much as I could in the process, but I didn't alter the sound in any other way.
The file was downloaded at 128KBPS joint stereo which was the highest quality available, but it sounds good enough as far as I'm concerned, and you'll have 2 or 3 realistic wind up and wind down sounds to either use in a stand alone capacity, or combine with a motor, as well as a few different firing positions and camera angles for a good sound reference.

I decided to leave the original cleaned up file in tact and to not make my own sound out of it for you, so that you would have free rain to pick the peaces that you want, add your own tails, windups, reverb effects ETC, and so that you could keep it around for future titles if you wanted to.
Here is the link to the Dropbox page for TDMinigun.mp3, a 128KBPS non attributed and untagged LAME encoded 2 channel joint stereo file, that is 1.16MB in size and 1 Minute 16.22 seconds long...  publicly available since that's only fare considering it isn't from a professional library, and who ever wishes to use it still needs to do a bit of work on it, but be warned, it's quite loud and sudden, and doesn't let up either.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/sstemb1xj8ajz … n.mp3?dl=0

I would love to see this being used for Copter Mission's missile interception sound, or something like it, but either way I'm happy to provide it for who ever wants it for a few months.  smile  Enjoy!

For anyone that is interested in learning more about what a Minigun is, how it's used, and how it works mechanically...  You may want to check out this interesting and entertaining video on YouTube.

Warning:  Contains some background curse words, as well as moderately violent depictions and themes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff73iFNF2Lw

2015-08-06 09:46:08

Wow Defender. Sounds like a motor or those big hammers with a motor used for destruction of beton.

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.

2015-08-08 17:53:57

OK guys...
next update to the game is here, with big changes.
Please read the manual again, and the change log which I am pasting here as well.

Changes
fixed stopping sound  for right building
fixed window title to reflect the actual name of the game
There is now a health penalty if you try to grab a bonus without there being one active! You will also lose 500 points
Copter now changes sound according to how damaged it is
Restart enemy counter, so you don't automatically get an enemy right at the beginning.
added an endless mode
Added hunger and thirst to endless mode
fixed problem with enemies not falling
fixed enemy sound stopping.
added score board for endless

Try playing the endless mode, it has a bunch of random events.

Link, as always is
http://oriolgomez.com/files/td_en.zip

2015-08-08 18:04:20

Hello.
Thanks Oriol.
Right now I'm going to download it.
Greetings.

sorry my english, is not my native language.

2015-08-08 21:00:39 (edited by defender 2015-08-08 21:07:08)

Hey Oriel, thumbs up for releasing V2.0!

In most ways, I quite like this new update, the game play feels more intuitive, it seems like there is more ammo, maybe even a bit too much but I need to play more to be sure, and the engine RPM being based on your HP is a  really nice touch too!

However I do have to say that I'm not a fan of the food and water system, it doesn't make allot of sense in my mind, and it's a pain to keep track of 2 values at once, I wish it was something that made a bit more sense like fuel, but I do like the new mode over all, even though it starts out quite fast...  Especially those missiles! smile

I'm also not sure that such a high point penalty for missing bonus items is a good idea, I'm thinking that it should be halved to -250, especially when you take into account that you also lose 1HP, which is something that I do like, and also that hitting a building currently takes away just as many points, which seems like a way bigger issue.
I could be alone on this though, only time will tell. wink

I noticed 1 small error in the documentation...  there are two sections titled 3.8. but that's obviously not an important issue, I just thought you might want to know...  Probably happened when you were modifying the Readme to reflect the recent changes, which was nice of you to remember by the way, allot of people don't think of it when a major update comes so soon after the game's initial launch, diddo for the inclusion of the changelog and scoreboard reset.

Still hoping for a speaker test, since even though I have my own on my desktop that I created my self do to the sound design that I do sometimes, allot of people would have to go all the way to the speaker tester through the windows sound application to make sure of correct positioning, if they even knew how, which most people don't.  It also gives you another excuse to make an amusing skit!  tongue

One more rather cosmetic thing that I hope is simple enough to fix is that you can't skip the scene at the end when you win and go straight to your final score information, I don't mind it much even the third or fourth time, it's a nice little bit of work after all, but lots of people like that option and many of your other scenes, like the intro and exit messages, have that feature.

I'm just wondering, but would it be possible to also have tall buildings come from the left?  I think it would add more to the game and it would make sense too.

I'm really happy to see these new changes, the game is easier to play now and seems to be taking more of a shape as well, which is pretty cool!

2015-08-08 21:10:06 (edited by keyIsFull 2015-08-08 21:15:20)

also the new bonuses don't have sounds in the learn game sounds menu, and I am not good at guessing when there's spo much stuff happening.
Also the random event in endless mode where you get electrecuted and can't use your weapons is annoying and unfair and, in my opinion, should be removed.
Map isn't reset when you play endless mode, so if you play it more than once, you start out by crashing into a building and losing a health.
Spoiler:
I did like the missile barrage thing though

2015-08-09 00:00:37

hey oriol, that was a nice update to the game, but somehow the random event where you get electrocuted is annoying.
is there a way I can avoid getting electrocuted?
the endless mode is great, I seemed to be getting the hang of it but the documentation doesn't describe the random events that happen in endless mode.
What are the random events and how can I keep from dieing of thirst or hunger?

2015-08-09 20:12:50

Hi,
I'll balance these events and maybe remove the electricuted event... smile

2015-08-15 08:29:01

hi
Can I destroy some enemies?

2015-08-15 09:53:16

momo7807 wrote:

hi
Can I destroy some enemies?

that's the only point of the game. Lol. So yes, that's the only thing you can do.

Best regards SLJ.

2015-08-15 17:17:17

hi slj
No, I mean, not randomly generated buildings, enemy copters.

2018-11-19 00:07:40

Hi,
I've made a playthrough on this game.
You can find it at: https://youtu.be/rYJxgyN4nKI
Enjoy!

I'm just a random blind guy who trys to learn to code.

2018-11-19 08:54:48

Am i the only one who hate when people randomly bring up those only topics? There is nothing wrong by doing that. But, the playthrough could have been posted in the Generel games discussions room for those who care.

Best regards SLJ.