2016-12-30 18:41:17

Correction,

Braillemaster has to be [email protected]

It seems that this handle is excluded from my mailserver.

Sorry for the trouble.

By the way, it is easy to track me down.

:d

2016-12-31 12:52:31

Hi Aprone, I am wringing on behalf of me, and some other players.  I've noticed, long with others that armor is getting damaged more often.  It sems like the armor for all types is getting easier to damage.  This isn't good especially when finding the armor is hard to do.  Hope you can check into this and fix this if indeed something went wrong that is causing armor to get damaged more often. Thanks

2016-12-31 13:30:14

well if it's getting damaged more often then it needs to be easier to find.

2016-12-31 18:14:47

None of the recent changes affected armor durability, but I have a feeling I know why people have noticed a difference.  Zombies pack more of a punch these days, so players are more likely to have their health drop below 75% (is the line 75% I cannot remember).  As a result, armor seems to break more easily than before when actually armor hasn't changed at all.

That's my theory anyway.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-01-01 14:46:16

yeah it is 75% so can you either make the armor tougher or make it easier to find? increase the loot drops?

2017-01-01 22:51:12

i'm guessing here, but i'm going to guess that the answer is, no. aprone updated the game to make the zombies harder, and tougher, for a reason. lol. armor isn't that hard to find if you bother to go out looking for it. as for getting below that 75% point and breaking, well, don't let it get that low? heal yourself. and if you don't appear to have the health to survive in a place, either don't go there, or use skill points to up your hp so as you can take more hits beforre you get too low. personally, i haven't seen much more in the way of armor breaking. think in the whole time since the updates, i've only seen maybe one bit damaged, not even break. the only touch part, is if you do happen to die, it's offen the case that you won't be able to buy a set of armor for yourself. even if low set.  and if nobody is around or able to give you a set of what you need, that makes things hard. but hey, it's swamp. it's designed now to be tough. lol. i do think that the purchasable armor in safe zones needs to be reworked. seems rather random and useless at the moment. other then a couple bits in a couple SZ. it might make it more possible to deal with death and having to rebuild if you could at least start with a full set of lower armor or something. specially if you happen to be trapped on say map 5 or something. you do need something of use to protect you, cause they god damned hurt on that map. ahaha. the other thing i've considered asking aprone, is making it possible so that when you die, either of two things happen. either you get a reset point to use if you need it, or your points are reset automatically. this way, you have the chance to set yourself up to start with, in a way that's of use. for example. if i die, and all my focus of my weapon points is in a weapon i don't have. that makes things almost impossible to deal with. and or any other potential reason you might need to reset after death, to give youself a better chance of rebuilding. and, before i get blasted for such an idea, LOL, my point would be this. if i die, and i have lost all my stuff, what good is it in having points in something i don't have and can't use?
I thankfully don't die much any more, but that's not to say i won't. and when i do, unless i happen to have a reset point handy, then it makes things rather tough if i don't have somebody to help me kit out again.
Or, the other idea i had, is if you die, no matter where you die, maybe it should be set up so that on death, you restart on map 1. this way, you're not going to be trapped on map 5 or 4 or what ever, and you have the chance of starting your collection fresh from map 1 at least.
either one of these ideas, or a combo of them, could be useful. but i dout aprone want's to make armor any stronger, as it's already possible to walk through huge swarms without taking much damage. and i don't think drop rates need to be increased. as ultimately, that would cut into drop rates of other things, and then he'd be getting bitched at for their drop rates dropping.
don't know if you agree with any of that aprone, but there you go. my 2 cents worth.
maybe with inflation, that should be upgraded to $2 worth? LOL

2017-01-02 00:17:07

@keba you already start out at map 1 if you die.
Also I wish that armor could be easier to find or less likely to break, but oh well sad
so not renewing my account until there's a major update to either castaways or swamp or any future Projects.

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube
Leave a thumbs up if you like what I write.

2017-01-02 00:49:54

Can someone explain the difference between the diiferent shotguns like Spas 12 and striker other than the striker can hold more, es there a difference in power or range between the Ak 47, across, and the other asault rifles?  Do guns such as the m 1928 have a plase when you get to a high level?  I also think it would be cool to win Apronic  armor just like you get balls of steal after completing a 200.  Say a 500 crate mission?

2017-01-02 03:55:39

hmm, interesting, had forgotton that had been changed, ... then why is it i've died, and i think i stayed on map i was on or one i was on after a mission death? ... hmm. will have to be thinking about it at the time of my next death and watch to see if i do actually start on map 1 as i'm ment to. ahh well, that idea need not be taken into account then.  lol

2017-01-02 05:24:32

i've always respawned on m1. what's really needed and I've said this before is the ability for players to stash their stuf. it would increase player looting for 1 thing. making sure we have a good surplus of stuff. having that ability even if you have to buy it with rep would be good.

2017-01-02 05:36:35

I do see the advantage of storing your stuff but the idea of losing all your items does add a bit of fear to the game for forces you to really think before acting.  Can someone please the list of what items spawn on each map?

2017-01-02 14:02:43

if you go to page 60 of this thread and look for amara's post you'll find that information.

feer of dying I can go with but with the increased difficulty now comes with the greater chance of dying. how many times can you keep borrowing off of other players? especially when you spend all your rep on getting ammo and all that. there really now does need to be a way of you safeguarding your stuff. it's your responsibility to make sure your stash is ampley supplied.

2017-01-03 14:40:45

Hello aprone, my friend is making a campaign for swamp, and he is making all things as in the compaign guid written, but shift q events and location enter event are not working right, same with spawning items in zones. Can you please fixx that?

2017-01-03 17:38:58

Well said Keba.  smile

The idea of storing stuff for when you die, has been around since the earliest days of multiplayer Swamp.  The official position has always been that Swamp is trying to make you afraid to die, and starting over with nothing is pretty scary.  Things have changed a lot since the early days, and even though I've continued to push against that suggestion, I am at least open to hearing people's thoughts on it.  There are pros and cons to both sides, and I won't pretend to know every pro and con that's out there.  I'm sure if people laid out some thoughtful arguments for one side or the other, they would contain some things the rest of us hadn't considered yet.

SkyLord, I'm not entirely sure what your friend needs help with so I cannot help him fix what he has done wrong.

- Aprone
Please try out my games and programs:
Aprone's software

2017-01-03 19:14:25

I don't agree that death storage would cause players to loot more. The players who regularly loot don't really have difficulty getting their gear again, and the ones who don't can barely get their own sets of gear, so storing stuff wouldn't really help them. What would help everybody would be the ability to purchase better load-outs for when you die. For example, you could spend 25 QP to get 3 pieces of armor randomly selected from a random armor rating, and 50 points to select a new weapon, also randomly selected from the list of weapons. So you could end up with the crossbow, or with a chainsaw, but they wouldn't stack; only one starting weapon. If you didn't like your new weapon, you would buy another roll, same for armor.

The universe is a rain storm. We are droplets sent to quench the problems of the world, yet we are blown sideways by the winds of distractions.

2017-01-03 21:51:58

hey,
here's an item index. note though that everything isn't completely right but most things are so here you go
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/846 … cation.txt

2017-01-03 22:13:45

@sneak too expensive but I Think it's a good idea.
Better sz stuff to begin with, and you should be able to spend quest Points on loot only items. That would encourage people to quest more and wouldn't discourage people who died 24/7 (such as myself haha)
I'm also in favor of xp for questing, maybe say 2000 per quest ... that's 6k per day ... well perhaps that should be a value for each quest then  the xp given is based on your level.
I'm also fond of the idea to get xp as you loot. This would going out to loot actually be Worth while other than for the simple sake of regaining something you lost.
You could get a sense of achievement / purpose as you jjungled your way through all those piles of loot with ammo and more ammo while as right now, my feeling is that it only is your punishment for dying since well ... map running isn't really fun, everyone's looking forward to well, the hard maps which takes a lot of looting to get the Equipment you  need to survive there, and the missions of course, same deal here.
Thoughts  on this?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-01-03 22:29:36

well that would be a good use of quest points. I've only ever done 1 quest and have never bothered since because of the whole thing of quest points being worth nothing.

to be able to stash more stuff yourself would make you loot more i think. it certainly would me. i would want to put away a percentage of what i found at any given time and keep it there. even if it was at a single sz. having your stuff accessed through a single sz of your choice makes more sense rather than being able to access it at any given sz. that would make things too easy IMO.

i would always be scared to die because well what if i haven't got enough of what i need stashed away? I'd need to be able to replace it. don't forget whilst you can carry multiples of armor ammo etc you can only carry 1 of each weapon type or i should say you can only loot 1 of every weapon type at a time. so if you wanted multiples of any given weapon you'd have to loot it then run back to your stash, drop it, then go back to where you found said weapon and pick up another and keep doing it until you feel you have enough of that weapon type. so gathering a good stash of any given weapon for example would take time and in my opinion wouldn't be that easy. you could be killed somehow on your way back to your stash which then means not only do you have to replace that weapon you looted, you then need to equip yourself with additional armor and ammo. so i would say there are risks to stashing your stuff as well.

the problem with the whole thing of losing everything when you die is that you then have to equip yourself with whatever you can find. that's normal even if you're looking for stuff to stash but having to constantly ask players to help you get back on your feet again well it forces them to use their stuff not only that, it's just annoying and quite frankly disheartening to have to keep doing that all the time. i mean who wants to be seen as a constant begger? i certainly don't and it seems like that's all I'm doing lately.

2017-01-04 00:31:09

... map running isn't really fun, everyone's looking forward to well, the hard maps which takes a lot of looting to get the Equipment you  need to survive there, and the missions

Eh. I disagree tongue
Actually, when it became pretty much essential to not just run missions constantly, but to have already run missions constantly to participate, that's about where I stopped playing. Don't misunderstand me, Kakarot; missions and the higher level maps are fun and I want to play them. But That whole deal when you're level 1-5 and have to actually try and stealth around zombies and try to figure out where to go looting and such is actually more fun in some ways--death feels like a loss, but that just means you get out and go looting again.
I've always kinda been on the same page as Aprone with regards to storing items. Swamp is not a game about becoming a God who prances about all day basking in their unstoppable power. It's a game about surviving when society crumbles and deadly monsters are around every corner. Rep inflation was an issue way before things went crazy, so it's no surprise that so many items aren't buyable.

Actually, this:

i mean who wants to be seen as a constant begger?

kinda sounds like the reputation system, except for real.
Like, rep isn't money. It's people's willingness to trust/support you with equipment and responsibilities. The in-game version is that you can't constantly buy things if you keep losing it without putting it to good use.
If we didn't have trading, you'd just have to go find things and build up enough rep to buy things.

... Buuuuut...
When rare items get involved, this starts to get a little more stressful. So, anyone remember how late 1980s-early 1990s games didn't have much in the way of a persistent world or equipment, so you kept things until they were used up, lost, or even just when you completed the current level? You sorta find rare items with the understanding that you're not going to get to keep them for very long, even if (nay, especially if) you do everything right.
But in longer free-roaming games where you can save items, and it takes much more time and effort to find the coolest stuff, that understanding kinda starts to break down.

You know? to me, this is starting to look like people should die more often, and rare items should be a tad easier to obtain. But this is a survival game, not Duke Nukum, so I dunno.
... How did that turn into proposing a compromise? I was just trying to say that I like running maps!

看過來!
"If you want utopia but reality gives you Lovecraft, you don't give up, you carve your utopia out of the corpses of dead gods."
MaxAngor wrote:
    George... Don't do that.

2017-01-04 01:51:17

but yes if you are in a world that has broken down for whatever reason then it stands to reason that people would hord things. whether it be weapons or food. even the missions we do suggest this to be the case. why would you  bring up to 200 craits of food back from a wearhouse for example. the idea being so that it is stored for future use.

yes swamp is a survival game. nobody is denying that. but equally in order to survive in any given situation, you need 2 things. obviously the equipment to survive and a surplus store somewhere. you don't want to be carrying everything around with you all the time only the stuff that you really need. so for example you can keep kit for missions you can keep kit for looting etc.

2017-01-04 10:15:09

a few random thoughts and other things in this post of mine.
post is a little bit long, but hear are my thoughts.

buying things at the sz is a very nice idea,
i also in agreement that the entire buying system should be reworked, so that you can get a starting gear, to help you along if you die on difficult maps.
or, perhaps having the ability to reset your points when you die, becomes an option. so that you can thus use the armor type that the safe zone supports.

I really dig the xp when you loot, idea, that does sound like huge fun.
imagine getting 100 xp for every loot item, hell that can be fun.
not only will you have fun looting, but you get xp for it as well. in fact maybe xp can even be random, according to maps.

as for storing items, ah now this one is a very tricky thing for me.
I look at it out of a slightly different point of view.
had I a say weather I'd love to store items, my answer would be yes. but my reasons would be because of the following
1. fear of losing items, not. due to death, but due to inventory bugs and other unforeseen things causing you to lose armor, or inventory,
2. as zombies hits harder these days, witch is perfectly fine, the other flip side of that coin is that, armor damages easier, what i mean by that is, that, when zombies hits you, even if you are fully healed, your armor has a chance of becoming damaged, that chance percentage has now gone up due to harder hitting zombies,
this means, that hi armored seems to just as easily get damaged as say, composite armor, or any other armor type. ceramic armor being one of them,
for that reasons storage would be nice, to stock up on those hard to find items.
If, how ever armor items was easier to find, and took less time to find, storage would not become such a need for.
Since you could just go find them all again when you lost them. but when losing them to many times not due to deaths, but due to other factors does, become a bit disheartening.
3. deaths, ah yes we all fear deaths.
but its just one of these things. you are going to die, and you'll just have to get back up on your feet.
While it is nice if you have your friends and helpful players to help you. there's always times when its not possible, or when they even are running low on the things they can help you with.
4. and yes, i am honest,
bragging rights.
if you loot, and invest allot of time looting,
finding stuff, and, also have a real life out side swamp, and thus can't always play.
it is a personal achievement to see your items grow. while i am not one of those who'll brag about exactly what i can put away, and how much i have of x y and zet,  i like to personally see my nest egg grow.
one of the most important reasons for me is, helping others.
that when i help others, or do a complete inventory restore of some one whose perhaps level 90 and still very small, and he dies, it gives me pleasure to see that smile. and to in courage that person to retry. and then to see him or her even more willing to try. just because of that helping hand i was able to give.
this is ware storage can play a very huge part for me.
hosting competitions. doing them takes lots of time, also takes a big chunk of stuff that you have in your inventory, so, having ability to store items would be a nice way to build up a repository.

7. difficult to find items, because of  the hard to find items that you have found,
8. memorabilia. and sentimental value.
think of it as a virtual photograph, or album,
i do.

they serve you with good memories. when you had a good time with your friends, when you went on x y or zee mission.
special events on swamp perhaps,  caused you to find items that you liked, and thus want to keep them.
I end off my little post here by saying,
i don't think there must be a cap of what you can store, i believe that, if aprone is going to implement the storage idea, if he ever will, it must be all or no go.
my reason behind this statement is, there'll always be those who loves to store items,
weather it be for hording, weather it be out of there own personal achievements, or weather it be just for fun to see how much they can get. or weather their ideas are noble, or for personal gain.
or even weather it will be with the goal to help others.

it is very true that in the older days of swamp storage had no space.
but in the new swamp world and with changing player base, perhaps offering the storage system, is a a good incentive,
i must add though that, i believe that, before we can even consider the idea of storage system being officially becoming part of swamp, if aprone decides to implement this. the most important bug, of losing inventory must be addressed first.
because otherwise, the storage system will become a grater drag on aprones time,
he will get constant complaints of player x losing this, player y, can't  find  that,, and so on.

i end off the post with a few questions to consider.
aprone, perhaps some of these ones you can answer,
while it would be nice to see a storage system in swamp, and witch i am in favor for. i ask the following questions that needs hard and long consideration.

1. how much time would it take to implement a well worked out system?
2. will inventory bug adversely affect storage system and impact aprones time?
3. if above, conditions can be over come with suggestions. what sort of reasonable cap can we expect to all agree on, with out affecting inventory load times, or retrieval times upon connection.
4. or is it possible for aprone to, not impose a cap. and thus it is our choice what we can store or how much we chose to store? is it  possible?

There's a place for me in this universe.

2017-01-04 13:46:17

hi.

holy shit flyby omg
/me runs up and licks his favourite dog all over the face, then spits out the fur in disgust.
/me continues hugging the doggy, patting him on the back and making weird moaning noises.

well ... at least not 100 xp per loot but maybe 10 at most,  just as an insentive ... you know.
What do you Think of the quest Points idea, namely the one where you get xp for quests?

Follow me on twitch
And
Subscribe to my youtube

2017-01-04 14:05:53

well that might be good for hc but for normal players I'd prefer rep for looting. or maybe you choose whether you receive rep or xp. you'd choose that in the same way you would lets say do a reset. something like typing /chooseexp or /chooserep but you can only make that choice weekly or something along those lines.

2017-01-04 14:35:51

I like the idea of Xp when looting because I can always do a quick mission and get rep.  Also, what about the idea of purchasing special items for quest credits apronic armor for me LOL.  Thoughts?

2017-01-04 19:34:48

You should try HC mode, where we have to find everything we need, we have no other way of getting ammo, armor and weapons, so the need to store items is more important on HC than normal, as HC requires not only a setup for looting/missions, it also requires a different setup for fighting in the fort maps