2017-07-31 04:21:51

The spirit fork penetrates enemy defences.
The higher blocking chance of hyper buster blade means that it is more likely to block incoming attacks even if it's not set to defensive mode.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-07-31 06:10:25

Well. I know what it's supposed to do in theory, but what I'm saying is that there doesn't seem to be a way to change modes on the hyper buster blade the way you can with the ones before it. And, in fact, it blocks absolutely nothing whatsoever. I thought hitting r would change the modes, but it doesn't change anything.

2017-07-31 06:40:33

Something might be bugged. I'll take a look at it.

2017-07-31 09:42:32

Okay, relative newbie here with a bunch of questions.

1. In I think stage 1.1 there's a locked door that's supposed to access the northern building (you start in the southern one). I have all the keys from that area, I think, but that door's still locked. Easter egg, necessary thing, super secret or red herring? Which is it?
2. Is there a trick to levelling up fast? I've reached 2.4 and the launcher thing just doesn't take any damage from my attacks. I've already been grinding a fair bit, and my attack's decent. I can damage it with the thing that fires plates, but the lowest I've gotten it to was about 42% health, and I don't really feel like playing that level for an hour while it spawns stuff, unable to hurt it.
3. People are talking about difficulty modes. Is this something you can only do once you beat the game once?
4. Is there a walkthrough/list of secrets anyplace? I find the platforming elements of this game tricky at times (I had all kinds of trouble getting back out of the courtyard, and a bit of trouble in that room where you get the rope as well), and I don't really feel like scanning every tile of every map for platforms so I can maybe find secrets, or maybe not.
5. I see a golden throwing knife in the fourth tutorial level. Can I get it yet, or is that not something I can do for awhile?
6. Are there cheats to this game, or only hidden stuff and secrets?

Yeah. I'll be back, you can count on it. I've just bought the translation dictionary and am having fun with the game, but it seems pretty unforgiving, at least at the moment. I've played it before, but never got past 6.1. I'm hoping with the translation now, those flying levels will be much, much easier.

Thanks in advance.

Check out my Manamon text walkthrough at the following link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/z8ls3rc3f4mkb … n.txt?dl=1

2017-07-31 09:58:21 (edited by assault_freak 2017-07-31 10:48:02)

1. In I think stage 1.1 there's a locked door that's supposed to access the northern building (you start in the southern one). I have all the keys from that area, I think, but that door's still locked. Easter egg, necessary thing, super secret or red herring? Which is it?

Red Herring!

2. Is there a trick to levelling up fast? I've reached 2.4 and the launcher thing just doesn't take any damage from my attacks. I've already been grinding a fair bit, and my attack's decent. I can damage it with the thing that fires plates, but the lowest I've gotten it to was about 42% health, and I don't really feel like playing that level for an hour while it spawns stuff, unable to hurt it.

The trick isn't levelling up, it depends on what stats you put those points into. If you use your long sword, you should be able to deal with the launcher if you've put enough into your attack stat. How much damage you deal / can soak up is entirely dependent on how you distribute your points.

3. People are talking about difficulty modes. Is this something you can only do once you beat the game once?

Yes.

4. Is there a walkthrough/list of secrets anyplace? I find the platforming elements of this game tricky at times (I had all kinds of trouble getting back out of the courtyard, and a bit of trouble in that room where you get the rope as well), and I don't really feel like scanning every tile of every map for platforms so I can maybe find secrets, or maybe not.

Unfortunately, there isn't a complete list that I know of.

5. I see a golden throwing knife in the fourth tutorial level. Can I get it yet, or is that not something I can do for awhile?

You can't get it just yet. you need to wait until you get the grappling hock after stage 8.

6. Are there cheats to this game, or only hidden stuff and secrets?

Not a whole ton. More in the way of secret allies you can summon after a certain point.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-07-31 10:24:39

I've came up with hiding something near the door, but not yet.

2017-07-31 11:06:21 (edited by flackers 2017-07-31 11:18:20)

@jayde, Liam Erven does a playthrough on youtube called let's play Bokurano Daibouken 3, It's worth watching for secrets, at least those Liam knows about. I'd watch it only as far as the point you're at so you don't have any spoilers, but it's good for tips and stuff you might have missed. It could also help you beat a level if you get really stuck. And it's pretty funny here and there. For some reason stages that drove me mad became really funny when Liam was being driven mad by them. I think Germans might have a word for this smile.
A few times I've thought about putting up an audio walkthrough of BK3 divided into stages because people tend to ask about the same bits  all the time, and Liam's vids are entertaining, but you have no idea which vid contains which levels so it's not a very good way to see how to get passed a level you might be stuck on. But people wouldn't be aware of it, and would still come here to ask questions, so it would be a futile gesture.

2017-07-31 17:52:59

People are most likely going to call me a ninny for asking this, but, why is shadow mode a thing on the magical ball? I mean you have light mode, which blocks attacks like the buster blades do, plus you can use it to heal, but shadow mode seems like it just shouldn't even be a thing. Only my opinion, of course.

2017-08-01 06:43:51 (edited by Jayde 2017-08-01 06:46:16)

Okay, um...I'm feeling pretty disheartened right now.

I have about 140 attack and about 120 defense, and just over 400HP. The boss in 5.4 kills me reliably in one hit if I get anywhere close to him. What the bloody hell am I supposed to do? He's above me, up a tree, and if I climb near him, I get insta-killed. The mini-demons running around down below aren't so bad, but the big guy...well, I was trying to lure him down the tree so I could just use that pachinko-shooter thing to plink him to death from a distance, but no such luck.
Could someone suggest a strategy? I'm getting just a teensy bit fed up at this point. If this is how murderous the game is on its natural (easiest?) difficulty, less than twenty percent of the way through, I'm starting to think we're going to have what I'm jokingly going to call "the gate" issues. i.e., stuff randomly appearing, doing massive damage, being unpredictable...murderously difficult platforming and enemy killing where you have to rely largely on luck to win.
Or hell, maybe this is a hard bit and everything for awhile gets considerably easier. I didn't have a ton of trouble with either that computer or the mudfighter, whatever it's called (he was a tank, but I got him). I thought I'd been grinding more than long enough, but evidently not.

So please, if you have a strat that works, let me know? I'd love to dig into this. I've been here before, and won before, but I don't remember how I did it, and don't precisely fancy another four hours killing security carts.

2017-08-01 08:05:18 (edited by derekedit 2017-08-01 19:49:59)

On my first playthrough, I tend to get all the iron balls I can and go up high enough to make him appear and start walking toward me. Then I just open a can. Just ball it to death. Some slight spoilery stuff ahead, for what it's worth.

Once you've finished the game, you'll get access to a weapon, that, if you take the time to level it up high enough, will basically be something of an easy button. That is to say, spend many, many long hours playing the bread crusher game with this thing and you'll see why it says what it does in the shop when you buy it. I can only guess with the mount of optional grinding there is in this game and the difficulty modes there are, a weapon like this was made so you can kill things fast and not have to spend a lot of time stuck on any one level. A few more things here. It's kind of funny that the item master, which brings all items dropped from kills to you shows up on a difficulty mode where there wouldn't be much need anymore for collecting any of the things it gathers, like the shooters and the silencer and such. I am pleased to see that it no longer brings time bombs to you. That was, er, strange.

2017-08-01 08:26:09

Remember you also have armour to block attacks with. Best strategy is to climb to the top of the tree, first using the camera to judge how high it is, and then once you get to the left, start heading to the left so the boss follows you. When he charges, drop off the tree back to the ground and he'll follow you. From there he's just as easy to take out as the other demons, just with more health.

2017-08-01 17:13:20

Or you can just lime ball the fucker. That's how PG13 did it.  Personally, I think it's harder to kill him on the ground. He has more room to charge. Another option is mining the tree. Not the top, but 1 square left or right of it.  I think I have found a bug. In 6-4,  if you use a mine, it will fall to zero, Thus, making the stage impossible to finish.

2017-08-01 17:26:44

I'd rather fight him with more range, because even if he's got room to charge, I can jump, and my pachinko thing can shoot him from a distance. It's fast, and takes down demons pretty quick. So I can see making that work. I didn't know of a way to reliably get him out of the tree, but yeah.

I'm getting the idea that the game blows wide open at some point, and makes the weapons I have right now look like child's play. Haha.

Can I assume that once I unlock/buy stuff on this first playthrough, I get to keep it for later? What about levels/stats? Like if I restart the game on a higher difficulty eventually, will I have all my HP and atk/def and all? I imagine not, since that would kinda make it too easy.

Anyway, thanks for the strategies. He seems to kill me reliably when I'm at the top of the tree (I guess he charges past me and hits me on the way or some such) so I guess I'll have to time it when he's on the right branch, then go to the left and hop off to get him to chase, then just rip him apart on the ground. I really don't fancy fighting him way up there, where one missed jump means nearly instant death.

I'm also kind of miffed at the rationale here. Twenty percent of the way through, and we have a boss that can one-shot you? That's...kind of brutal, isn't it?

2017-08-01 17:42:53

@amerikranian that bug was fixed in the last update, just yesterday
although yes I've wondered about that demon too, was it really supposed to be 15 levels higher than the others? at that stage of the game that's like 160 percent power

"You know nothing of death... allow me to teach you!" Dreadlich Tamsin
Download the latest version of my Bokura no Daibouken 3 guide here.

2017-08-01 18:57:12

The boss at 5-4 isn't really representative of how hard things are going to be from then on. It's just a tough hump to get over, then things ease off for a while. As nyanchan said the other day, you can drop out of that tree without taking any damage. When I first played 5-4 I too kept getting killed as soon as I got to the top of the tree. What I did in the end was as soon as I got up there, hit r to get off the trunk, and jumped over the boss to the left, ran a little way along the branch, turned and hammered it with the pachinko, then jumped back over it and ran over to the right turned and blasted it again, and just kept doing this til it was dead. It was just a matter of not hanging around for an instant giving that thing a chance to destroy you. Later on when you get more powerful, you'll just whack that thing into oblivion as soon as you get up the tree. I've said this before, this game is more difficult in normal mode when you have no experience and low power than it is in way higher modes. You kind of think games must always get progressively more difficult, but this doesn't, it has peaks and troffs.

2017-08-01 19:20:27

I agree with Jade in that it's much easier to take him down from a good distance away. He will only charge three tiles at a time, and he can also take out other demons with that same charge attack. Though honestly, this is the only hump to get over for a while, and you get enough levels just from killing this thing not to have any problems after this, as well as access to other weapons and equipment. Remember that armour is your friend in this game.

2017-08-01 19:35:38

If I'd known when I first played in normal mode the 5-4 boss would follow me out of the tree, that's definitely how I'd have done it too.

2017-08-01 19:42:04

I never got it to follow me out of the tree. It seemed like the boss just stood up there and waited for me to come back up, and it was always a couple of tiles away, which is why I just usually balled it instead of trying to fight with it.

2017-08-01 19:48:41

I put quite a bit into a previous message, so I'll ask this in its own message here. What is the point of the kicker shoes? I did a search, and the only reference I found to it was my own post. It seems like a lot of the items in the game are just sort of gimmicks. Is that what the kicker shoes are?

2017-08-01 19:51:51

Error in the game, in stage 22 the level of enemies between 1 and 79.
Is this normal or not?

2017-08-01 19:54:59

I don't know exactly what you mean... but yes, enemies should be around that range... but you shouldn't have that many problems if you are at stage 22. Most people are usually at least close to level 100.

2017-08-01 20:08:14

At this stage the enemies are both level 1 and level 80, I thought that they would all be 70 or 80 level.
Sorry: translated into English by Google.

2017-08-01 20:19:11

No... the enemies spawn at any level up to 80.

2017-08-04 00:29:22

Maybe I'm in the minority here but I'd love to see a penetrating weapon specifically for destroying magical barriers. Imo the flying levels that feature those are some of the most tedious and redundant in the game, because there are so many of them. There's no way that I know of to speed through those levels and just get it done quickly.

2017-08-04 00:58:04

Overload on missiles, fly slower, and just blast them out of your way as you go through them.