2008-04-21 12:30:37

Okay got a couple updates here regarding BrailleSoft and Sound RTS.

First up are the new games from Braillesoft here for both Pac Mate and Windows Mobile powered smartphones. The Great Escape is a text based maze game where you have to find your way out of 100 rooms, and Russian Roulette is a game where you see how many times you can pull the chain before making a serious mess. BrailleSoft also say they plan to add games for Symbion phones some time in the future, which will please us Talks users.

Also it has been about a little while and I apologise for not mentioning it sooner, but there have been a couple new versions of Sound RTS. The current version is Beta 10 F, the news on the Sound RTS development blog. The versions have been uploaded but there hasn't been a download link for the newer versions since beta 10 C, so you can either find the update for Beta 10C and change the letter or just click here to get the beta 10F.

Enjoy, and make sure you have a mop handy for the Russian Roulette.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-21 12:39:37

Hmmm nice title! I really need to pay more attention to sound rts, I keep missing these new betas which is very rude of me.

I hope braillesoft will bring out a windows version of those games, sinse their not ones I've played before and they sound fun.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-04-21 13:13:09

True, making windows versions of games is always a good move given the potential increase in audience.

Thanks about the title, I've been sort of struggling with them of late.

cx2
-----
To live by honour and to honour life, these are our greatest strengths and our best hopes.

2008-04-21 13:36:19

Hi, I can't get to the sound RTS page. Internet explorer keeps telling me that it cannot display the webpage. I've tried three times now, on two diferent computers and I get the same message. I'm sure that I'm connected to the internet.

To know, and not to do, is not to know.

2008-04-21 13:38:58

Sorry no idea why, just checked both links I posted and they work fine for me.

cx2
-----

2008-04-22 00:21:07 (edited by dark empathy 2008-04-22 00:23:58)

Hmmm that's odd Tablen, I downloaded the new version myself earlier today, and had a check of the developement blog without any trouble at all. Cx2's link above is a direct download link which should let you download the file without going to the page, which might help if your having a net hickup.

alternatively, maybe there's something wonky in your Ie's security which isn't letting you download the file properly? I remember once the pop-up blocker caused those sorts of problems for me.

Sorry i can't be more help.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2008-04-22 10:41:16

Well as I said Dark for the last versions the dev blog hasn't included a download link, so I thought I had best include one. I got it myself as I said by changing the letter in the address to reflect the new version. Both appear to be on a different domain though so I'm not sure what could cause issues, I wish I could help more.

cx2
-----

2008-04-22 20:26:30

I actually found the new version on the official sound rts home page instead of the developement blog, the page at http://jlpo.free.fr/soundrts/ that seems to be where downloads for the game go, --- including extras such as sound packs, map making instructions and tutorials, ---- there's even a link to here as well, ;D.

2008-04-22 22:58:32

How much better is it to b9h? LOL. I haven't played it for a while.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2008-04-23 11:36:35

Well the food limit has gone up drastically, and there are a whole bunch more maps.

cx2
-----

2008-04-23 20:16:57

What maps does b10f have over b9h. I mean 1.0b10f and 1.0b9h.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral