2012-06-01 17:46:58

Guys, I have a downer. It seems that Multiaventures, the Eamon interpreter, is for the Mac only. But that's not a problem if you can get the source code. As many people know, Every linux distribution comes with GCC and G++, hense you could compile it for linux if you could open hqx archives on a linux system. Then perhaps you could upload your port to the IF Archive. But at least, if you don't have cygwin, a mac or a linux machine or VM, you can still play aemon deluxe! Just a shame that it won't run on win7 64 bit, because according to Dark, "64 bit computers are the future." I still swear I saw that very interpreter (and its source code) in tar archives for Linux. The maintaners of the archive must have removed it.

“Can we be casual in the work of God — casual when the house is on fire, and people are in danger of being burned?” — Duncan Campbell
“There are four things that we ought to do with the Word of God – admit it as the Word of God, commit it to our hearts and minds, submit to it, and transmit it to the world.” — William Wilberforce

2012-06-01 18:00:24

There is to be a mac version of Eamon deluxe with the updates, but about lynux I don't know. as to 64 bit machines being the future, I never said that, ---- look at the above post where I mention not giving a flying monkey's behind for the future! big_smile.

I'm not sure what your virtual machine trouble is, but I'd recommend getting that fixed, sinse I do know people have run Eamon deluxe on 64 bit windows using one, though if the dosbox compatibility thing ever comes about that won't be needed, ---- albeit that is a pretty big if (I have no idea what he's doing for dosbox compatibility, but certainly he's the first person I've ever heard of who even has tried it).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2012-11-29 13:24:23

I also agree with you ..... very useful information for us ...... keep it up thanks for this..........:)

Corporate Training Dubai