2007-03-28 14:35:12

I was looking into alternatives for game cheater (paying 15$s was crazy) and i found this small utility Poke that was quite accessible.
The Download link is
http://codefromthe70s.org/poke.asp

What do you think of this program?

2007-03-28 19:45:05

hello,
i'm not against cheating, as far as it doesn't spoil gameplay. I think $15 is a lot for just a simple memory editor program, since all of these programs do the same stuff.
That's why i tried game cheater, it was ok, but since it expired, i uninstalled it.
Now this program seems almost the same, except that it doesn't display all of the variables stored in memory, so it makes an average user's life much easier, no confusing stuff.
So, it works. Cheers!
Thanks for it.
Just a final note, as Liam mentioned in the gamecheater topic, its not fair to use it with the online scoreboards. Anyways, we feel dirty if we use tricks and cheats to be the best, aren't we? I hope so.
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion
Visit my site for all the things I do and to contact me.
You can also stop by for a slice of Pi

2007-03-29 00:22:19

Hay i am not verry experienced at using poke yet  though and cant lock or change my stuf in judgement day. So please if you like poke, write how you changed the values.

Thanks again,
Audioman

2007-03-29 00:23:43

good idea

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-03-29 12:38:24 (edited by Audioman 2007-03-29 12:39:52)

I have found the values and just cant figure what number to change (i cjust guessed and changed a number and it slowed down the amount of ships comming at a time) so i know i did somthing. If you can explain the set of numbers and what one you change for jd level changing please tell me

My skipe adress is (without all the farts)

Cfartofartofartlfartdfartofartgfartgfart1fart

If you don't like my way of sicuring my skipe adress well what ever lol. It is 4:00 where i live and i am half asleep no 3/4 asleep.

Night all,
Audioman.

2007-03-29 12:42:53

audiogamer360 wrote:

good idea

Ummmmm You either mean nice program or this sucks not good idea, I didn't make this or have the idea of making game cheaters.

2007-03-29 13:37:01

Um. I mean good idea for the programmers noway you!! lol

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-03-29 17:46:48

ok. Here is a quick walkthrough with a technoshock health cheat.
You run the game, in this case techno shock.
Select new game, difficulty, and so on.
then, you run poke, and by selecting techno shock, it opens poke's main window.
first, you see a list, then several buttons, add, remove, etc.
In the list, you can see your defined variables, like health, ammo, etc.
Lets say the list is empty. You press the add button, it opens up a search dialog.
It asks for a number. Since our health is at 100, lets enter 100 and press next.
It searches for a few seconds, then it says it found a few variables which has the number 100 in it. So, we can specify a second number. Lets decrease our health by stepping in an acid pit. Now, enter this new value into poke, usually around 99-95. For me, yesterday, it was 99.
If everything goes well, poke found the correct variable, which has the correct number in it. Good, so now we have to enter a description. You can type hp or anything you'd like to have in the list. Pressing the finish button, the main window is displayed, but now with the variable in the list.
Lets go back to the list.
You can see a variable with the description, hp, or anything you typed in the search dialog. Press the left arrow to move one column left, so now we can see the other parts, along with the lock checkbox.
Now, route your mouse cursor to the normal one (for jaws users, jaws to pc), and you will see the variable, its memory address in hexadecimal format, a number, then a not checked item.
Click on the number, then type in the new value, e.g. 100.
Now, if you want the variable to be locked (so the game won't be able to modify it, it'll remain the same), click on the not checked thing, which is actually a checkbox. And, we're done.

As i said before, poke is quite cool, but i found one disadvantage though. There is no way to save your defined cheats, and that means you have to do these steps always, before playing with a game.
Rob

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2007-03-29 23:36:48

Yeah, I am going to look in the manual, (oops, doesn't have one!) well in that case I will just search google for a way to save.

2007-03-30 00:08:13

I have figured out whats wrong i have found the values but with both jfw7 and 8 i cant find the numbers in the list or there verry nonaccessible and will only sorda sometimes say the name. If you have some tipps just skipe me. Or if you want to please make a Jaws script for it.

2007-03-30 03:01:51

Thanks robjoy. That helped me out alot.

Regards,
Tristan
Trek Games, inc.

2007-03-30 04:29:53

I just cant find the actual number that represents the value you added to the list. I guess the list was graphic.

2007-03-31 09:40:10

Hi Robjoy,
I don't get it when you said I had to click on the number (what number?)

2007-03-31 22:19:43

Hello all,
To be able to modify the value, you need to stand on it in the list, and by pressing the left arrow, you can switch between the different columns (memory address, value, etc.)
So, now the part which contains the var's value is visible.
All you need to do is to click on the number which you wrote in, before you pressed the finish button.
I.e. if you wrote 96 when it asked for the new value, you will have to click on the number 96 in the list.
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2007-04-01 02:15:46

But with jaws it doesnt read the collims

2007-04-01 08:56:59

You don't need to know which column you're currently on, all you need to do is to press your left arrow to switch, and then use your jaws cursor to find that number (route jaws to pc). After that, click on it with the left mouse button (numpad slash), and your pc cursor will be in an edit box. Type in the new value, and press enter.
If you want to lock the variable, check the checkbox.
Note you don't need to edit the value if you want to lock it, as far as it is greater or equals 1.
Robjoy

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2007-04-08 09:57:52

Hi,
I have a problem with poke:
Once I have edited a value, and I exit poke and exit the game that I am cheating in, I have to restart my computer because jaws stops reading.
Any sujestions?
Thanks.

2007-04-15 21:15:53

this thing sounds pretty cooland allI want to use it on jd
can someone explain to me how this thing kinda works?

Connor

2007-04-17 01:25:49

Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me with poke: this is not a question that has been asked on the forum before.
I'm looking for values in games that represent weather or not an event is completed or not completed(For example, in the last crusade, weather the leprecon has left or been killed or not, or weather prince Lasarus has been killed or not).
Actually, The game I'm most interested in doing this to is "legend of zelda: Ocarina of time" which I play on my computer. I want to reverse the values that indicates weather or not sertain bosses are beaten, so that I can "Unbeat" the bosses when the game is complete.
Can someone please try and look for this type of value, in maybe a game like the last crusade or something and tell me how you found it?

Thanks

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.

2007-04-17 08:07:43

It can be a boolean variable.
Try searching for 0 or 1,  0 being false, 1 being true.

----------
Robjoy, AKA Erion

2007-04-17 14:17:36

Hi,
How come some people on this forum are now audio gamers instead of membgers?
thanks!

2007-04-17 14:20:13

Hi again,
I have ust looked at my poste, and I am now an advansed audio gamer!
How come I am an advansed audio gamer instead of an advansed member?
Thanks guys!

2007-04-17 16:52:58

since you have to change the value multiple times, how would you do that with this boolean information(how do you "Unbeat" the boss without re-starting the game and fighting it again, not to mention getting back to it)?
and there tend to be hundreds, even thousands of these values present at one time and sometimes pass 15 or so still doesn't present it to you.

Official server host for vgstorm.com and developer of the Manamon 2 netplay server.
PSA: sending unsolicited PMs or emails to people you don't know asking them to buy you stuff is disrespectful. You'll just be ignored, so don't waste your time.