2017-06-08 17:59:06

Hi
If answering them is possible, I have 2 questions regarding the game:
1. Do enemies have unique attacks, like being them not available for characters and classes to perform, specified for each enemie's style?
2. As a necromancer, if I revived a fallen enemy, will it be revived as a skeleton with undead like special attacks, or it'll be its same form and abilities?
Thanks!

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-06-08 18:57:08 (edited by david_solomon1 2017-06-08 18:58:35)

It would be a simplistic game indeed if the enemies didn't have their own set of attacks. I can't imagine that going for a mainstream experience they would take that approach, unless they were trying to emulate Dragon Warrior I or something. Even then, the dragons still had a fire breath attack.

As for the necromancer, I assume by the sound design demo available that you won't actually be reviving enemies, but instead summoning skeletons. There's an ability in the sound design demo that sounds like a skeleton clawing it's way up from the ground, and that demo was to showcase the sound design of the class specific skills. They could end up having both abilities as in Diablo 2 though.

2017-06-08 19:09:28

Not only that but the Magicians and Wizards and other similar enemy types could use magic against you. Heck, that Axe Knight guarding Erdric's armor could put you to sleep and then just go to town on you. I actually saw a Let's Play where that happened and the guy didn't even get an attack in but got killed in three or four hits.

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!

2017-06-14 00:36:18

is it me or does Gwen                                                                                                                  sound a bit like Bastla from knights of the old republic?

PSN ID: AvidLitRPGer
Twitter: https://twitter.com/AvidLitRPGer
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AvidLitRPGer
leave me a message saying how you found me.

2017-06-14 01:15:23

sad
Never heard of the game/film/anime or other thing is that, but guen sounds nice. I think she has an russian acent or a german one, or i didn't listened correctly to her smile

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts. There are seven words that will make a person love you. There are ten words that will break a strong man's will. But a word is nothing but a painting of a fire. A name is the fire itself."

2017-06-14 02:46:15

I won't say anything about the specific skill set of the necromancer class—I think that for a lot of people, discovering the different abilities of the different classes will be one of the most fun parts, so I don't want to give anything away. I will say that some enemies, particularly humanoid enemies, will use attacks that can be learned by different player controlled classes, but plenty of enemies have unique skills as well.

I never really thought about it, but yeah, Gwen's voice does remind me of Bastila a bit. I'm trying to figure out when and where I told you her name was Gwen, until I remembered that she's referred to by name in the demo.

2017-06-14 02:51:27

It would e cool if the person who played Bastila played Gwen.

2017-06-14 02:58:09

Ha, we definitely do not have that kind of money. That said, I think she's definitely good enough to be in triple-A games, but nobody in our cast has made it to that level of commercial success...yet!

2017-06-14 04:25:23

pardin me fore saying this, but she does sound pritty cute. lol

Blindness isn't a disability, but a diffrent way of seeing things

2017-06-14 16:09:09

All of the main characters of the game were cinematized in the AHC trailer along with a sampling of what you could expect them to have for skills. They were named in the credits of the youtube video. So technically we already know who the main characters are and have a rough idea of what abilities they have. We've also seen them demonstrated quite extensively in the combat demo, which as far as I know is no longer available but which was posted long before the kickstarter campaign. The equipment audio demo also shows the characters by name at least and we're given a rough idea of what class they are when Joseph demonstrates what equipment might be best for them.

I'd say that's plenty of teasers.

2017-06-14 17:24:52

Some, but not all classes. Eg Haven't seen any teasers regarding the necromancer or the warrior to be specific, though I do totally agree with Joseph, I hate to know the list of skills each class can perform, the fact that this will be a big spoiler, but a simple teazer of what to expect from a certain class won't be that bad.

Kind regards!

Add me on battle.net and let's have fun, region is Europe, my BattleTag is: Hajjar#21470
By reading my post, you agree to my terms and conditions :P

2017-06-14 18:14:34 (edited by david_solomon1 2017-06-14 18:15:01)

Characters, not classes. Though the necromancer class was demonstrated in the talisman quest demo. Each character excluding the one created by the player has a pre-existing class, as you can see in the features list on outofsightgames.com.

2017-06-14 19:51:51

will this game be downloaded, or will it be on a disc? i was slightly confused as i did see rewards for backing this campaign offerring a hard copy.

Why didn't the Romans find algebra difficult?
because x is always 10!

2017-06-14 20:32:00

From what i understand, the collector's edition will be on a disc, but you wll also be able to download the normal game.

2017-06-14 20:47:50

That was rather rude! This forum's stop bots process chopped off a lot of my message, which totally changed the crux of the message! I'm too lazy to re-write it, though, so I decided to just delete it, but I'll summarize the thoughts I expressed in that post and say that while character trailers would be fine, I really love that Joseph et al are keeping things a secret. Now lets see if the stop bots process will retain this text! (Slightly annoyed by the forum's faulty code)

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-06-15 14:46:22

Hmm, new idea for a character: Kai the Robot, who wields a 2D12+20 Sword of Indomitable Might...

Aaron is right; the standard means of acquiring the game will be through digital download. The collectors' edition, offered as a donation incentive, is really more of a novelty—it's not something we intend to be a major means of purchasing the game or anything. Just something cool to have as a memento for supporting the campaign.

2017-06-15 15:53:03

FYI. 2 D12 stops being powerful after level 10. Trust me, I know. I have it, and we're about to die, ur, fight the final boss. It would be funny if robot would be voiced, though that would bring another meaning to the word weird.

2017-06-15 22:29:41

Hi, I'm 1 of the ones that purchased the special in game items pack via the KS. I can't wait to play. It's gonna be so fun.

2017-06-16 11:28:06

I'm down here on level 17 of the Caverns of Thrul'Gor, fighting the Monster of the Stream, and damn, this bastard has armour! What's worse, I died because, despite wielding my 2d12+20 sword of indomitable might... I rolled a 1! He has over 80 slashing armour, so I only dealt 21 damage which didn't even pierce his scales! He then retaliated with his Bash of the Troll and roll an 8d8+17, instantly killing me because I only had 37 HP left, and he managed to roll 96 with his 8d8! I'm returning this game!

Kai

Spill chuck you spots!

2017-06-19 02:19:05

Wait, I'm a bit confused with that last post. What's going on?

2017-06-19 03:18:32

what's a 2 D12?

2017-06-19 03:29:45

Lol. It's called sarcasm. 2d12 refers to rolling to 12 sided dice. In dungeons and dragons, you use many differently sided dice, most common being a d20. There are even d100s, though they're not too terribly common from what I recall.

Take care, it's a desert out there.

2017-06-19 12:49:55

a 2 D12 for a weapon hit is substantial.
You roll a 12 sided dice twice and add up the scores so your hit on your opponent scores from 2 to 24 hit points.
That is enough to kill most lower level creatures and players.

2017-06-20 00:45:07

It's an inside joke, guys. Way back when, Kai (sarcastically) said something about wanting a 2d12 + 20 Sword of Indomitable Might (I think that was it, anyway) and now we're just being goofy. And yes, D100s are a thing—it's almost a sphere. The Call of Cthulhu RPG is the only tabletop game I know of offhand that uses one.

2017-06-20 18:13:38

Yeah I've seen some of those dice since my brother used to be an avid D&D player. I think he still likes to break out the game from time to time. He and I have played once or twice within the last ten years. In fact I remember our last game went rather disastrously LOL. Our party didn't even make it far beyond the walls of the city as I recall. Good times...

But wait, what's that? A transport! Saved am I! Hark, over here! Hey nonny non, please help!