2017-06-04 05:10:11

Hey, for anyone who doesn't follow us on Twitter and isn't subscribed to our Youtube channel, we just posted a short demo with a little bit of dialogue from the game. Just a little something out of the first batch of processed VO back from our VO editor. More to come as we receive more, but hopefully this will be an enjoyable sneak peek for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1muxa4 … e=youtu.be

2017-06-04 05:50:24

Love it!

Discord: clemchowder633

2017-06-04 07:10:13

This sounds awesome! I can't wait for this game! I have a feeling this is going to be the best RPG we've ever had.

Grab my Adventure at C: stages Right here.

2017-06-04 08:00:04

Oh... My... Goodness!!! Just. Wow!. I loved this. I, for sure, would love to hear more. I really can't wait for the game. Great work. Congrats to all participating in this project!!!

2017-06-04 08:45:38

it's great

2017-06-04 10:38:48

wish i'd had the t to lend my talent to this title ... but life got in the way ... great job

2017-06-04 10:54:07

I have good voice talent myself.  hope to, some day, make my voice heard in an audio game.

2017-06-04 11:27:59

just heard the other videos on the channel relating to the language translation feature, how would i set-up my screenreader to switch to another language profile, was it nvda that was used? can someone let me know how i'd set this up.

2017-06-04 12:17:58

I have noticed something... When there wqas a dialogue with the Goblin there wasn't any echo. Will it be added in the postproduction?

If you want to contact me, do not use the forum PM. I respond once a year or two, when I need to write a PM myself. I apologize for the inconvenience.
Telegram: Nuno69a
E-Mail: nuno69a (at) gmail (dot) com

2017-06-04 12:29:10

sounds really good

2017-06-04 12:57:07

The more of this stuff I hear, makes me glad that I backed this project. Like people have said I think this is going to be the best RPg for blind gamers ever and the fact it is for the sighted as well makes it even better. I can't wait for more to become available for us to here.

2017-06-04 13:05:03

It's so difficult to wait for the release. This is going to be the best audiogame ever. this will be the best in the history of audiogames. It's going to be so great...
@wlomas: You can read more at the following link:
https://blindgamers.com/Home/JGTUserGuide

Best regards SLJ.
Feel free to contact me privately if you have something in mind. If you do so, then please send me a mail instead of using the private message on the forum, since I don't check those very often.
Facebook: https://facebook.com/sorenjensen1988
Twitter: https://twitter.com/soerenjensen

2017-06-04 13:25:41

Great voices over there! Great work, i'm waiting for the game as much as everione else does.

Hail, Daughter of Hatred. Creator of Sanctuary. Hail...Lilith.

2017-06-04 14:09:40

This is really, really great it gets me more excited and can't wait for the release. As I always say and it's my feeling, this will be the best audio game ever in the audio games history. Many thanks to you guys who brought this great rpg game to the blind comunity which will be the best.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-06-04 14:30:03

Thanks for all the kind words, guys. Here I was worrying that this demo was going to fall flat because it's such a small sample of the range of voices and characters in the game. Instead, you're all hyping the game so much, if you're not careful, there'll be so much hype that no game could ever hope to live up, haha. Here's hoping we don't disappoint!

Nuno69: There isn't a goblin in the demo so I assume you're referring to the part where he says, "I can't believe it—you're no goblin!" I think we've discussed environmental reverb before, but here's the recap: one of the things on our sound designer's very full plate is working on environmental reverb profiles for the different game environments. The reason we aren't promising that this will be included is that it's actually proving very difficult to get environmental reverb to work in such a way that it gives the realism we're looking for and doesn't sound overly artificial. I do think we're going to get there, but we're not so committed to it that we will include it in the release even if it doesn't sound good. Considering that an RPG with fully-voiced dialogue is already a rarity in the world of accessible gaming, here's hoping that minor aesthetic touches like environmental effects won't be enough to make or break the experience. But I do hope we'll be able to get them tailored to our satisfaction.

2017-06-04 15:36:55

can't wait to see part 2 of the voices!!!.

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-06-04 15:44:10

Almost wish I hadn't listened to that. It's so awesome it makes me all the more anxious LOL.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-06-04 18:40:50

Joseph,
Thanks for the audio update.
I figure these are the bare mono files of voices that will be placed in the stereo field as you walk by them.
I've played some games without complex environmental reverb.
They have two sound files, one with echo and one without.
When the voice is played in a room it has the echo, and if outside it does not.
It is crude but effective, but also almost doubles the size of the sound library.

2017-06-04 19:42:20

This is going to be so awesome. Can't wait for the release.

If you like what I do, Feel free to check me out on GitHub, or follow me on Twitter

2017-06-04 20:14:34

Phil: Actually no, these are all taken from conversations with NPCs. So what you're talking about are what we'd refer to as "ambient dialogue" which is placed in the stereo field at the unit's location. But then when you talk to a character you get all their dialogue right in front of you. That's what you're hearing here—so for example, you might tell the mercenary, "I don't need your services," at which point he says, "I'll just have another mead, then—maybe that will help this headache."

As for the reverb idea, it's definitely one way of doing things, but really isn't an option once you're looking at trying to get all sounds, including sounds played in the stereo field, to have consistent environmental reverb for a given space. Anyway, our sound guy is on top of it and has told me all sorts of stuff that's way over my head—it's just a pretty in-depth and time-consuming process, and takes a lot of trial and error to get right.

2017-06-04 21:00:31

Joseph, As always great job! I am so glad I backed the project and supported great talents out there!

Regarding the spacial audio, it will be great to have full VO in the stereo / HRTF field like when you're talking to your party members and hear them on the left / right, it will give more realism to the game.

Twitter
Add me on Steam
Discord: lirintheblindguy
BattleTAG: Lirin#21759

2017-06-06 16:47:24

you know even if it were released with the audio like it was on youtube, it'd still be epic!

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-06-06 17:13:23

*gasp*
That gorgeous African-sounding voice talking about mead was a mercenary? That one just about made me melt into a puddle!

I loved all the voice clips. You have some real talent there!

2017-06-06 17:16:14

Haha, when I first heard Gary's voice (the mercenary at the end) I was like, "Daaaaaang." I asked him if his voice is naturally that deep—it is, by the way. Glad you liked it.

2017-06-06 17:16:23

No argument there.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!