I have the autostop set for fields since I already lost about five haulers through hitting nebula fields by mistake.
I'll try combat drones though last time I checked they were pretty useless, indeed even with the cloak, last asteroid field I was in I target an of the enemy ships since I was told they were too far away whejn I tried ec, thoug I suppose a direct scan might have worked.

Really though how come there is only one ship with a cloak? heck the help file suggests a frigate for harvesting but when I tried a frigate I died in seconds due to not having a cloak. and come most ships don't have weapons anyway? hell I have weaponry skill max for my level at 4.5 but none of the ships I've seen have any weapons anyway other than beam cannons and lasers ---- oh and misisles in the secondary control room which means I can't use them anyway.

methinks there really! needs to be some balance here, especially in terms of what activities are recommended when and what ships are available, not to mention the necessity of the cloak.

I also don't like the fact that basically if I do get a ship destroyed I have to spend bloody ages running around buying a bunch of upgrades from a hole lot of different shops just to try something again!

And of course all this assumes I can find! an asteroid in the first place since hell there seem barely any of the things out there!

Edit: okay meteor chasing is also a big fat bust as I thought since by the time I've jumped to whatever sector and travelled to uncharted the dam storm has passed, or at least there have never been any storms there when I've checked. Again, probably better by the time I can use more warp skill, in which case why the hell is it recommended at level 110?

I confess the game is getting very frustrating around now!

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
Our souls with high music ringing; O men! It must ever be
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

Yes, some work needs doing, but I really do not what to tell you. Only other thing I would suggest is to upgrade your weapon range, but I am not to sure how good that would be for you seeing that you had problems with the combat drones. Last month or so, I took my heavy miner into a planetoid field to blow up a few planetoids only to limp back on warp to abattle station to repair a hull breach, a completely destroyed engine, and a completely destroyed landing gear. Now days, I take my star blazer out to planetoid fields simplely because of cloak and the weapons. Of course, that ship has good shields and good armor on it. I agree with you, some adjustment needs doing.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.
DropBox Referral

Well I do hope the game gets rebalanced here since this is actually discouraging me from playing as right now it seems the only space activities I can do with any sort of reliability are salvaging, passenger transport and orbit cleaning, which are all very well but pretty boring if that is all I can do until I hit level 300 or so and have a ship with fast enough warp to find those sodding meteors or high enough defenses to survive in asteroid fields (assuming I find the dam asteroid fields in the first place).

With our dreaming and singing, Ceaseless and sorrowless we! The glory about us clinging Of the glorious futures we see,
That we dwell in our dreaming and singing, A little apart from ye. (Arthur O'Shaughnessy 1873.)

Thumbs up

Well just as an extention to the above winjing, I am very pleased that now asteroid fields are easier to find, at least last time I looked I found one no problem.

I did run into something of an odd situation snice I decided to try illiminating the enemy first, but didn't have enough scan to actually get their positional information, likewise I'd missed a harvesting upgrade, but we'll see how things go once I've bought those.

I do wish there were better weapons on the hauler, or that another ship with a cloak was available since it really does seem the cloak is %100 necessary for survival, on the other hand if I can grind away a vacus warship with my pee shooter from hiding and then be free to haul it might work out okay.

Thumbs up

355 (edited by ironcross32 2017-03-21 02:40:00)

the link for the VIP soundpack isn't good, and I'm not downloading BT Sync just to get it from there, that thing is a huge resource hog, anybody have a link that is good, that doesn't require me to download BT Sync?

*** P.S ***

The setup-twitter thing isn't working for me. It's giving me a URl that's not really a URL at all, just weirdness. I can't navigate to it.

Friend me on Steam
and follow me on Twitter

Thumbs up