2018-01-02 11:01:57

Now for my own questions.   Because it's common for other games to do this, is there any new quests that open up after you clear the main quest line and defeat the final boss?   I want to make sure nothing is missed before new Game +.  As well, are there any special encounters that spawn after the final boss, as an optional boss fight?  Or does one appear in new game + (as some games do that).

*SPOILERS* 

Also, any purpose for Wilhelm's pickaxe from the reunited quest reward?  I don't think I've seen anything about using it in the mines before.

2018-01-02 11:13:47

How do you defeat the hydra, the guy regenerates, he has also good defence, I guess I could switch to warding rings, I am a warrior so I should be able to really do him in sharpish, but I just can't seem to do that without making things really bad.
If I focus on 1 tthing with everything I have I can basically bash him half in with 1 head but thats about it.
Everyone gets bashed up and then I die.
So what is needed to beat this boss, this is a boss a real big boss.

2018-01-02 11:17:12

Haven't done all the quest lines yet. For example the wolf pelt is not updating even though I have more than 20 pelts.

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2018-01-02 11:34:59

Hi.
Spoilers
I'm neutralicing the stones, I neutraliced the one in the Madranus Mausoleum, and the one in the Navincius Mausoleum. Where is the other? I'm searching but nothing.

2018-01-02 12:24:04

Hi.
Regarding not being able to go through the south gate in the city: You're not ment to do that, because that's where you came from at the beginning of the story. I was one of the beta testers of the game, and I've suggested a message telling that you won't go out of the south gate because... I think such message is important so the players don't get confused.
Regarding buying the game for a gift card: I'll take a look at this, and properly offer people to buy the game for an iTunes or XBox gift card, if that won't give me any issues. As I'm writing this, I'm not sure if gift cards can be shared between countries.
@liamkembleyoung about running the game on a Mac:
It runs fine if you're using a virtual machine. Making something to work with Wine will be looked at in the future, but I can't make any promises that it'll work in Wine.
Do you need any more explanations on how the radar works? Then I'll gladly do my best to explain this.
@Joseph: Thanks a ton for the quick update. You rock! big_smile

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2018-01-02 13:18:37

Ok, Completed the main quest line with most of the other quests as well. Only wolf pelt is not working and update seems to break my game rather than fixing it. tongue

Often we have no time for our friends, but all the time in the world for our enemies.

2018-01-02 14:36:48

Hi, I just bought the game last night and I am not sure of a couple of things.
Firstly I have found the mercenary! He has decided to come with me but I am unsure how to check if he really is with me.
Also what do the high and low pitch beeps mean?
Next, If I am going north and I press the right arrow key am I side-stepping east?
And one more!, When it tells me wall 1 does that mean it is one up arrow from me or just one square from me in some direction?
I am loving the game and bought it aftger listening to Liam's stream.
Atty

2018-01-02 14:57:15

Hey, an error occured when I tried starting the game.
---------------------------

An error has occurred.  Please notify the game creator of this error.  You can copy the entire error to your clipboard by pressing control + C.  Then you can paste it into an email by pressing control + V and send the email to [email protected].
System.Exception: Could not find an event with the name snapshot music master

at Ian.FModSoundContext.InnerGetEvent(String name, Boolean throwErrorIfMissing) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\FModSoundContext.cs:line 666

at Ian.FModSoundContext.Init() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\Sound\FModSoundContext.cs:line 78

at Ian.AHM.LoadFromDisk(IGameWorld ent) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\GameEngine\AudioHelperMethods.cs:line 274

at Ian.RPGStartup.InitWorld(RPGWorld ent, String adventureFolder, CombinedFile cf) in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 207

at Ian.RPGStartup.RunMainLogic() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 104

at Ian.RPGStartup.PerformStandardStartup() in C:\Data\Recent\Games\RPG\RPGStartup.cs:line 21
OK   

Greetings,
Ciri, the Witcher
(If you want to get in touch with me, contact me via twitter (ciri1240)

2018-01-02 15:09:00

Hi

@slj

I contacted apple with the same question, several months ago. This was the awnser i got: when for example i purchase a gift card in the netherlands, wheter this to be a xbox gift card, iTunes, or psn card for that matter, they aren't compatible with the stores of other countries.

There is one solution, wich will require an obstacle, and probably more.

When i want to purchase an xbox card for the danish xbox store. i have to look for an online shop selling digital xbox cards compatible for the danish store. I don't know if this link will help, but an amount of countries is listed, haven't looked into it myself for several months, but probably it works for you to use:

https://www.offgamers.com/game-card/con … mpaign=SEO

Again, hope it helps, gotta run now smile

Greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-01-02 15:19:20

hi,
So are the skills learned random in this game? Liams magical characters don't seem to have learned area magical attacks just yet, despite being midlevel. The demo had moves like choking darkness and breath of death.

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

2018-01-02 16:01:34

So i was thinking last night and wondering. Is it posib.e to create a battle mage similar to gwen? i really love that ermm combined class.

2018-01-02 16:11:26

A couple of questions. First, can someone offer some tips on getting through the heart of the forest maze, i get lost pretty easy. And second, do necromancers in this game get to summon corpses or not. Thanks.

2018-01-02 16:17:59

First of all, I am going to buy this gam within a week or so. I am trying to weight until the servier hits lightens a bit. Second, I have not read all of this topic. I am trying to not get the spoilers until I am ready for them. From what I can tell, this is in the first person point of view. Am I wrong? I doudt it, but still. Now to my main question, is most of that gig audo or is there lots of graffics included? From what I can tell, the graffics are coming later. If the audio is compressed, there is a lot of audio. Then again, if the audio is not compress, the audio is going to be a lot better then any game I have played before. Guess I am off for now before I make my self look my crazy than I am.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

2018-01-02 16:23:15

hi,

@cw

the perspective is from the first-person point of view. Right now, the game only uses audio, but in a later mayor update the graphics will be enabled as well. So the sighted computerusers can play by vision. This is in my oppinion the best take-off to release a game wich sighted and visually impaired people can play on an equal footing.

Hope this awnsers your questions a bit smile

greetz mike

Visit the following website to see what games we have:
http://www.nonvisiongames.com
Or the following English marketplace to see what retrogames and game merchandise I am selling:
https://www.retro-kingdom.com

2018-01-02 16:26:50

spoiler
I found all the stones but, now I need to meet at the Ulcano Mausoleum. I looked around their and went in to the tomb and took out the evil spirit that was their. I don't see Liam anywhere.
end spoiler
Has anyone noticed when you talk to hope theirs no dialog or a way to leave the conversation. It happened after I went and got rid of the evil spirit. I didn't come back up to the graveyard until i got rid of the spirit.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2018-01-02 16:57:34

I'll keep non-spoiler/pro-tip things first.

To those having trouble playing after updating, this is a Windows file permissions issue. We're trying to see if there's anything we can do about it on our end, but thus far it looks like it all has to do with where you locate the game. For best results we recommend installing on your local drive, not a removable drive, and in something like Documents or your Desktop, not Program Files. Hopefully we'll have some fixes for this soon so you won't have to worry about it though.

SpiralingWyvern: Sounds like you're a pro at this. Nice job on those pointers.

@Trajectory, #396: You've hit on a couple of important points here. The balance between giving players enough information to be useful, but not so much that it's burdensome, is one we strove for at all levels of designer nd it's always hard to find. Your point about the in-sight list is a good example. I suspect that if we included bearings for those items, some players would b happy, but others would be irritated as they would essentially have to listen to twice as much text. We erred on the side of less information here, since you can snap to those items and then check their bearing that way. In locations such as the forest, also remember that you can use the top-down map to search for openings in the "maze" walls.

Here's how my process would go in a situation like you described. I scan and hear that there are some skeletal remains, a Deepwood ranger, and a bandit cache. So I hit ctrl + A or d to snap around. First thing I see is twenty tiles away and there are multiple lines of brambles between me and it...well, I'm not going there, too much work. I snap again and find a bandit cache eight tiles away in a Rock Outcropping, and there are brambles between me and it. Great! Now I'm going to note the heading toward the item....it's Northwest of me? Cool. I am on a trail that heads east and west, so I'm going to face west and set off, listening for an opening to my north (my right, if I'm heading west). One of a few things will happen:

1. I will hear an opening that leads directly into that area where the cache is. I pass through it, use ctrl + A or D again to face the container, and walk up to it uninterrupted.

2. I hear an opening that leads me to a north/south trail along either side of the area the cache is in. If I couldn't find an opening on the east/west path I was on, I'll head north into this new trail, listening for openings on the proper side and, once I find it, proceed as described in the step above.

So the trick is, I'm not trying to find the container, per se. I'm orienting myself to the general location of the container, and then I'm trying to find a way into the area the container is in. Does that make sense? I think I'll do a more detailed navigation demo sometime once things slow down a little—maybe hearing me walk through this process will give folks some skills they can use. Obviously I have a lot more practice with this navigation system than most of you.

Regarding forward scan while moving NPCs are involved, which I think you may have alluded to but I'm not sure, that's one area where we've always been dissatisfied, but haven't yet been able to find a more elegant solution. Hopefully we'll come up with something for a future patch.

You made a great discovery with the wolf dens, and I'm kicking myself for not noticing it before—these sounds don't attenuate with distance. There's a good reason why, but I won't go into it here. Will try to get this changed in our next content patch.

***Spoilers and pro-tips below this point***

@Jayde #392: Some of when you will learn skills depends upon what other skills you learned, and when you learned them. However in general, units will learn their top-level skills no earlier than the upper twenties. What level is Gwen? There are definitely some fire skills you've yet to learn. As for Holy Warrior, I won't give you too much information—just that this is not a skill Alexia can learn through leveling up.

@BlindNinja#397: Congrats on beating the main story. Regarding romance...maybe you just weren't nice enough to anyone? I wouldn't write off the possibility of finding love, after just one play-through...

2018-01-02 17:19:18

@joseph is there a way to create a char like gwen i assume it's stat based or something?? always loved battle mages. I created a healer just to try it out. it's a lot hard cause of the squishy factor lol. but i like a challenge. and of course I stil have my main game going on as a warrior. but I' love to create a battlemage iff posible.

2018-01-02 17:24:20

Yeah, there's definitely romance of sorts in the game. My character and Gwen are practically a couple at this point. I've even made them an ice mage and a fire mage, respectively, so they've got that cool ice and fire combo going on as well.
Anyway, I'm off to have a second try at the final boss.

Perfectly balanced, as all things should be.
"Cause in a game of life or death, you either live, or you die."
"Wake the fuck up, samurai. We have a city to burn."

2018-01-02 17:31:29

Hello all.
First, thanks to Out of Sight Games for creating such a great game. I'm playing it all day and I'm not even close from finishing it yet, I'm taking my time, exploring, fighting, and leveling up.
Unfortunately, I'm stuck in a situation here, and I'd like some tips if possible, I spent all day yesterday trying to pass this part with no luck, so it'll be very helpful if anyone pointed me to the right direction.

***Note: spoilers ahead***

So in the treasonous letters quest, I found two of the letters, one in the camp right next to the great bridge, and the other in a tent inside the king's palace. I wasn't able to find the last letter yet. I searched in the palace with no luck.
Another issue is with freeing Wilhelm quest, and Rogarr Rabgurg quest. I didn't find a way to distract the guards other than pulling the lever in the gate house, but that doesn't unlock the sell doors. Also, after pulling the lever, and when I go back to talk with Wilhelm, the game freeze completely, and I have to close and open it again.
I don't know wether I'm doing the right thing and this is a bug, or there's something I've missed.
</spoilers>
All in all, it's a great game, and I'm definitely enjoying it.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

2018-01-02 17:35:36

@joseph Well I do in general try to be as nice as possible in any game I play, perhaps it's time for another run though. big_smile
Possible spoilers though.
I'm curious, is there a point at which classes stop learning new skills? I was debating whether or not to continue doing some grinding before a new game, restart keeping the same class or trying something else, but then there in also lies the question, what happens for the skills of the new class if you do pick something else in a new game plus? One thing I do find odd though is that Matthias has like 15 expertise that he can do nothing with at the moment, I'm wondering if I missed something important.

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2018-01-02 18:46:28

***Spoilers / Pro-tips below***

@Rockstorm #419: Sounds like you found a bug with Wilhelm's quest if the lever didn't unlock the doors. Please help me out by emailing this bug to the support [at] outofsightgames.com. I will also let you know that pulling the lever is not the way to distract the guards; if you haven't come up with a distraction for them yet, you should get a prompt about that when pulling the lever. You can still do it—that is up to you, just know that the guards won't be distracted.

@BlindNinja: Yes there is a point where you stop learning new skills, otherwise you'd keep learning skills forever which wouldn't be possible. However it's not a fixed point since it depends somewhat on if/when you purchase skill prerequisites that are required before you can auto-learn other skills. What level is Matthias? That amount of expertise is probably either due to him being an inordinately high level, or perhaps you missed an upgrade branch. Are there any skills left to purchase?

As for what happens to old class skills if you start a new game, while you should be able to try for yourself and find out, basically you keep the previously learned skills, but if you change class you should not learn any new skills from the previous class. Hope that helps.

2018-01-02 18:58:42

hi @SLJ what would be best for running the game on a virtual then on Mac? i'm not very techy so you'll have to tell me what to use lol

2018-01-02 19:00:42

Hmm, I completed the main story within a day after the purchase, definitely a lot of fun. I think I may have broken the quest "laying down the law" because I entered a bandit campsite and got jumped as expected but then I tried running away and it actually worked, and even though I've strolled up and down the entire deepwoods, both the forest and ruins map, and entered every bandit campsite I've seen, nothing seems to work.

Also Joseph I hope this can be expanded in the future. I want to visit Stonebay goddamnit! big_smile
Just saying because you have an awesome engine set in place. I could be reporting bugs and such of missing files but I think people already are doing so and it would just be redundant for me. Only one game-breaking bug that comes to mind. If you press enter and try to skip the battle synematics too fast or too often or something, the game crashes.
Seriously though thank you and your team so much for the amazing work. I hope the adventure continues ... time to go thumbs up every post you've made to give you some karma ... or well at least a couple of them.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2018-01-02 19:02:11

I have a few feature requests. I think these would be beneficial to anyone using a controller, which, I know, there probably aren't that many, but here goes anyway.

It would be nice to be able to re-order your attacks and abilities because when using a controller, you don't have access to the first letter nav, unless you want to keep awkwardly reaching for the keyboard. So sometimes you have to go down 5 or 6, and its 4 or 5 to wrap around from the bottom and go up due to the common ones available to all party members, like use item, rest and retreat.

The second one would be to optionally allow the player the ability to arrange their abilities in a grid, similar to the pokémon games. Really either that or the one above would do nicely. So you could have two columns maybe, and you could use right and left to get between them.

I would also love to see a favorites list both in and out of battle. This would transcend the barrier between characters, making any of their skills available. Currently, on the controller, click left stick does nothing,so maybe it could be layered like click the stick, then press the dpad in any direction to access that slot. You would then have a favorites menu where you could add or remove favorites.

And finally, the ability to walk as well as run when using the controller by just varying the amount you press the stick forward. Though I see a potential problem with this as looking at keys.config or whatever that file is called, these actions are separate and so, I thought of trying to combine them, i.e. put them both on the left stick, but it probably would cause a conflict, or cause unpredictable behavior, so I didn't.

Anyway, you guys have a hell of a product, and you guys have been doing an amazing job of answering questions both here and on twitter from lots of people, and I know things are hectic and crazy. So even if none of this ever comes to be, I still love the game and appreciate the hard work you guys have put, and continue to put into it, and making sure everyone has a good experience.

Facts with Tom MacDonald, Adam Calhoun, and Dax
End racism
End division
Become united

2018-01-02 19:07:05

@LordLundin, #423: Glad those references piqued your interest. I' not going to say anything more about that, but I will say that I definitely wanted players to walk away with a desire to see more of the world than AHC had to offer...

The point about Laying Down the Law is interesting...I'll need to test that. If you haven't, could you please email that bug to support [at] outofsightgames.com?

@IronCross #424: That's great feedback. Controller support is functional but definitely not as elegant as we'd eventually like, especially if we ever want to see a console release. So yeah, thank you so much for the feedback.