2017-07-15 11:41:57

Okay I confess I seem to be stuck, it's in the warehouse room in stage 1.2.

I can kill the first lamp, however I am not sure how to get to the y coordinate to kill the second  or even to the rest of the room.
There is a ledge at 44-4 I think, but jumping across  does no good, I drop down to row three and end up stuck around space 48 where the lamp kills me from above. I cannot jump up because I hit my head on something, and there doesn't seem to be a way to jump cross from 44-4 to the area where the lamp is.

I've tried using my sword but no good.

in general I do wish the game had a look function to examine what is around you since this is the second  I've been unsure of layout after  courtyard room in 1-1 with the iron balls which I had to quit the game to get out of.

Any help much appreciated and appologies if I'm being overly dim here.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-15 12:02:33 (edited by flackers 2017-07-15 12:12:04)

Dark, there's a camera you can use to examine the environment for platforms, it just doesn't mention it in the tutorial. If you hold down g and arrow around you'll hear a deeper solid beep for walls and platforms. And later in the game after you get the grappling hook, it makes a doo doop noise for platforms you can't hook up to. Also re your previous post, walking helps restore stamina but not health. The only way to restore health is to either make it to the end of the level or take a health potion.
Quite a bit of stuff isn't mentioned in the tutorial. Run the readme through google translate. There's a lot in there that's useful. I found I had to copy and paste it section by section into a new .txt file then translate it a bit at a time using the translate document feature. For some reason if I tried to translate the whole thing in one go, it only did the top part. Hope that helps. You're going through an identical learning curve to mine. Remember at the end of stage 1, after you unlock stage 2, you need to go back into stage 1's menu to get a new weapon from yammagin. Don't know how to spell his name. The shops always appear as the last item on the list of levels after you beat a stage, but sometimes they don't unlock straight away.
And you might find it useful to watch Liam Erven's Let's Play Bokurano 3 videos on youtube. Probably best to watch them bit by bit after you've had a good go at the stage yourself for any things you might have missed otherwise they'll act as spoilers, but there's loads of useful tips about secrets and stuff in there. And they're great if you're really stuck.

2017-07-15 12:21:37

Hi Flacus.

Thanks for the info. I'd rather not start on playthroughs and the like until I've got a reasonable ways myself, so if you have an immediate suggestion as regards stage 1-2 I'd appreciate knowing.

tIt seems rather odd that the game is translated  the readme isn't, indeed I sort of assumed that the readme didn't say much and most instructions were in the game itself.

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

2017-07-15 12:24:57 (edited by JasonBlaze 2017-07-15 12:26:49)

ah that one you have to cross  the room and get  the box, its hard on the first time, but try to learn the layout, and the movement of the lamp
remember, the detection menu and the camera is really helpfull

2017-07-15 13:17:05

It is really tricky when you don't know the layout. You're stuck in a little box with a kind of half lid over the top. It's hard to explain. If you go forward, you have the half cover over the top, so you need to back up and try to jump up onto the ledge. One thing I would say is once you get out of the box, you're at either 6 or 5, then there's a small step down at 4 on the y, then another step down to a longer platform at 3. If you want to kill that lamp, you need to be on the little ledge at 4, the same height as the lamp. You can kill it with the sword, but your timing needs to be perfect. I think a better weapon is the sassamata, again don't know how to spell it. Hopefully you got this from breaking the box in the staff room where the first bunch of keys is.

2017-07-15 13:45:20

Okay I'm trying out the camera, but the way it works seems odd, for example sometimes I hit a wall and then hold g and right arrow  I hear the sound for free space, this is why I've still not  worked out where to go in 1-2, since it seems there isn't a way to get up to row 4 where the lamp is in order to kill it with my sword.

2017-07-15 14:00:45

The little cavity you're trapped in goes from 45, 3, to 48, 3. If you walk all the way to 48, the lamp can hit you, but you can't jump up there because there's two solid squares directly above. What you need to do is back up to 47, 3, where you're safe. Now use your camera to go forward 1 then up 3, you should hear empty space in front at 48, 3, then two solid squares above at 48, 4, and 48, 5. You need to stand at 47, 3, then jump up to 48, 6, which is on top of those two squares. It's not as easy to jump up to as it is jjumping up just one square, so that's why it's awkward in that little trap.
Also I just noticed something weird with the camera at that point: if you stand at 48, 3, and move the camera one square in front, you should hit a solid wall because you can't walk any further, but instead it plays the sound for empty space.

2017-07-15 14:15:35

"Flacus, thanks for checking that. I think the playing of that empty space sound instead of the wall was partly why I was getting confusing at the camera, it's fixed now, I have the rope so everything is goodactually I'd missed the weapons in 1-2 and if I'd had the plate thrower I probably would've been in less distress here big_smile.

Btw, if you don't mind one more question, how do you get more amo for  plate thrower? and indeed how do you check how much amo you have for it?

2017-07-15 14:27:16 (edited by flackers 2017-07-15 14:35:14)

Plates for the plate launcher will be in one of the shops that will get unlocked later. I think the amount of ammo shows up in collection items. That's where coins are anyway. All the problems you're experiencing are exactly the same ones I had too smile.
You'll spend a lot of time in this game saying WTF in a high pitched voice. It's maddening and brilliant in equal measure.

2017-07-15 15:13:57

flackers wrote:

You'll spend a lot of time in this game saying WTF in a high pitched voice. It's maddening and brilliant in equal measure.

Rofl, +1 from me.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-07-15 15:47:28

Well that is true. Right now it's ---- you've guessed it, that bloody bear!

I can avoid most attacks by swapping sides but I am wondering if I'm actually doing any damage since however many times I hit the dam thing, the hp on the object scan still shows as %100 and I get the same sound for hitting it as I do for hitting a wall with my weapon,  I have got fourty or so hits in, either the hp display is not working correctly or I'm doing something wrong somewhere, ---- btw over fourty hits from me on the thing and yet one hit from the bear and I am squished? and I thought the grey lady in the gate was bad big_smile.

Btw, yes, maddening and yet addictive though again this is probably why I might see about a separate db page for the English translated version since then I can at least answer one or two more basic mechanics questions such as the  use of the camera and where to get ammo for weapons.

2017-07-15 16:10:35

What are your stats looking like? Either not enough attack or defense can really really hurt you in this game.

Silly Gohan, animals don't eat people. People eat animals.

2017-07-15 16:27:04 (edited by raven 2017-07-15 16:28:01)

Ammo for the plate launcher you find in 1.1 can be gotten by getting the weapons from the box again.

For the bear, along with stats, try multiple weapons. Certain weapons work more efficiently than other ones in term of the bosses.

2017-07-15 18:36:16

Dark, it sounds like you are forgetting to level up. Every now and then after you defeat an enemy you'll hear a distinct musical chime... that's your cue to hit l and level up your stats.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-07-16 02:33:08

There is a need for level-grinding, sometimes. I find attack, defense, and hp most useful early on, unless you're using the plate launcher a lot, but a more strategic spread quickly becomes necessary, for example a lot of tactical items require more points in tech. Actually, did you get the iron balls from 1.1? I don't remember if they're more effective against the bear at this point or not, but they do come in handy later.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-16 04:53:09

Thus far I've been even in stat points which is probably a good idea over all but not a good idea originally big_smile.
I suppose it's grind city for me then, though at least if I can get more amo for the plate launcher by getting it again I can grind and do something useful at the same time.

I could not get the iron balls because it seems they are on ledges that are higher than I can reach, hell I still cannot find a way out of that area if I go too far into it, it seems you get stuck down a gap that is too high for you to jump up again.

Edit: okay I did kill the bear. It actually turned out what I needed to do was use the combat log, since unfortunately it seems there is no other way of knowing when weapons do zero  to an enemy, eg, the rope can kill insects but can't do green slimes. It seems you can only damage the bear with the pipe or the plate thrower, and I didn't realize you had to go back and get the plate thrower again to get more ammo.

Still no luck getting those iron balls, indeed I have had to exit again from that area since it seems there is no way out without either the ability to jump higher or climb ledges. I suspect I am missing something in the jump controls (really after translating the entire game it seems odd the readme isn't translated too since I would've thought that would be relative easy and unfortunately the tutorial does not seem to go into enough detail on a lot of commands).

I am however now on stage two and tangling with the desks. Annoyingly it now seems I can't! get more plate thrower ammo from the first stage. Still I am soldiering on.

2017-07-16 08:15:53

IIRC, the 1.1 area is like the 1.2 platform trap in reverse, where you need to be one step away from the wall, jump, and move horizontally near the peak of the jump.

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-07-16 08:51:29

Dark, for that area, you need to make use of the camera with the g key to map out where you are. for 1.1, go to coordinates 36-0 where, in that area you get stuck. Jump up to the left onto a ledge, and from there you should be able to jump repeatedly to your right to find the higher ledges and the iron balls. Also remember that you don't have to always rely on your plate launcher. Look at the weapon stats... many of them will do more damage as you increase your attack stat. Remember also to get your long sword from the stage 1 shop.

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-07-16 09:32:28

Ahoy all.

Downloading the game,once again.
Lets hope this time I manage to finish this to 25.4 at least,without either getting to 25.1 and realiseing that I am missing many items like medkits/potions etc,or losing the save file.
Third times the charm and all that....
lol
Grryf

Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been.
Follow me on twitter

2017-07-16 10:19:10

Hi Assault freak, thanks for that, I got the balls, that is cool, though it is a little irritating my plate thrower is out of plates and I can't get anymore.
what I meant in terms of weapons was that the bear only seems to be affected by the plate thrower and the bat, the rest of the weapons do zero damage (or at least the shortsword, longsword and masamata do) and the bat does four hp a hit, which, given the bear has I believe something around 1200 hp is not going to be exactly too effective big_smile.

With other weapons I'm alternating the long sword and rope, the rope for lamps, the long sword for most other things, since it seems the damage on the massamata isn't good enough and my attack stat means the bat is now less damaging than either sword even though it has a higher over all damage.
That being said, I will confess the grinding is getting a little  tedious, given I'm level 12 currently, and yet am still! having to hit those desks waaaay too many times to kill them as compared to the damage they do and the number of them there are, indeed I have lots of coins and nothing to spend them on so far big_smile.

2017-07-16 13:06:54

Hay Dark, sorry you're having a hard time.
I had the same problem to, until I found out that I could place the bat and the other items I got from the box in 1-1 in storage, and the box respawned.
Keep doing this until you have somewhere around 30 plates, and the bare should fall easily.
Later!

2017-07-16 13:51:01

Hi.
I'm stuck in 5.4, the boss level.
At first, I kill few of those small creatures on the ground, using red pachinko balls.
Then, I climb to the tree to kill the bigger one. I could kill him, but those small creatures climb after me and kill me.
What can I do, how can I kill the boss without being killed?

2017-07-16 14:57:43

A small hint: Falling from the top of the tree actually does not hurt you.

I don't speak as good as I write, and I don't listen as good as I speak.

2017-07-16 16:54:31

@dark
I recommend you leaving the plates for 2.3.

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-07-16 19:26:55

Thanks for the advice.
the thing with the plates is rather odd, indeed it sort of surprises me you don't get access to an ammo shop earlier than this, nevertheless they probably would help against those desks since right now even with my longsword they're just taking faaaar too many hits to kill, this is why I'm still on 2.1 since while I've managed to make it past the falling light bulbs and to the room  where you need to climb the  ledges to hit  the switch I died in seconds after activating it.

With the bear, given that as I said since most weapons seem to do zero damage and the bat only does four a hit it seems using the plates is a must, though I'm guessing the iron balls work too, still the plates and iron balls are too valuable to  waste on trying to farm the bear for xp.

A few hundred more monster murders should do it,  so it's back to school for me to do my detention :d.

Edit: Okay I  stuck the two plate launchers in the item warehouse and went back to the staffroom, but that box with the weapons still isn't back. There is a striped box at 5-8, but I can't get up there.